Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Hoping you good people may be able to help!
    Posting on behalf of a friend.
    A well loved Cockatiel managed to escape from her cage last night and is now loose in the Rivervalley area of Swords.

She is grey and answers to the name of Duke.
    Owners are putting up pictures this morning and have texted 98FM with contact details.

If anyone in the area comes across her can you please send me a PM.

Many thanks
    Zad

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

Found 4th Oct, looks like a young Maltese X maybe. little guy with white hair, bit dirty and matted when we found him. male not sure of age about one maybe, no chip and think he's been neutered. very friendly, playful, used to dogs, people, cars and comfort (right now he's asleep on our bed!!!)

thanks

Eddie 0876969829

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kerri Gorm

Found a Male Cavalier king Charles in Dublin 8 yesterday.
    This guy is a beauty and definitely a family pet, his coat is immaculate - I can still smell the groomers shampoo from him! He also turned his nose up at my dry food this am. He is very bubbly and giddy and extremely frisky!

If you know of anybody who has lost a beautiful Blenheim, can you let me know immediately? We are more than delighted to hold onto him until his owners turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Lee1982

Skillie wrote: »
    Found 4th Oct, looks like a young Maltese X maybe. little guy with white hair, bit dirty and matted when we found him. male not sure of age about one maybe, no chip and think he's been neutered. very friendly, playful, used to dogs, people, cars and comfort (right now he's asleep on our bed!!!)

thanks

Eddie 0876969829

http://www.lostdogs.ie/lost-dogs/

could the little tan fella be him??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kerri Gorm

Kerri Gorm wrote: »
    Found a Male Cavalier king Charles in Dublin 8 yesterday.
    This guy is a beauty and definitely a family pet, his coat is immaculate - I can still smell the groomers shampoo from him! He also turned his nose up at my dry food this am. He is very bubbly and giddy and extremely frisky!

If you know of anybody who has lost a beautiful Blenheim, can you let me know immediately? We are more than delighted to hold onto him until his owners turn up.

This dog has now been reunited with his owners :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

lily.jpg

Lost from the Rochestown Cahir area Tipperary since yesterday morning 14/10/10. :( Last seen heading in the Cahir town direction. Shes 4yrs old golden yellow colour, micro chipped. Her name is Lily. Friendly family companion already missed. Please contact me on 0876173188.

Thanking you in advance! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fredbeattie

Fred went missing on 10th October last in the Clontarf area, near the Sheds pub. He is a large brown and white Adult Maine Coon cross. Male - chipped. Reward offered if found. I would love to hear from you. My phone number is 087 9636272 Many thanks

131202.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HarlowLux

Hey,
    Today I noticed a beautiful quite big white cat in the Castle Car park in Swords. It has different coloured eyes, one blue, one green. It (I say 'it' because I don't know too much about cats to know their sex) was overly friendly, just wanted to cuddle into us. It's been in that carpark for the last 3 days at least as some people from a shop there has been giving it milk, they know a lot of the wild cats in the area and they had never seen this one before. It seemed like a very loved and loving cat. The people who had been feeding it milk said that they rang the ISPCA who told him to 'just leave it there and that the wouldn't take it' which I thought was disgusting. We gave it tuna and cat food today and more milk. But it doesn't seem very used to being outside a lot, it doesn't even move out of the way of moving cars. We couldn't bring it home because we have a new little dog who does not like cats, I'm at a loss of what to do, it seemed very cold. And I can't afford to take it to a vets to see if it has a microchip etc. If the description sounds like a missing cat you know or if your in a place where you could look after it please message me. I can't bear the thought of it being alone for much longer. It didn't have a collar. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

HarlowLux wrote: »
    Hey,
    Today I noticed a beautiful quite big white cat in the Castle Car park in Swords. It has different coloured eyes, one blue, one green. It (I say 'it' because I don't know too much about cats to know their sex) was overly friendly, just wanted to cuddle into us. It's been in that carpark for the last 3 days at least as some people from a shop there has been giving it milk, they know a lot of the wild cats in the area and they had never seen this one before. It seemed like a very loved and loving cat. The people who had been feeding it milk said that they rang the ISPCA who told him to 'just leave it there and that the wouldn't take it' which I thought was disgusting. We gave it tuna and cat food today and more milk. But it doesn't seem very used to being outside a lot, it doesn't even move out of the way of moving cars. We couldn't bring it home because we have a new little dog who does not like cats, I'm at a loss of what to do, it seemed very cold. And I can't afford to take it to a vets to see if it has a microchip etc. If the description sounds like a missing cat you know or if your in a place where you could look after it please message me. I can't bear the thought of it being alone for much longer. It didn't have a collar. Thank you

If it's not obviously sick or thin I wouldn't be too worried about it, sounds like someone's cat has just found out that if it hangs round that area it gets fed nice food, or someone has gotten a new cat. Best thing to do is on a dry day write a message on a piece of paper and put it round it's neck saying something like this- if this cat belongs to you please ring this number, presumed a stray and will be caught and rehomed in 10 days if no reply. Put a few posters up around the area with a similar message also. But please make sure it's not somebody's lost or wandering pet before moving it elsewhere, cats sometimes aren't very loyal and will sometimes move home for a while if there's a chance of more or tastier food.

Milk wouldn't be the best thing to give him, most cats are lactose intolerant and will vomit it back up straight after drinking it. A bowl of water would be better but you'l probably find he'd prefer to drink out of a puddle. I wouldn't be surprised if he's deaf also, white cats with different colour eyes usually are deaf in at least one ear.

Fair play and a pat on the back for looking out for the cat anyways, most people view them as pests. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My wonderful little Jack Russel has been missing for the past 2 hours. She went off with another Jack and I have scoured the estate looking for her with no joy.

She is chipped but not wearing her collar with her tags as I took it off to wash :( She is wearing a red collar.

She went missing in the Garden City area of Ashbourne and I really really want her home.

She is quite small, tan and white and very very friendly. Please PM me if you come across her

Edit: home safe and sound. Thanks to the Gardai and very nice people a couple of estates away who took her in and cared for her :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 palester

I found a very sweet, small black dog with a white chest in Swords on Fri 15th October. He is an un-neutered boy approx 8 years old. He has a shaggy coat and is v friendly and is being very well looked after while we try to find his owners! He is possibly a shih-tzu or scottie cross breed. Please pm me if you own him. Proof of ownership will be required.... dog license/photos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Zapperzy wrote: »
    If it's not obviously sick or thin I wouldn't be too worried about it, sounds like someone's cat has just found out that if it hangs round that area it gets fed nice food, or someone has gotten a new cat. Best thing to do is on a dry day write a message on a piece of paper and put it round it's neck saying something like this- if this cat belongs to you please ring this number, presumed a stray and will be caught and rehomed in 10 days if no reply. Put a few posters up around the area with a similar message also. But please make sure it's not somebody's lost or wandering pet before moving it elsewhere, cats sometimes aren't very loyal and will sometimes move home for a while if there's a chance of more or tastier food.

Milk wouldn't be the best thing to give him, most cats are lactose intolerant and will vomit it back up straight after drinking it. A bowl of water would be better but you'l probably find he'd prefer to drink out of a puddle. I wouldn't be surprised if he's deaf also, white cats with different colour eyes usually are deaf in at least one ear.

Fair play and a pat on the back for looking out for the cat anyways, most people view them as pests. :(

When my cat was missing I found it with a piece of paper on his collar. That's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Found a small Tabby Kitten last Thursday evening in the Bohermore/caherconlish area of Limerick.
    Friendly little thing that is used to being around people and in a house.
    Not a cat person myself but have given it a bed and food but it really needs to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

This was posted around at work:

Dear users,

There is a cat hanging around Castlewhite Apartments for the past couple of days, curling up in front of apartment doors. If anyone knows anyone missing a cat, middle-aged, white belly, brown coat, green eyes you might inform them it may be on the grounds of Castlewhite Apartments.

Regards,

Castlewhite Apartments

UCC Campus Accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

Dear Tommy21
    would you be able to post a picture of the cat please.
    Thanks
    BC

Dear Tommy21
    would you be able to post a picture of the cat please.
    Thanks
    BC
    Hey no picture was posted, but I will send an email and see did he get one and let you know.

Pic attached!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Elizabeth24

Found 20th October - Station road portmarnock, large male adult black and white cat (White paws & underbelly)

Friendly, no collar, looks well cared for, does not appear to be microchipped.

For more info email Smith_elizabeth22@hotmail.co.uk or private message me.

THanks.
    Elizabeth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A large Labrador Cross was found in Spiddal. He is now with MADRA dog rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gemstar2010

Cat Lost - Black & White - Howth Hill

Hello all, I check this thread often in case of local animals; however I'm posting here now for the first time, on behalf of a neighbour.

Here's a picture of their cat:
    http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z39/gempix74/Gemma Oct2010/?action=view&current=CatLostOct20103.jpg

Killarney is missing since Sunday evening, 17th October, from Windgate Road, Howth Hill, near the Quarry.

He is a neutered black & white cat with a black tail, approx. 8 years old. He wears a blue collar with a catflap magnet attached, but unfortunately no address.

Killarney isn't normally adventurous, so we hope he's still in the local area, but having searched all week we cannot be sure.

If you think you might've seen him or have any information, please PM me or post details here, thank you. We'd be so grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

KittyKat wrote: »
    lily.jpg

This little lady was found. :) Thanks to anyone who went searching for her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Effie is a 1 year old mini yorkie. She wandered off from her owner in the Phoenix Park today. She is wearing a pink collar and has recently been spayed so still has her stiches in. She is a tiny girl and very friendly so is likely to approach people. If you have any info or any sightings please PM me your number and I will call you. She was last seen in the Popes Cross area. Please keep and eye out for her if you are in the area. Pic attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Owner located (through Blackrock Garda station) and dog now returned.

[Found - collie-cross female, Blackrock area of south Dublin @ 20.30 tonight, 25th October.

Dog will be scanned for microchip tomorrow morning.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Declan Carey

Dog lost in Dublin Hill / Ballyvolane area of Cork City.

Black pug, male, one year old.

Pic and more details here:

http://www.ispca.ie/lost-details.aspx?lostfound_id=3563

Dog lost in Dublin Hill / Ballyvolane area of Cork City.

Black pug, male, one year old.

Pic and more details here:

http://www.ispca.ie/lost-details.aspx?lostfound_id=3563

Hey Declan have you put this on the main forum for peoplesrepublicofcork.com? Best website for Cork area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sudename

Hi,, I found a dog in the Ballinacurra Gardens area of Limerick on Monday evening 25th October. A male black and tan jack russell/terrier mix, docked tail, no collar. He's a very friendly little fellow, and obviously well cared for.
    Please pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 howrtings

Hi

My 6 month old male kitten is gone missing from Ridgewood Area since yesterday 27/10/10. He wears a pink collar(confused little fella) with a bell on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

cjf wrote: »
    Effie is a 1 year old mini yorkie. She wandered off from her owner in the Phoenix Park today. She is wearing a pink collar and has recently been spayed so still has her stiches in. She is a tiny girl and very friendly so is likely to approach people. If you have any info or any sightings please PM me your number and I will call you. She was last seen in the Popes Cross area. Please keep and eye out for her if you are in the area. Pic attached.

Hi everyone thnks for all comments a very kind man found her and took her home and rang the local vet who we had also rang so we got her back!! Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My mothers Shih tzu was lost on the evening of October 26th.
    It happened when she was walking her in the Glenaulin park between Palmerstown and Ballyfermot approaching California hills. She let the dog off the lead to have a little run and someone set off some bangers near by and the dog ran towards Ballyfermot and was not seen since.

Her name is Willow and she was wearing the harness/collar seen in the picture. She is Microchipped to the previous owners who are aware she is missing so there is the hope that the microchip will come in to play.

Picture here.

It's a long shot posting here but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Saw this thread on the Dublin City Forum and wanted to repost here just in case-
    TimmyTank wrote: »
    Folks,

I found a dog last night as I was out walking my own close to Coolock Village. He's brown and white like a husky type dog. He's about 12 -24 months old well mannered and well cared for. If anyone knows anyone that's missing a dog can you point them in my direction and I'll pm them.

Cheers

Advertisement