Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fault in new Transformer

Options
  • 20-09-2010 10:09pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Trying to contact local Hasbro customer services but no joy. Was in a store in Limerick for he first time and they had a Powerglide Universe Ultra Class and couldn't resist.

However, after fully transforming him, I noticed that he is missing an ear. Someone here has to have a similar experience and the store had only one left.

Can someone post details for customer services?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭sexitoni

Most manufacturers won't entertain a customer in that way (unless you have a warranty with them, which obviously doesn't apply). They'll tell you to go back to point of purchase. If you can't get any joy off them ask them to give you the contact details for their supplier.

Anyway Hasbro Ireland might point you in the right direction...

http://www.hasbro.ie/contact_us.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

At most hasbro are likely to send you an item they deem to be of eauivalent value. they dont usually do parts and since powerglide hasnt been manufactured in a good while they may not have any.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wernstrom! wrote: »
    At most hasbro are likely to send you an item they deem to be of eauivalent value. they dont usually do parts and since powerglide hasnt been manufactured in a good while they may not have any.

lol, just checked the box and the pics show that there is no fault with the model...that's the way it's been designed :rolleyes:

I actually like these Ultea Class Universe toys...anyone know where to get Sunstreaker from this line? One of my favourites as a kid!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Classics (the line's been relaunched with different names a few times) Sunstreaker'd probably have to be ebay'd to be honest if what all the online reviewy people are to be believed.

He's not in the same size class as powerglide either, he's deluxe if my memory serves as opposed to Leader (which is).

My toy knowledge is admittedly quite weak so if someone needs to correct that I won't be offended :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah Sunstreaker is a deluxe (normal sized Transformer, usually cost €15 to buy in shops here). He's packaged under the Universe 2.0 line.
    You'd probably have to pay a bit over the odds now to get him. Ebay isprobably best bet as they don't make him anymore.

$20 on ebay should do it:
    http://toys.shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=universe+sunstreaker&_sacat=220

• Advertisement

You're on a slippery slope.

After Sunstreaker you'll want something else, and then you'll come to the discovery that distribution of TFs in Europe, particularly non-movie TFs, is patchy.

You're on a slippery slope.

After Sunstreaker you'll want something else, and then you'll come to the discovery that distribution of TFs in Europe, particularly non-movie TFs, is patchy.

fiver says it's sideswipe. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Doom hits nail on head :p

Apart from Powerglide, don't have any tranformers except Masterpiece Starscream and Thundercracker. Getting a home office sorted and would like a few of my fav childhood stuff on one of the shelves (also need to get some M.A.S.K stuff!)

The only Sunstreaker I have seen recently was in Argos and looked horribly cheap tbh. Having said that, the one that is advertised on the Powerglide box looks the business! He's there with Onslaught and a few others. It gave the impression that it was the same size model.

I may try and get the alternator Sunstreaker, but it's just not the same!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Doom hits nail on head :p

Apart from Powerglide, don't have any tranformers except Masterpiece Starscream and Thundercracker. Getting a home office sorted and would like a few of my fav childhood stuff on one of the shelves (also need to get some M.A.S.K stuff!)

The only Sunstreaker I have seen recently was in Argos and looked horribly cheap tbh. Having said that, the one that is advertised on the Powerglide box looks the business! He's there with Onslaught and a few others. It gave the impression that it was the same size model.

I may try and get the alternator Sunstreaker, but it's just not the same!

I know he's smaller but most reviewers I've seen are quite fond of the Universe Sunstreaker mold. I'd ebay that if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Despite his relatively small size Sunstreaker is a very nice toy. The Alternatorone, while bigger, isn't as nice a toy IMO. The smaller one looks more like the guy in the cartoon and has better joint movement/posability.

• Advertisement

That mold for Sunstreaker is great. Being a completist I felt compelled to get him, Sideswipe, Red Alert and Punch/Counterpunch

sexitoni wrote: »
    That mold for Sunstreaker is great. Being a completist I felt compelled to get him, Sideswipe, Red Alert and Punch/Counterpunch

Breakdown?

Breakdown?

Yeah him too - have him paid for but not in my possession

Amazing how a yellow one is under $20, but a blue one goes for savage money.

I should learn how to paint plastic

sexitoni wrote: »
    Yeah him too - have him paid for but not in my possession

Kudos: That's completionism.

Advertisement