Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic counts for the Interurbans

Options
  • 20-10-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are there any traffic counts now for the new stretches of motorway that have opened?

I looked on the NRA site and they still appear to be counting the traffic on the old national roads.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I was having a look at this lately too. M8 has traffic counts but no other new motorway has been recorded as of yet.

Really looking forward to seeing the traffic counts on the Limerick Tunnel for this month and last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

tech2 wrote: »
    I was having a look at this lately too. M8 has traffic counts but no other new motorway has been recorded as of yet.

I don't know where you're looking but this page has traffic counts for the following motorways: M1,4,6,7,8,9,11,50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Sorry should have mentioned in terms of the new motorways from the last year or so. M9 would be more realistic traffic counts towards the Kilkenny junction which tell how much use this road daily. The traffic counts on the Ballinasloe-Galway road will be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

serfboard wrote: »
    I don't know where you're looking but this page has traffic counts for the following motorways: M1,4,6,7,8,9,11,50.

Yeah, that's where I was looking all right, but it doesn't have anything from the sections opened in the past 3-4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah, that's where I was looking all right, but it doesn't have anything from the sections opened in the past 3-4 months.

Fair enough, re-reading your OP I see that that's what you meant. In fairness, when I went looking myself, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many of the motorways were on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement