Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters at Griffith College

Options
  • 25-09-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I have been accepted to do a masters in international commercial law in Griffith College. I am currently doing my training contract to be a solicitor and will be attending PPCII in April 2011. Has anyone done this before and if so was it manageable??

Also I know Griffith has a reputation as not being one of the better colleges with regard to undergraduate courses because it's a private college but does anybody know if the same perception applies for the graduate/masters courses?

Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Check out the accrediting body of your Masters.

At the end of the day, the accrediting body will dictate the prestige of your Masters and the standards on it.

Not all private colleges have a poor reputation. For example one private college (HSI in Limerick) regularly has students gaining first place internationally and nationally in accountancy exams.

Check the accreditation. Also check the syllabus of the masters you are looking at and compare the content with other educational establishments. Don't write off an establishment because it is private.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Meadbdh wrote: »
    Hi, I have been accepted to do a masters in international commercial law in Griffith College. I am currently doing my training contract to be a solicitor and will be attending PPCII in April 2011. Has anyone done this before and if so was it manageable??

Also I know Griffith has a reputation as not being one of the better colleges with regard to undergraduate courses because it's a private college but does anybody know if the same perception applies for the graduate/masters courses?

Please help!
    Griffith used to have a bad reputation and then a few years ago it gained a rather good reputation and was accredited by King's Inns.
    But recently (in the past few years) the general feeling is that standards have slipped there. That being said, the lecturer profile of the postgraduate facility is of a much higher standard than the undergraduate.

Advertisement