Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilean Miners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Archimedes wrote: »
    Oh my god.

Sky actually have a 0 of 39 miners rescued in the top corner of their screen, which will tick up each time a miner comes out.

Absolutely cringeworthy, they truly are The Sun of "news" channels.
    LOL, Anyone played Lemmings??

0 of 33 miners rescued...
    Press F1 to retry this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Chill ffs :pac:

pardon me

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Can we watch it in 3D ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Will somebody record the adulterous one getting the slaps of his wife and his two mistresses when he gets out as I have to go to bed in a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There is massive media coverage of this
    Why is everyone so interested ?

Because nothing like this has ever happened before. That many men, all in reasonable health, trapped underground for two months. It's incredible that they are still alive and that hopefully all 33 of them will make it back to the surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭cson

Day 24 in the Dig Brother house.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The-Rigger wrote: »
    In what sense is it amazing?

I heard on the news earlier that they would be 'taking out the most experienced, then the weakest, then the strongest'.

I don't understand the reasoning behind that.

They need the saner and stronger people first so that if it goes wrong they have more chance of sorting whatever it is out, like detaching the capsule and going back down again. You also don't then leave the ill ones to come up last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭baldbear

Have they sent the capsule down on a dry run yet to see if it could get stuck?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

baldbear wrote: »
    Have they sent the capsule down on a dry run yet to see if it could get stuck?

Yep, they already sent it down to within 10m of the bottom with nobody in it, and they have sent someone down a few meters already. They seem to be having a bit of trouble attaching the cable at the moment. :eek:

Aghh it'll be 2 hours away yet. I'll be well asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

They are saying that the rescue itself will not start for another 2 hours. They need to sort out the communications gear.

Thought they were about to go but got longer to wait yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bueno means good.momento means moment.
    Can someone translate everything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is it just me, or does that mining minister look a lot like Jools Holland? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

is it true they sent a 40" tv down to them a while back?

if so, why didnt they just exit the mine through that hole?

BBC News had someone translating him, but his bit in english afterwards was pretty much what she traslated from him as well.

Sorting cameras and coms, then send it down empty, then send it down and back up with a tester, then send it down to the bottom with a paramedic then start bringing people up basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Oh my god.

Sky actually have a 0 of 39 miners rescued in the top corner of their screen, which will tick up each time a miner comes out.

such bad taste, god forbid something happens to them on the way up or the new tunnel even collapses-they'll feel like right arseholes then.......

actually no they wont, theyll flash up a breaking news thing and love the extra ratings. imagine this happened in a british mine (if theyre still open, dont have a clue tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

00112984 wrote: »
    If they had just started screaming "Oil!! We've found oil!!!!" they'd have been out months ago.

they thought if they stayed down a bit longer they'd manage to miss all of the X Factor :(

They sent a projector down so they could watch a football match.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn 2 hours to go- I'm tempted to stay and wait for the first person out. Anyone planning on staying up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

heard that jose never clocked in, he will be furious...

Hmnn 2 hours to go- I'm tempted to stay and wait for the first person out. Anyone planning on staying up?

Yeah, want to see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

BotFly wrote: »
    http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Trapped-Miners-in-Chile-Hours-Away-from-Rescue-104773954.html

This one goes out to all our chilean brothers who are stuck down a hole or something.

There's a hole in my heart,

As deep as a shaft,

For those poor little miners,

Who must be going daftl,

Though we can't get him out,

We'll do what we do most,

We go boards.ie,

And post, post, post.

And we're sending our love down the mine,

All the way down.

We're sending our love down the mine,

Down that mine

God bless those little guys.
    :D

Damn the way you can only get really crappy Simpsons clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i generally dont go to bed till 2 or 3 anyways so will wait around for the first few.

vamos! vamos!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Oh my god.

Well, they are owned by the same person....

That miners daughter was nice. Jesus i hope they don't drop that capsule now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

As far as TV goes, this is fairly dull.

Needs an explosion or two to liven things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

As far as TV goes, this is fairly dull.

Needs an explosion or two to liven things up.

Let the last 2 miners fight to the death for the last rescue trip.

Failing that a couple of computer generated T-rex's would liven things up a bit. Raaaaaarrrr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

is it true they sent a 40" tv down to them a while back?

if so, why didnt they just exit the mine through that hole?

If it had been a regular tv shaped hole maybe, they dug a hole 40" wide but only 2" deep, those flatscreens are just wafer thin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

how did they get stuck down there ?

Advertisement