Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should the Infrastructure forum organise its Metro North threads?

Options
  • 09-10-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Not wishing to jinx it, but if MN goes ahead then I'd like this forum to be the best source of non-official information about the planning, design, works and progress of the project.

Because of the scale of the project one or two threads will quickly become unnavigable and unwieldy.

I'd suggest a separate thread for:

1) St Stephen's Green
    2) Media Reportage
    3) Each proposed MN stop

Anything else? Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Furet wrote: »
    2) Media Reportage

2.1)Kevin Myres? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Furet wrote: »
    Not wishing to jinx it, but if MN goes ahead then I'd like this forum to be the best source of non-official information about the planning, design, works and progress of the project.

Because of the scale of the project one or two threads will quickly become unnavigable and unwieldy.

I'd suggest a separate thread for:

1) St Stephen's Green
    2) Media Reportage
    3) Each proposed MN stop

If you are going to have a separate thread for each stop than you should put everything on MN in a separate Metro North sub-forum, similar to that which Roads has. At least that way the Infrastructure forum doesnt fill up with a rake of MN threads which might discourage people from starting threads on other projects when all they see if stuff on MN. Also if one particular thread is dormant for a while it will be easier to find within the MN sub-forum, instead of having it slip a page or two down the general Infrastructure forum, and having people posting something in the wrong thread because that thread is the one that has been active in the last two weeks. It would also encourage posters to open threads on other issues relating to MN, instead of thinking they are limited to what threads are already there. The project is big enough to warrant its own sub-forum IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

Rail subforum please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If you are going to have a separate thread for each stop than you should put everything on MN in a separate Metro North sub-forum, similar to that which Roads has. At least that way the Infrastructure forum doesnt fill up with a rake of MN threads which might discourage people from starting threads on other projects when all they see if stuff on MN.

This is a definite possibility and I'll look into establishing it when construction is imminent. MN will be a monumental and historic project and its own forum could well be warranted.
    Also if one particular thread is dormant for a while it will be easier to find within the MN sub-forum, instead of having it slip a page or two down the general Infrastructure forum, and having people posting something in the wrong thread because that thread is the one that has been active in the last two weeks.

I would hope to create a MN index thread where all MN threads would be tagged, just like the index threads here and here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

D.L.R. wrote: »
    Rail subforum please.

This was proposed before and as far as I know a decision is pending. As far as I'm concerned a Metro North forum in its own right would be a runner if the project gets off (or under!) the ground and it would be a sub-forum of infrastructure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement