Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Best of luck with it,

I'm the same as Adam I always liked that place going back 8 years.

Next boards beers will be free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well there's gonna be a bit of work needing to be done in there but at the same time, nothing major. hoping for 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Boards Beers last week of November/first week of December it is so.

Well if nothing else you'll have customer service on tap here! We'll obviously be talking to the boards people about paying for advertising etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Best of luck with it,the town needs more positive people like yourself.

• Advertisement

Thanks Richie. To be honest, Im not as positive as Flash, a man that has done wonders for this town, and I'll be lying if I said I didn't learn a lot from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've just heard a rumour that Bob Tweedy is involved in this?

I can tell you 100% that he is not. I can also tell you 100% that he wanted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Well there's gonna be a bit of work needing to be done in there but at the same time, nothing major. hoping for 3-4 weeks.

best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Best of luck!

I shall be in at some stage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Best of luck with it. Let's hope the saying 'Fortune favours the brave' is true in your case!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

From Harveys Face Book

We realise times are tough!! Harveys now want to give something back to you...

No late drink prices - majority of drinks now €5 or under :)

Come & see for yourself....

First time Ive seen a Kavanagh give something back to anyone ha ha

I heard they put they price of drink back up again for saturday night just because they knew it would be busy for halloween, €5.30 for a pint of heineken. They,re just taking the piss out of people who go in there regularly at the weekend.

I heard they put they price of drink back up again for saturday night just because they knew it would be busy for halloween, €5.30 for a pint of heineken. They,re just taking the piss out of people who go in there regularly at the weekend.

that number is surely going down the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I was there Friday night and took not just a double take, but a triple take when the bar man asked for €8.60 for a Vodka and Coke! That hurt considering we had just got a taxi down from The Toddle where we were paying €3 for the same thing! I really don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon. Masons has become busy again, so I'll think I'll head there during the week and The Forum on weekends.

As for The Toddle, I'm a bit undecided about the place. When you walk in, it looks as if you've just walked into someones house but instead of being greeted with kitchen appliances, you see a bar. To the right, it looks like a living room and I felt like I was intruding on some kind of pre-club session there! There's also waaay too many TVs there and people getting distracted all the time to make a comment on the Justin Bieber videos on MTV. I have no doubt that they'll do well up there but that won't necessarily translate to healthy profits given the additional costs they have in the form of security and DJs. The term "busy fools" springs to mind and I can't help but think that they're running the arses off themselves for nothing.

AdMMM wrote: »
    I was there Friday night and took not just a double take, but a triple take when the bar man asked for €8.60 for a Vodka and Coke! That hurt considering we had just got a taxi down from The Toddle where we were paying €3 for the same thing! I really don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon. Masons has become busy again, so I'll think I'll head there during the week and The Forum on weekends.

As for The Toddle, I'm a bit undecided about the place. When you walk in, it looks as if you've just walked into someones house but instead of being greeted with kitchen appliances, you see a bar. To the right, it looks like a living room and I felt like I was intruding on some kind of pre-club session there! There's also waaay too many TVs there and people getting distracted all the time to make a comment on the Justin Bieber videos on MTV. I have no doubt that they'll do well up there but that won't necessarily translate to healthy profits given the additional costs they have in the form of security and DJs. The term "busy fools" springs to mind and I can't help but think that they're running the arses off themselves for nothing.

Even for them that's way too high!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Ledger wrote: »
    Even for them that's way too high!!!

Is it really though? I gave up going in there when they started charging at the door as it was the last straw for me. But even then is was €5 just for a vodka and almost €11 for a vodka and red-bull. So is 3.60 really that expensive for a coke given their greedy pedigree?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

masons sat nite 3€ for a 200ml half glass of coke and a pocket ripping 4.90€ for a flat guinness.

dont these robbin idiots realise the celtic bubble has been bust......:mad:

Hoping to have "The Front Lounge" open by the weekend of the 26th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Can we get a sneak preview of what to expect ?

Imagine if the woodman and Ruby Lounge had sex...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

regular sex or something a little more stringent? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

DjBryn wrote: »
    masons sat nite 3€ for a 200ml half glass of coke and a pocket ripping 4.90€ for a flat guinness.

dont these robbin idiots realise the celtic bubble has been bust......:mad:

They won't until we stop buying these extortionately priced drinks. Complaining whilst at the same time buying them won't make a difference unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Oh god I want this now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Hoping to have "The Front Lounge" open by the weekend of the 26th November.

is this just the woodman or rubys lounge and the woodman?

O Riain wrote: »
    is this just the woodman or rubys lounge and the woodman?

It's neither. It's ex twister vics.

Rubys new club...won't be called that...will be open in march next year. The woodman they say week before Christmas hopefully.

Expect to see the bar staff and security from ruby lounge and woodman in "the front lounge". Live music on Friday and Saturday nights 10:30 - 12:30 followed by Dj playing classics hits from the 70s 80s and 90s. No hip hop no dance. Sorry if that doesn't suit but there are plenty of other bars that are catering to that taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Rubys new club...won't be called that...will be open in march next year. The woodman they say week before Christmas hopefully.

Expect to see the bar staff and security from ruby lounge and woodman in "the front lounge". Live music on Friday and Saturday nights 10:30 - 12:30 followed by Dj playing classics hits from the 70s 80s and 90s. No hip hop no dance. Sorry if that doesn't suit but there are plenty of other bars that are catering to that taste.

Most of the music of the 90's was dance...The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk etc...

Well that's your opinion. There was of course a prevalent dance scene in the 90s but I already said there won't be any dance so you won't expect to hear that.

Oasis, blur, deacon blue, crowded house, James, queen, radiohead, u2, Frank and Walters etc...these are bands amongst many, many others that had "classic hits" in the 90s (and 80s". I don't think the majority of the 90s was dance but even if it was there was still room for a lot of very good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Best of luck with it.

Twister vics is fairly close to the cinema, so maybe you can do something that links in with people going to the cinema, or leaving. Maybe some advertising in Storm, or some cooperation for mid-week.

If you drove into town, had 1 pint, and then watched a film would the alcohol be out of the system by the end of the film?

dayshah wrote: »
    Best of luck with it.

Twister vics is fairly close to the cinema, so maybe you can do something that links in with people going to the cinema, or leaving. Maybe some advertising in Storm, or some cooperation for mid-week.

If you drove into town, had 1 pint, and then watched a film would the alcohol be out of the system by the end of the film?

1 unit takes 1 hour to leave the body. A pint contains approx 2 units so it would take 2 hours.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement