Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

J C wrote: »
    Please reconsider these untrue and unloving words.

... or is the only cultural diversity that you do not tolerate, the diversity of Creation Science?

Yes I am a bigot, a mean nasty bigot whose evolutionary ways force him
    to reject the kind plea's of the noble creation scientist trying to just get
    tenure and make a living doing science in gods name. I pick on the noble
    creation scientist by not allowing him to publish his ground breaking work
    in journals and magazine's across the world for fear it will upset the status
    quo of our left-wing marxist college comfort zone. Diversity is an irrelevant
    concept to an absolutist like me whose one god (Darwin) doesn't allow it,
    sorry, if only there was room but we're too into our power and our comfort
    to allow any room for god. You may envision a day when we'll fall just like
    the christianity oppressors did back around 2000-ish years ago but no,
    we have a new god (Darwin) whose book we read religiously and in which
    no flaws exist, anywhere!

The truth of Creation Science is seeping into their hearts and minds ... and that is why they expend such energy on debate and video to help salve their denial.

I wont allow it, I have all the power on my side and our institutional structure
    is specifically set up to prevent all knowledge of noble creationism.
    Your side will never prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

It doesn't matter whether the motor is postulated as being created in a series of steps or all at once ... it requires an inordinate input of intelligent design. The CFSI is simply too great for non-intelligntly directed processes to produce it.

You sound like an old-style religious zealot who refuses to let his children go to a school other than one that is run by his particular religion.

I must tell you that Creation Scientists have no such sectarian views. We happily work alongside people of all religions and none ... and we also encourage our children to do likewise.

Ah so you can have it both ways!

As for my request for you qualifications and alumni, it has nothing to religious bigotry only educational standards! A supposed scientist - well you do claim to be - who thinks that the evidence against evolution involves sticking a feather in the ground and it not turning into a hen, suggest to me a very poor standard of scientific education, whatever your religious or otherwise beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

King Mob wrote: »

Oh look more weasel words!
    Tell you what, since you're on a role with the whole answering questions honestly for once, why not define these words?

Same rules apply, ignoring the question means you can't answer the question and are too dishonest to admit it.

Aww... JC you where so close to engaging in an actual adult discussion....

But since you chose to ignore the question you are therefore admitting the above.

So how does this gel with your delusions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Yes I am a bigot, a mean nasty bigot whose evolutionary ways force him
    to reject the kind plea's of the noble creation scientist trying to just get
    tenure and make a living doing science in gods name. I pick on the noble
    creation scientist by not allowing him to publish his ground breaking work
    in journals and magazine's across the world for fear it will upset the status
    quo of our left-wing marxist college comfort zone. Diversity is an irrelevant
    concept to an absolutist like me whose one god (Darwin) doesn't allow it,
    sorry, if only there was room but we're too into our power and our comfort
    to allow any room for god. You may envision a day when we'll fall just like
    the christianity oppressors did back around 2000-ish years ago but no,
    we have a new god (Darwin) whose book we read religiously and in which
    no flaws exist, anywhere!
    I wont allow it, I have all the power on my side and our institutional structure
    is specifically set up to prevent all knowledge of noble creationism.
    ... you speak the truth on your position on all of the above.

... however, the Evolutionist basis for all of your bigotry, sectarianism and absolutism is itself untrue.

• Advertisement

Fluffybums wrote: »
    Ah so you can have it both ways!

As for my request for you qualifications and alumni, it has nothing to religious bigotry only educational standards!
    It has everything to do with religious bigotry and sectarianism clothed in pseudo-scientific ramblings.
    The bottom line is that you wish to crassly discriminate against all Creationists ... and like every other bigot before you, you attempt to justify your sectarianism on the basis of 'protecting' the core beliefs of your 'Atheistic Tribe' and their fellow travellers from having their ideas challenged and falsified.

Sectarianism and bigotry are the symptoms of a group whose ideas are dubious and likely to be defeated if challenged ... this is not the behaviour of somebody or some group that is/are confident in the validity of their beliefs/worldview.

.. and Creationists shouldn't have to suffer, just because Atheists and their fellow travellers have grave doubts over the validity of their hypothesis that Abiogenesis/Evolution spontaneously generated Man from muck ... through a combination of chance, selected mistakes and time!!!
    Fluffybums wrote: »
    A supposed scientist - well you do claim to be - who thinks that the evidence against evolution involves sticking a feather in the ground and it not turning into a hen, suggest to me a very poor standard of scientific education, whatever your religious or otherwise beliefs.
    The point that I was making is that there are certain things that will never happen ... no matter how many billions of years that you wait for them to happen. Death will never give rise to life barring intelligent intervention.
    A disgarded feather will never give rise to a hen ... but it is theoretically possible for intelligent intervention to clone a hen from the recovery of the DNA in a feather.

Similarly, abiogenesis is an oxymoron ... with no plausible mechanism for its existence. Things that are dead remain dead ... and life can only give rise to other life ... it's called the Biological Law of Biogenesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Things that are dead remain dead ...

It's not bad enough that he lies about his version of science, he even lies about being a christian! There ya have it, Noah didn't come back to life after 28 days!
    Mind you, seeing as the vatican (the authority for his god on earth) sees creationists as pagans, his true druid beliefs now come to the fore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The bottom line is that you wish to crassly discriminate against all Creationists ... and like every other bigot before you, you attempt to justify your sectarianism on the basis of 'protecting' your 'Atheistic Tribe' and their fellow travellers from having their ideas challenged and falsified.
    It does not constitute "bigotry" to suggest that creationists are, in the main, either liars or fools, since this happens to be the case.

Neither does is constitute "discrimination" to keep their hootin', tootin', crayon-level idiocy out of the schools, the science literature and anywhere else where reason, evidence and clarity should apply, since none of these places are suitable outlets for third-rate lies and tendentious, moronic bullshit. If creationists wish to be treated like real scientists, then they should start behaving like them and try making some contribution to the sum total of human knowledge, and not, as happens at the moment, hang around like drunks milling about the door of the scientific tent, unable to do anything save urinate uncontrollably all over the place.

Finally, as we have to make clear every day or two on this forum to the vast majority of the religious who sincerely believe the opposite, atheists do not have a doctrine or a tribe to protect and only have questions for those who do.

Which is why it would be helpful for you to try to answer some of the questions you've been asked rather than ineptly dodge them, since doing so would help you look like the scientist you claim to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Death will never give rise to life barring intelligent intervention

Which leads to the question, Who created the creator?
    It might also be nice if jc laid out what he does believe about the creation of life the universe and everything.I know he thinks god did it all but I would like to know does he think it happened 6000 years ago or 14 billion years ago?
    Does he think the the bible is a true account of creation or is there some wriggle room in his view.
    I know he will probably reply with some obcure quote from some discredited guy from the 70's but I would like to know his own position if that's possible.

smokingman wrote: »
    It's not bad enough that he lies about his version of science, he even lies about being a christian! There ya have it, Noah didn't come back to life after 28 days!
    Mind you, seeing as the vatican (the authority for his god on earth) sees creationists as pagans, his true druid beliefs now come to the fore.
    Calling a Saved Christian a Pagan is a denial of the Saving power of Jesus Christ and, by implication the fact that He is God.

1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
    but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

... as for the Vatican being an authority here is what Paul had to say about such 'middlemen':-
    1 Timothy 2:5-6
    For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

... all authority is given to Saved Christians at the moment of their Salvation and the only Christian Authority that the Vatican possesses is possessed by whatever Saved Chrisitians are within its walls:-

Matthew 28:18-19
    18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

• Advertisement

1 Timothy 2:5-6
    For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

[/COLOR]

You, yourself have denied the resurrection in black and white up there...
    You are no christian, you're definitely no scientist and hence, you're a pagan.

Originally Posted by J C View Post

robindch wrote: »
    It does not constitute "bigotry" to suggest that creationists are, in the main, either liars or fools, since this happens to be the case.
    ... every Bigot that ever lived has justified his behaviour by appealing to untruths about the objects of his vilification.

The fact that Creation Scientists are neither liars nor fools is attested to by the fact that the Evolutionists on this thread are unable to invalidate the scientific conclusions of Creationists and the Evolutionists are also unable to 'stand up' their fantastic claims about Evolution ... and instead they have resorted to 'school-yard' name-calling.
    The fact that Creation Scientists rank within their number some of the most eminent conventionally qualified scientists that have ever lived, means that they are certainly not fools ... and such statements are yet more 'school-yard name-calling' ... and bullying!!!:(
    Neither does is constitute "discrimination" to keep their hootin', tootin', crayon-level idiocy out of the schools, the science literature and anywhere else where reason, evidence and clarity should apply, since none of these places are suitable outlets for third-rate lies and tendentious, moronic bullshit. If creationists wish to be treated like real scientists, then they should start behaving like them and try making some contribution to the sum total of human knowledge, and not, as happens at the moment, hang around like drunks milling about the door of the scientific tent, unable to do anything save urinate uncontrollably all over the place.
    Many leading working conventional scientists are Creationists and your unfounded caricature is as invalid as every other sectarian caricature down through history.
    Finally, as we have to make clear every day or two on this forum to the vast majority of the religious who sincerely believe the opposite, atheists do not have a doctrine or a tribe to protect and only have questions for those who do.
    I did say Atheists and their fellow travellers. I have no problem with people believing whatever they want in relation to God and the 'origins' question ... it is when they try to impose their invalid beliefs on others that I draw the line ... and especially when they start suggesting that Saved Chrisitians and Orthodox Jews that are Creationists are Pagans/Druids.

I don't care whether you believe in God or not ... but I object to job discrimination on the basis of whether somebody believes that God Created them ... or not.
    Which is why it would be helpful for you to try to answer some of the questions you've been asked rather than ineptly dodge them, since doing so would help you look like the scientist you claim to be.
    There is only one of me and hundreds of ye.
    I have answered as many questions as I have had the time to do so ... the fact that you don't like the answers doesn't mean that I haven't answered these questions.
    ... and I would suggest that you might provide some evidence for abiogenesis or Evolution ... other than things like flies increasing the proportion of green-winged varieties from 1% to 50% of the population ... and possibly speciating as a result!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

THe fact that Creation Scientists are neither liars nor fools
    So then JC why are you making them look like they are?

You, yourself have denied the resurrection in black and white up there...
    You are no christian, you're definitely no scientist and hence, you're a pagan.

I have never denied that Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead. Things that are dead do indeed remain dead ... barring Direct Divine intervention ... which did occur at the resurrection of Jesus Christ ... and also with some of His miracles like Lazarus, the Centurions daughter and the widow's son who were also resurrected from death by Him.

The point that I was making is that Atheists believe in a resurrection of life from death ... but they don't think that God did it.

You may scoff at my faith in Divine Creation/Resurrection ... but at least the hypothesis is logically valid ... because God is theoretically capable of resurrecting/creating life.
    The Atheist hypothesis that life can arise spontaneously from dead things has no logic, even theoretically, to it!!!

I have never denied that Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead. Things that are dead do indeed remain dead ...

You've just done it again, why do you mock the christian god like this?
    Do you not realise that you'll go to an eternal hell for doing this?

Why is it that you believe the creationist agenda without believing in the main tenet of the faith that has been hijacked by your kind? You do know that you can't just pick what you like out of the Bible, twist it into lies and use it for that which it was not meant to be? That is the sign of someone wholly unchristian and someone who will not be saved when the end of days come.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    I have never denied that Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead. Things that are dead do indeed remain dead ... barring Direct Divine intervention ... which did occur at the resurrection of Jesus Christ

smokingman
    You've just done it again, why do you mock the christian god like this?
    Do you not realise that you'll go to an eternal hell for doing this?

Why is it that you believe the creationist agenda without believing in the main tenet of the faith that has been hijacked by your kind? You do know that you can't just pick what you like out of the Bible, twist it into lies and use it for that which it was not meant to be? That is the sign of someone wholly unchristian and someone who will not be saved when the end of days come.
    The main tenet of the Christian Faith is the belief that Jesus Christ has the power to atone for all sin, that He did so at His death ... and that He resurrected bodily from that death.
    I believe in all of these things ... but I cannot prove them scientifically, nor have I ever claimed to do so.

What I do claim is that it can be scientifically and mathematically proven that only an intelligence of Divine proportions Created life.

Your credibility is reduced when you show yourself to be unable to read the plain English that I have written about my position.
    People could also reasonably conclude that you are suffering from similar dyslexia ... when it comes to your Evolutionist pronouncements!!!:pac:

The main tenet of the Christian Faith is the belief that Jesus Christ has the power to atone for all sin, that He did so at His death ... and that He resurrected bodily from that death.

...a death you have stated a few times now that he could not rise again from.

Why do you still call yourself christian when you quite plainly aren't?
    By doing so, you mock the faith and those who are true believers.

...a death you have stated a few times now that he could not rise again from.

Why do you still call yourself christian when you quite plainly aren't?By doing so, you mock the faith and those who are true believers.
    That is pecisely my point ... the only way that death can be resurrected into life is by Direct Divine intervention ... and this happened at Creation and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

... and whatever credibility you had is now destroyed because you have repeatedly shown yourself to be unable to read the plain English that I have written about my position.
    ... and people can now reasonably conclude that you are suffering from similar dyslexia ... when it comes to your Evolutionist pronouncements!!!

Matthew 4:3-11
    3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
    4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'[a]"

5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
    " 'He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[c]"

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

10Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'[d]"

11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That is pecisely my point ... the only way that death can be resurrected into life is by Direct Divine intervention ... and this happened at Creation and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

... and whatever credibility you had is now destroyed because you have repeatedly shown yourself to be unable to read the plain English that I have written about my position.
    ... and people can now reasonably conclude that you are suffering from similar dyslexia ... when it comes to your Evolutionist pronouncements!!!

]Matthew 4:3-11
    5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
    " 'He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

Nobody is asking you to throw yourself off a temple. Eh, well...

Anyway how the devil 'had him' do anything is a tad troubling.

... you speak the truth on your position on all of the above.

... however, the Evolutionist basis for all of your bigotry, sectarianism and absolutism is itself untrue.

• Advertisement

I can't believe we wasted all this time arguing with a pagan sick_smiley.gif

What I do claim is that it can be scientifically and mathematically proven that only an intelligence of Divine proportions Created life.

We have yet to see a single equation, a single scientific paper, a single
    shred of evidence on your part. What brand of paganism appeals to you
    in particular J C?

The point that I was making is that Atheists believe in a resurrection of life from death ... but they don't think that God did it.

You may scoff at my faith in Divine Creation/Resurrection ... but at least the hypothesis is logically valid ... because God is theoretically capable of resurrecting/creating life.
    The Atheist hypothesis that life can arise spontaneously from dead things has no logic, even theoretically, to it!!!

Except for in the Miller Urey experiment and the Jack Szostak experiment
    on abiogenesis ;)

It's great to see assorted Materialists singing about Creationism and making videos about Creationism.

I just look forward to their next efforts ... when, hopefully, they won't misrepresent Creation Science.

The fact that they are taking such an interest in Creationism is a good thing.

It's great to see assorted Materialists singing about Creationism and making videos about Creationism.

I just look forward to their next efforts ... when, hopefully, they won't misrepresent Creation Science.

The fact that they are taking such an interest in Creationism is a good thing.
    shred of evidence on your part.
    What brand of paganism appeals to you
    in particular J C?

Except for in the Miller Urey experiment and the Jack Szostak experiment
    on abiogenesis ;)
    Both of which were Intelligently Designed and controlled ... and neither of which produced any new life.

Both of which were Intelligently Designed and controlled by setting up a materialistic environment that mimicked the early earth by supplying just the most basic requirements in order to be as accurate as possible ... and neither of which produced any new life but formed the precursors to amino acids in a relatively short time, these precursors are the foundational building blocks of amino acids which were self replicating showing how both contemporary life and natural selection could originate via thermodynamics and availability of materialistic material causing competition and thereby giving any organism better adapted to it's environment a natural advantage leading it to be naturally selected to continue reproducing.

FYP

shred of evidence on your part.
    I have presented this mathematical proof ... and all I got were Evolutionists running around in circles and squealing like scalded cats ... but no evidence or substantive argument was presented against my figures or my conclusions.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68206676&postcount=1121

Here is another one :-

If every cubic millimetre of the supposed 93 billion light year diameter Universe volume had a 'machine' running the permutations for a 100 chain protein once every second, they collectively would only produce 1.56E+107 permutations in the 13.9 billion years supposedly since the Big Bang ... which is an infinitesimal fraction of the 1.27E+130 permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein.
    So you can forget about ever producing even one small protein using non-intelligently directed processes ... there is simply not enough time or matter in the universe to do so!!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Nobody is asking you to throw yourself off a temple. Eh, well...

Anyway how the devil 'had him' do anything is a tad troubling.
    The devil asking Jesus to prove that He is God ... when the devil already knew that Jesus was God ... is analogous to SM accusing me of not being a Christian when he knew that my writings indicate that I am.

... and the devil didn't 'have' Jesus do anything ... Jesus allowed Himself to be tempted by the devil to show just how deluded the devil is.
    ... and the devil didn't disappoint ... He actually thought that God would bow down and worship him!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement