Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Welcome / Добро пожалов&#107

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Georgio_77

Here's me - a native Russian speaker slash nice guy of multiple talents :) Back home I had studied to be a teacher of English and German, but instead I found myself here in Ireland, waiting tables for 5 years, and after breaking free from slavery work permit system, working as an IT systems administrator in a small travel agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Moomoo1

I am a native speaker. Work in a university. Nothing special...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Hi All,

I'm a native speaker too, work as a health care pair support in a large health care facility. Here in Ireland for all must 8 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Irlandski

Hi All

Congratulations to all on the forum!!!:D

I'm Irish but have a thing for Russia since I first visited Moscow and St.Petersburg as a student. I've been back to Russia a few times since then and to Novosibirsk by train in August 2008 to see a solar eclipse! Last June I rode my motorbike from Co.Clare to Murmansk!. I tend to stay with Russian familys if I can and if they have no English then better still! I have also been to Belarus about 15 times or so. I have got good Russian vocabulary and can read lots of basic stuff and ask directions on the street and so on. But my grammar is oozish очень плохо and I cannot write. I really want to improve my Russian.

paka

Declan

Waw вот это рекорд с Co.Clare доехать до Мурманска!! Молодец! Русская грамматика очень богата и сложна, и поэтому много русско-говорящих сами не знают толком своего языка. Что бы научится писать по-русски вам нужен в первую очередь хороший репетитор который поможет вам усвоить грамматику Русского языка. Пока я вам могу посоветовать много читать, пробовать писать по несколько простых предложений. Русское ТВ тоже очень вам бы помогло :) Я сама из за того что мало общаюсь на Русском начала забывать свой родной язык. Правда, уже это не смешно...

И еще, если вы действительно хотите научится эффективно писать и вы уже например знаете алфавит и как писать по-русски но просто имеете проблемы в орфографии, то вам не нужно стеснятся и уже начать писать по-русски. Здесь вам могут помочь в исправлении ошибок. Кстати, я так и учу Английский, пишу, меня исправляют, я запоминаю, и с каждым разом все лучше и лучше.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Georgio_77

Ух ты, Деклан молодец! К тому же ещё и байкер :) Respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 abg

Всем привет!

Меня зовут Александр, я с форума http://ostrov.ie
    Мы также делаем онлайн радио для русскоговорящих жителей Ирландии. Слушайте нас ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Привет всем, abg тут как тут уже :)

Thank you so much for creating Russian forum here, love boards.ie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevosaur

ty menya oo znayesh kak menya zavoot ya ne skazhu tebya, shto ne xvataet?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭survivor2

Hi,folks I'm native Russian.

Надеюсь,присутствие на форуме русскоговорящих юзеров доставит нашим ирландским друзьям удовольствие!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

trevosaur

a kto vas uznayot?

Sorry,I did not completely understand what you mean ? I would recommend to use regional settings of your Windows and install Russian (ru). To type in Russian is easy if you'll use stickers with Russian letters on your keyboard.I saw them in stock at an office of Russian newspaper at 55 O'Connel street,Dublin(second or 3th floor).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hi,
    I just discovered the forum exists today. Congrats! I'm Irish but of Russian descent, I love languages and decided to take an evening course in Russian about 2 years ago, and kept it up for almost a year. I really enjoyed it and met some lovely people along the way. I had to give up the course as my real job took priority and I felt I was neglecting my Russian as a result but I'm determined to go back to it once work calms down a bit. I still listen to the audio lessons that I have and am quite pleased with how much I can read on this forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Привет! Мое название - это DanDan и я изучаю Русский язык в университете. В следующем августе я буду двигаться в Санкт-Петербург в течение года. Я буду очень возбужден и домашний больной, но это будет забава:D

Привет,DanDan !

Русский язык довольно трудный в изучении и у тебя получилось непонятно.

Мне кажется,ты написал:

-Привет,меня зовут DanDan. Я изучаю русский язык в университете.
    В августе следующего года я поеду (учиться? проходить практику?)
    в Санкт-Петербург.Я буду волноваться и скучать по дому,но будет весело.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Moomoo1

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Я буду очень возбужден

hmmmm...

Привет! Мое название - это DanDan и я изучаю Русский язык в университете. В следующем августе я буду двигаться в Санкт-Петербург в течение года. Я буду очень возбужден и домашний больной, но это будет забава:D

Hi DanDan, did you use the translation? If yes, then it's speaks a lot. Translation usually gives you a wrong writing style - due to the difficulties of the language, but all the same, I believe that you are doing great. By the way, how is your study going? Are you looking forward to go to St. Petersburg? Do you know where are you going to stay in there? For how long are you going there?

If you don't mind let me correct your writing..

Привет! Мое название ( the correct answer will be: Меня зовут) DanDan, и я изучаю Русский язык в Университете. В следуйщем Августе ( В следующем году в Августе) я буду двигаться/двигается - we use for inanimate object ( Я поеду) в Санкт Петербург в течение года - here you use simple continuous, the correct answer will be (на год). Я буду очень возбужден и домашне больной ( Я буду очень переживать и скучать за домом/ родными) но это будет забава ( но все ровно это будет интересно/ забавно).

Good luck with your study and I believe that in a few years you'll be a perfect Russian language user ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Hi DanDan, did you use the translation? If yes, then it's speaks a lot. Translation usually gives you a wrong writing style - due to the difficulties of the language, but all the same, I believe that you are doing great. By the way, how is your study going? Are you looking forward to go to St. Petersburg? Do you know where are you going to stay in there? For how long are you going there?

If you don't mind let me correct your writing..

Привет! Мое название ( the correct answer will be: Меня зовут) DanDan, и я изучаю Русский язык в Университете. В следуйщем Августе ( В следующем году в Августе) я буду двигаться/двигается - we use for inanimate object ( Я поеду) в Санкт Петербург в течение года - here you use simple continuous, the correct answer will be (на год). Я буду очень возбужден и домашне больной ( Я буду очень переживать и скучать за домом/ родными) но это будет забава ( но все ровно это будет интересно/ забавно).

Good luck with your study and I believe that in a few years you'll be a perfect Russian language user ;)

Hey ye I did haha. i was going to try and write it myself and then just decided to use a translator as i was lazy haha

thanks for correcting it :)

Hey ye I did haha. i was going to try and write it myself and then just decided to use a translator as i was lazy haha

thanks for correcting it :)

From the way you wrote it I immediately knew that you wrote in English and then translated everything to Russian. I do use it sometimes translation when I write in English and then translate to Russian and that's what always comes up, just similar to your text. Regarding your practice, do not be lazy cose that's your knowledge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Hi,
    I've learned Russian on and off for 3 years.
    I find it quite easy to pick up as I used to be rather good at Polish.
    I try to speak it as much as possible, but there aren't many Russian speakers around here, and no courses or tutors available in Cork from what I've seen.
    Most of my friends speak English too well for me to learn from them.

One bad problem I have with Russian is that I transliterate too much and especially - translate directly when under pressure rather than using the appropriate Russian expression.
    The Russians have a distinct way of speaking (which partially explains why they sound strange to us when they speak English, whereas the Poles do not)

I tend to learn in bursts, but I'd really like to start improving, I'm at about conversational level, but I'd really like to be able to speak the language well.

Spasibo,
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Hi I love the Russian language and its my dream to learn this language one day !!!!

- Trevor

Yesterday a new Internet tv channel in Ireland has launched in Russian
    http://2dublin.ie/web1/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bunnibasher

;)Hi all,

My name is Sharon and I am mad about languages. I've wanted to learn Russian for quite a while now, I even tried to learn it whilst living in Germany but the classes were pretty bad.

I am moving to Moscow in September for 9months to work as an EFL teacher and also for myself to learn Russian :D

Any info about moving would be greatly appreciated! I am going to start a thread lookin for advice also but thought I'd mention it here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 russianlessons

abg wrote: »
    Всем привет!

Меня зовут Александр, я с форума http://ostrov.ie
    Мы также делаем онлайн радио для русскоговорящих жителей Ирландии. Слушайте нас ;)
    Остров - очень приятно сделаный сайт, респект создателям.
    Мне понравилась, к примеру, лента новостей, с помощью которой можно просматривать новые темы на других русских форумах Ирландии - это удобная штука. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Привет!

I'm about as "beginner" as you can get really but I'm optimistic about getting better.

Привет! - это DanDan и я изучаю Русский язык в университете. В следующем августе я буду двигаться в Санкт-Петербург

Хей,DanDan!

Как дела? Ездил в Петербург? Как там было? Повеселился :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MNV_Dub

I see no one has introduced themselves since 2012 but since I only joined a minute ago I would like to introduce myself, sooo...

Привет :) Меня зовут Mirjam, I am Dutch, have been living in Ireland since 2012 and have started learning Russian 2 or 3 weeks ago, with my 'official' course having started last week. I am very excited about it all, but despite the fact that I have a 2 team members that are fluent in Russian I feel like I should get more practice in spoken Russian (and written, ie. chat), because I don't want to bother my coworkers too much with non-work related things.

I know some basic / common expressions and I am sure I would be a quick enough learner, as long as I get the proper practice. I have no real motive for learning Russian but I am extremely motivated anyway!

Hope this board will come in handy at some stage!

Mirjam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 MNV_Dub

Phoenix wrote: »
    Welcome Mirjam :)What part of The Netherlands are you from?

Spasibo! I am from Hall, it's basically the middle of nowhere. The neighbours are cows kind of village, haha. Never planned on moving anywhere but very happy I did.

Advertisement