Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real R&B

Options
  • 31-05-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me some real R&B bands? I'm fed up of searching the internet and finding frankly **** music.

R&B means rhythm and blues, not rap and bull****!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

R&B has a wide range and maybe even the widest of all genres. It can go from rock n' roll based thru to soul, funk, and as you mentioned modern pop and even rap. The latter two would be contemporary R&B. I don't care for that at all either.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stomper45

When your looking on youtube, key in sixties rnb, or 6ts rnb, 6ts blues, 6ts chicago and so on.

Let me know some of your faves, maybe can recommend some'

Were playing alot of 6ts tonite at our club and i play some on the radio/internet show on 103.2 dublin city fm saturdays 6-7.30

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 phibra

men check out real OLD BUT GOLD RnB

new edition
    babyface
    avant
    chico debarge
    d-ground

• Registered Users Posts: 10 freakybeaky108

I find that if you're looking into 60's R&B it's best to go by label.

The only labels I know are Motown, Atlantic and Stax (there's probably loads more...) Motown is really poppy, Atlantic is more soulful and Stax has a kind-of raw, rootsy thing going on.

I hope this is helpful :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement