Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New..Irish youtube.....iTube.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

From a quick glance:

Positives,
    I like the domain name.

Negatives,
    Layout is amateurish - it doesn't scream of professional design to me.
    Too many ads
    I haven't registered, but can I upload videos through your site? It seems that all your doing is showcasing videos already up on youtube.

I suppose it depends what you want to achieve with the site, if you just wanted to make a simple site for the sake of it then kudos.

If your thinking this could be the 'New Irish Youtube' with a large user base your kidding yourself, for numerous reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

Thanks for response..
    Yes you can upload your videos and photos and broadcast your existing videos from youtube..
    Why do you thing that it can't be succesful? Any advise? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

One major reason is there's youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Why would I use this site instead of youtube? Because it's Irish won't cut it as an answer btw. I like to upload videos and I'm Irish so I am exactly your target user. Sell it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

I know there is youtube.. But you can for example upload video on youtube and share link on my page and you will have more clicks on your video. Other thing: photos, galeries, groups, you can login to facebook from my page and all your friends will see your videos and photos first. And i don't need bilions of visitors per month. 100.000 will be great:) Anyway, thanks for comments.. If you have any ideas or hints... Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

It will never take off. YouTube is the first thing that comes to mind when you want to share a vid, upload a vid, watch a vid and all those things.
    Even other large video sharing sites such as metacafe and dailymotion have to compete with utube.
    None of the features on your site would tempt me to bother uploading, or indeed watching a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

maticm18 wrote: »
    Why do you thing that it can't be succesful? Any advise? Thanks

If you want this to be successful:
    You need to redesign/develop the site to a much higher standard
    You will also need to run a well thought out and potentially very costly campaign.

Even with the above the site would more than likely fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

It doesn't *have* to fail. But if you just try and be youtube, you will fail miserably.

You need to think about focusing your content. Youtube is the second biggest search engine in the world. And there are hundreds of sites like it, but none will replace youtube (even Google couldn't topple youtube, so they had to buy it for billions).

A video site with only Irish content might (that's a very big might) work. This means, only videos of Irish origin or Irish content can be displayed on the site (or something like that). This way you are localising the content and giving a reason for your site to exist other than as just another youtube clone. People may be interested in checking out the site now and again to see what other Irish people are talking about, recordings of Irish TV programmes or whatever else. You might even get noticed by the international Irish market (approx 80 million people).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dima1

I like your idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Your website has about 40 videos in total... YouTube has a daily upload of almost 100'000 videos.

YouTube is owned by Google one of the biggest and most powerful company on the planet, and if you think you can take on Google, then you should probably be hired by Microsoft, because they spent several 100 Million $ a year to compete with them, and each year they miserably fail. ;)

No seriously now. A copycat of one of the most visited websites in the world will always backfire. You need to have a unique idea. There are about a 1000s Youtube-like websites that get started each day, and just as many go offline again in a few weeks... bubble bursted!

And YouTube is not just US, but has it's own local content as well for most countries.
    http://ie.youtube.com for Ireland.

About the website it self. I personally find the blue background very amateur like. Take a look at www.alexa.com and look at the 500 top websites. You see 99% of them have a very simple design, not much color, or movements going on.
    Keep it simple and not bloated.

I hope my needle didn't burst your bubble. All you need is a good fresh idea, or an idea how to improve an already existing ide.

Do not copy others idea.
    You should think your idea and find the other interesting thing that nobody does.

For example: I think the videos in youtube are too many.
    it is mess when you watch the video.
    So you can bulid a website that help people watch videos much easier.
    For example, I want to watch Narutu(japanese cartoon), I watch the first one,but the second one doesn't come up auto.

Do you get my point?

Your website has about 40 videos in total... YouTube has a daily upload of almost 100'000 videos.

YouTube is owned by Google one of the biggest and most powerful company on the planet, and if you think you can take on Google, then you should probably be hired by Microsoft, because they spent several 100 Million $ a year to compete with them, and each year they miserably fail. ;)

No seriously now. A copycat of one of the most visited websites in the world will always backfire. You need to have a unique idea. There are about a 1000s Youtube-like websites that get started each day, and just as many go offline again in a few weeks... bubble bursted!

And YouTube is not just US, but has it's own local content as well for most countries.
    http://ie.youtube.com for Ireland.

About the website it self. I personally find the blue background very amateur like. Take a look at www.alexa.com and look at the 500 top websites. You see 99% of them have a very simple design, not much color, or movements going on.
    Keep it simple and not bloated.

I hope my needle didn't burst your bubble. All you need is a good fresh idea, or an idea how to improve an already existing ide.

+1

Advertisement