Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Shamanic wrote: »
    Living in santry and working in dundrum and they won't let me leave til 9pm. I literally have no way to get home.

Just leave. Your safety is more important than work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

M2 DP at -0.5

Jeez, I'm starting to sound like you guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Small request to people with 4 wheel drive vehicles: Turn on the 4 wheel drive before setting out, unlike some idiots in their jeeps with the two front wheels spinning and going nowhere . . . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I know it's all been fun and games on here the last couple of days,but I hope all of you working or driving or needing to get home tonight , get there safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Snowing in Navan, thought the radar was showing clear skys for us ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My dad picked up our car from Mum's work in Inchicore at about 3pm. As of twenty minutes ago, he was at the Ha'penny bridge! Mum's Luas was quicker, she's meeting him in town so at least they can sit in the car together. Told her to avoid Connolly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

The raintoday radar is shifting much more east now (IE going to hit Maynooth lol) anyone know if this is correct with winds? I get very confused between directions they are going/coming from etc

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Ype +1

I know of someone this morning whos boss demanded she get to work - Wrote the car off half way !!! Silly silly boss threatened her by text - whoopsy do !

People like this, evil bosses need to have their arse takien to court for bullying employees into endangering themselves. Make sure she shows that text to a solicitor. Keep note of all todays weather warnings, and the weeks, as record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Looks like Dublin is going to get another dumping in the next hour or so. Convection really picking up off the coast now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

ciaranm wrote: »
    M2 DP at -0.5

Jeez, I'm starting to sound like you guys

Let us know when you get to leave!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I told one of my guys NOT to come in, let 2 off early and made sure everybody was sorted for a lift home before I left!

Boss of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

2qk4u wrote: »
    Snowing in Navan, thought the radar was showing clear skys for us ?

Radar is showing snow for you all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

strikestar60.png

lightning strike indicator

small little yellow and red dots are lightning strikes as you can see just west of the isle of man these showers are ......Thundersnow, expect heavy graupel where these showers make landfall

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Evleyn just said on the 6 one news that its to stay wintery for the next week including next wednesday ,

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

PICT1876.jpg
    17:50pm Avia - Stadium of Light! The blurs on the footpath are people but the camera couldn't capture them. This lane is where the fox went up last night, I saw him later last night at our front gate looking very hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rockynavan

snowing in navan -3 in car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Sadiemm wrote: »
    Well from someone who left work in snow last January and spent 5 hours in my car on the N3, I would say.. Stay put until you know the roads are clearer... You might feel hard done by being in work but at least you are warm...

Unfortuately I've been told just leaving will Be a leaving permanently case so no option but to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sadiemm wrote: »
    Well from someone who left work in snow last January and spent 5 hours in my car on the N3, I would say.. Stay put until you know the roads are clearer... You might feel hard done by being in work but at least you are warm...

I was abandoned outside work last January for a couple of hours(I'm a wheelchair user), while everyone else went home. Spent a couple of hours wandering around with a colleague who was waiting for someone to collect him. Resulted in me being out of work for 2 weeks sick!!!! :mad: Am staying off work for the rest of the week cos I don't want to put myself through that s**t again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

What about d14 ? We in for another battering, its been a mad day !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

ok i've tried readin as many pages a possible...... is there only dubs on here 2day :D

Whats the forecast for the rest of us :pac: Arklow especially:P

tanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Tomohawk wrote: »
    PICT1876.jpg
    17:50pm Avia - Stadium of Light! The blurs on the footpath are people but the camera couldn't capture them. This lane is where the fox went up last night, I saw him later last night at our front gate looking very hungry.

Hands up who heard the Close Encounters fanfare in their head when they saw that pic? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Blizzard conditions here right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I told one of my guys NOT to come in, let 2 off early and made sure everybody was sorted for a lift home before I left!

One of the Chefs who left at 2.00pm is stil not home to Kells yet, looks like I am back on the tools tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Unfortuately I've been told just leaving will Be a leaving permanently case so no option but to stay.

That is absolutely crazy...I feel for you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tomohawk wrote: »

Silly question but I'm not a photographer.
    How come the people didn't show up in the photo?

Also, hope you're leaving some food out for the poor fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Any snow headed for cavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

They cant do that are you in a Union job by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Blizzard conditions here right now....

same in ashford

If you get up and walk out there is such a thing as constructive dismissal which you can take him to court for. At this point Id say f*** and leave, make note of everything before you leave your desk. Are there others there with you?

chat to the legal guys.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/dismissal/constructive_dismissal.html

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

wish you were my boss :(

1pm HR Manager is asked to close early so people can get home,said he will have to think about;

1.15pm HR Manager goes home cos he is driving and the weather is bad;

no early leave for minions;

2.45pm Dublin Bus cancel all buses;

3.10pm walk to connolly train station to get the train to castleknock;

3.30pm connolly train station closed - wander to the shops buy a racksack & a bottle of water;

4pm start the long walk home;

5.20pm arrive home - **** YOU DUBLIN BUS AND HR MANAGER

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement