Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession? pffft. I got a job!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

i already have a job...

Me too! Plus i got a banj loan last week for something i didn't really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Congrats OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not only do I already have a job, the bank agreed to give me some money! :eek:

Naturally I shall default to ensure the long running recession threads on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well done OP............now get me a big mac and no gherkins thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Congrats man!!!!! Get fooked this weekend!!!!
    Insurgent wrote: »
    I hated it when I got paid monthly. Pain in the tits!

Lol I hated that too! I always blamed the English for starting the monthly pay. Every English shop I worked in always paid monthly, fookin hard when on min wage DURING THE BOOM YEARS!!!!!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

alwaysadub wrote: »
    This thread is depressing me. I can't even get an interview, never mind a job :(

Same here, seems to be a good few jobs in Dublin mind, may have to move to the big schmoke yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Congrats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Well done OP, long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've a job for somebody - PM me if your interested - I'm looking for a personal assistant

It's similar to the wpp in that its non paying. Photograph must come with CV.

Also well done op on job, what is it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No, thats what a credit card is for!

And the cosmic ballet goes on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I quit mine last Thursday. It's probably mine that you got.

And no, it wasn't in the building sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

When your unemployed threads about jobs are meaningless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I don't understand how people cannot get a job to be honest. Do they simply have no skills at all?

karlog wrote: »
    When your unemployed threads about jobs are meaningless.

I like your recent style :pac:

I don't understand how people cannot get a job to be honest. Do they simply have no skills at all?

Yes, everybody that is unemployed has no skills at all, in fact, the other day my shoelace was open and I had to ask an old man to bend down and tie it for me, then I dribbled instead of saying thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's really quite simple, the fact that you don't understand it says a lot tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

TBF it depends on what skills you have. I know somebody who studied for 7 years to be an architect and was gainfully employed for 4 years after graduating. Her firm folded Christmas 2008 and her job disappeared along with 70% of Irish architects.

There were and still are literally no architecture positions open in the country. People with 5 times her experience can't get a architecture job these days.

She was unemployed for 18 months and went back to education and did courses in business and project management. She recently started at an entry level temp position doing data entry for a large company on less than half the wage she was earning as an architect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

sink wrote: »
    There were and still are literally no architecture positions open in the country. People with 5 times her experience can't get a architecture job these days.

That's not strictly true. I'm taking on an architectural technician in the new year & a friend of mine has recently taken on a senior architect and an engineer.

Granted, there are a lot less jobs than there were, but it would be wrong to think that there aren't any jobs available. A lot of the larger companies folded because their main clients were large scale developers, but there are still lots of people building houses & there's plenty of work in the commercial & agricultural sectors.

I'm also looking for someone to do secretarial duties for a few mornings a week & can't find anyone suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I got offered a position last week but didn't feel the need to inform a load of people I don't know who more than likely don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

johnn wrote: »
    I got offered a position last week but didn't feel the need to inform a load of people I don't know who more than likely don't care.

Jeasus, your full of craic tonight... :D

• Advertisement

You just informed us with that post.

And you were right. No-one cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well done OP! :)
    Even so, they more than likely have comprehensional skills, something you appear to be lacking.
    Granted, there are a lot less jobs than there were, but it would be wrong to think that there aren't any jobs available. A lot of the larger companies folded because their main clients were large scale developers, but there are still lots of people building houses & there's plenty of work in the commercial & agricultural sectors.
    Yeah, a guy I know has a plastering business and is still getting loads of work. Still not taking anything for granted though - he won't turn down any work, even if it means working 10-hour days six days a week. It's precarious any time to be self employed, not to mind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭veruca salt

Congratulations OP, great to hear some good news :)

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, a guy I know has a plastering business and is still getting loads of work.

I'd love to get paid to be plastered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd love to get paid to be plastered.
    I knew you'd say that! :D

Dudess wrote: »
    I love your witty replies - they are always do unpredictable! :D

Cheers. I like to make an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

You just informed us with that post.

And you were right. No-one cares.

Ah right man if you don't care about me feel free to stop following me around boards quoting everything I say :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yup! Got offered a full time position today! Woo!

Out of interest was in IT? Also how long have you been looking for work? Is this your first job in that field? when did you qualify. Just out of interest. I'm already employed but wouldn't mind knowing what the craic is

I love you Star Belgrade. You make me feel all fuzzy in my man bum

:eek:

• Advertisement

I'm also looking for someone to do secretarial duties for a few mornings a week & can't find anyone suitable.

Can I ask about this?

Where have you advertised/tried to source a suitable candidate? What wasn't suitable about previous candidates? What characteristics do you deem as suitable/unsuitable for employment.

I ask because any jobseeking tips from employers are very valuable, espically on here where you can be frank (or judy or stephen or mary)

Advertisement