Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you light yours?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

So, how do you light yours, and what do you smoke? Personally I smoke rollies, and use a zippo. Have a "backup" lighter for those days that the zippo runs out of fuel, but aside from that, always the zippo.

How do you light yours? 130 votes

Zippo
    0%
    Lighter
    24%
    the_syco_blank_CrowdedHouseyoucancallmeallord lucanAlanstrainorGran HermanoHogzyPingu-Duncle-mofoKersmashbunglerxsiborgjohndoe99Pablo SanchezmetalfestIndubitableBobjimsMidnight_EGjohnmcdnl 32 votes
    Matches
    65%
    totoalbytethe_sycoBuffyBotweemcd_blank_seanybikerDonkeyStyle \o/KorvanicaCorkfeenArmaniJeanssmuletideStevehiscanThe Hill BillyanimanLust4LifeBucephoffaly1Gran Hermano 85 votes
    Other (please specify)
    10%
    _blank_KorvanicaTerrontressBeerNutminty16EoinHeffernanGlebeeJames2693tiernanmul_gosRothmansCanis_LupusSl!mCharlesPeeWe 13 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Other (please specify)
    Pipe lighter for the pipe; cigar matches for the cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Zippo petrol pipe lighter for the pipe and for lighting other peoples smokes.
    Zippo 'Blu' gas for cigars.
    A book of cigar matches in my pocket for flint/fuel emergencies.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

Matches
    i stopped using my zippo as
    i got more addicted to the smell of the fuel then the cigarette itself

so now i just use either the mini bic lighter or whatever is handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Matches
    With a lighter.

And I use the lighter in the car a good bit too - does anyone else use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Matches
    And I use the lighter in the car a good bit too - does anyone else use that?
    I find the zippo (left under the handbrake leaver) to be easier to use than the lighter in the car, as if stopped at a junction, by the time the car lighter pops, the lights have changed. Zippo is instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

Lighter
    i'm a cigar smoker and i have a zippo, a ronson varaflame, a colibri and a couple of table lighters all collected over many years - i use extra long matches too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Other (please specify)
    I try to always use a zippo, but sometimes I don't have one fuelled up, I'm just too damn lazy, when that happens I use whatever lighter I find lying around.

I like matches too.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Zippo 'Blu'

I'd love one of these.

Des wrote: »
    I'd love one of these.
    I find it a tad under-powered. It does the job but you'll not cook a créme brulée with it however I love that I can still 'snap' a zippo to light my cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Lighter
    Zippo for me

Have a Zippo Pipe lighter too

I found the Zippo Blu very unreliable, I had a sore thumb from striking it !...I left it aside on a table...I randomly pick it up every so often and most times it works......:confused:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

IMCO lighter,used to have a zippo but some scumbag robbed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Matches
    IMCO lighter
    Had to google that one. Looks cool.

Slightly OT but the IMCO reminded me of the little rubber bladders of fuel you could buy for filling them. I used to pierce a tiny hole in the tip of them and then squeeze a thin stream through a lit match making a flame thrower for melting toy soldiers in horrific battle scenes - complete with the voice overs of the dying tortured screams. Fun times. :cool:

Lighter
    available in p & p barry newsagents, stephens green - every old lad who smoked used to have one of these years ago !

Lighter
    Slightly OT but the IMCO reminded me of the little rubber bladders of fuel you could buy for filling them. I used to pierce a tiny hole in the tip of them and then squeeze a thin stream through a lit match making a flame thrower for melting toy soldiers in horrific battle scenes - complete with the voice overs of the dying tortured screams. Fun times. :cool:

hello therapy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Lighter
    I'm a zippo man, Got my first for my 18th birthday and have one in my pocket since.

Keep a book of matches in my wallet for flint/fuel emergencies dough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lighter
    Zippo all the way. Been using Zippo's for about 15 years now,hate having to buy disposable lighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ferrise

Matches
    I always use to light my cigarettes with the lighter..When ever my friend ask me for the lighter i always said him to give me back after lighting you cigarette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

picturestakenattherighti.jpg

I just rub a coupla trees together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Matches
    A normal lighter most of the time,occasionally use the fancy zippo though when i can be bothered to get fuel for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Cheap lighter. Sometimes I'll use some of the 10-for-€2 ones or I'll plump 1.50 for a bic that'll last 3-5 months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Matches
    Cheapest lighter I can find. I'm always losing the bloody things!

I found that the cure to that was to buy an expensive lighter. I'm so tight-fisted that I make sure I know where the lighter is at all times. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Matches
    I've had loads of expensive ones, mostly presents over the years.

It hasn't stopped me losing them - mainly due to being drunk I might add :D

I do like the refillable disposables though, great idea. The electronic spark goes after a while but It's so so bad having to bin them. At least I feel I got value. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Matches
    Ceder wood for my Romeo number 2's
    After that just a normal clipper for my Silk cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ferrise

Matches
    I always use to light my cigarettes with the lighter..When ever my friend ask me for the lighter i always said him to give me back after lighting you cigarette.

<snip>

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Matches
    BiC disposable lighters mostly. They seem the longest lasting of the disposables.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lighter
    I found that the cure to that was to buy an expensive lighter. I'm so tight-fisted that I make sure I know where the lighter is at all times. :)

Or use what i use,one of these:

ZLLPLBKs.jpg;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lighter
    Ancient Zippo, had it nearly 20 years, even sent it off once to see if they really do that (lid had broken) and they do!
    Fixed lid and put completely new insides into it.
    Then flew over to Germany and those German swine would not let me fly with my Zippo!
    No one in Shannon complained!
    I was told I could open it, dump all the petrol on the floor, light it and Boom! fireball in the sky and airplane raining down in a million flaming pieces.
    Told him he should lay off the glue, but no good.
    So went back out into airport, bought envelope and stamp and posted Zippo to myself.
    Got it back a few days later, no problem.
    Since then have replaced innards once or twice more, but still going strong.
    So, advise for the weary traveller: Don't take your Zippo.

• Advertisement

Lighter
    LOL the ironic thing is that European Zippos are repaired in Germany now.

(Not knowing this I sent mine, a 20 year+ old one too, to the US to be repaired.Rather than just repairing it and sending it back,they actually sent it on to Germany.It was then sent from there via the wasters called GLS and only for the honesty of one of the neighbours a who found it on the side their doorstep, in the rain,I never would have seen it again)

Advertisement