Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare by night

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

Just searching the forums and google in general and couldn't find what i was looking for so thought I would ask the experts. Does anyone know of anything to do around Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare that's free and doesn't involve a pub. I'm seeing a girl from the UK and for her Birthday she wants a free night out that doesn't involve the pub. SADLY it's getting dark and she finishes at 6 so leaves the options limited.

Anyone know of anywhere with good views that would be interesting and worth a random drive off to ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

When a girl says she wants a free night out, she wants to be wined and dined and do everything fun, she just wants you to pay for it. If you wanna get any, take her out and buy her stuff. Cheaper going to a proffessional in the long run though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

NothingMan wrote: »
    When a girl says she wants a free night out, she wants to be wined and dined and do everything fun, she just wants you to pay for it. If you wanna get any, take her out and buy her stuff. Cheaper going to a proffessional in the long run though.

Professional going outer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

gerzee16 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere with good views that would be interesting and worth a random drive off to ?

Hey OP,
    Don't know if this is what you're looking for but I brought some Americans up to Glendalough at night time not to long ago, it totally blew their minds. It's gorgeous the whole way, gorgeous scenery on the way and amazing once you get there. It would kinda depend on the weather and also if there's a full moon it's even better. Not sure if that was what you were looking for.
    - C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Professional going outer?

I meant more a professional going in her! Wait, what...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

thought this was another larry murphy hate thread...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dollymount strand.

For any number of reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

plenty of fun to be had on Killiney hill after dark...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Phoenix Park by the Papal Cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm sure google will help you find some dogging spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Bring her on the ghost tour bus and a meal in a nice restaurant , or the cinema , if you want to impress her don't show her your a cheapskate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Brittas bay, nice beech. Bring her there, tell her how much she means to you then slip the finger in bum.

If she doesn't object try stick one in hers too

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH -> East

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No more AH-type replies in this forum.
    Serious suggestions for the OP only.

Thanks,

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gerzee16

:pac:
    curlzy wrote: »
    Hey OP,
    Don't know if this is what you're looking for but I brought some Americans up to Glendalough at night time not to long ago, it totally blew their minds. It's gorgeous the whole way, gorgeous scenery on the way and amazing once you get there. It would kinda depend on the weather and also if there's a full moon it's even better. Not sure if that was what you were looking for.
    - C

Thanks Curlzy, I'll check it out. was thinking that might be a good spot. Thanks to everyone else for the jabs...:pac: Although I'm thinking the Popes cross would be idyllic for the deer... and yes I got the "joke"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

If you want good views here are a few:

About 30mins drive from the dublin city center. Excellent view of the whole city at night.
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=dublin&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dublin,+County+Fingal&gl=ie&ll=53.239827,-6.320386&spn=0.001901,0.004823&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.239827,-6.320386&panoid=DZ1E2Avv2TBACXlu_DmFkw&cbp=12,31.15,,0,6.01
    Here's a pic I took a while ago: http://pix.ie/tracingspirals/930061/in/album/340480

Another place I like to visit at night is here:
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=dublin&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dublin,+County+Fingal&gl=ie&ll=53.267499,-6.105649&spn=0.003799,0.009645&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.267499,-6.105649&panoid=qaYJAAVSQdB2FEIwGDpmIQ&cbp=12,184.43,,0,7.01
    Looks nice at night time.

Dollymount beach is another nice place to go at night time.

All not too far away from the city center...

Advertisement