Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Showers in front of others after PE

Options
  • 24-09-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

There was some man on 4 live on RTE ONE the other day talking about school bullying he said one type of bullying thats very common is using a camara phone to take a photo of someone in the showers after pe, Wtf? irish schools dont have open showers with no privacy in school what planet was this chap living on? Also why does every rte lifestyle show have tina leonard on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

There is open showers in my school. But we don't have to take one after PE.

I have it last class anyway so I just go home and have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yeah my school had open showers too

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

You've been to every school in Ireland then have ya?! Just because there wasn't in yours doesn't mean it's the same in every school.

We had them in ours but people didn't use them after p.e. Possibly after football games but not that often. Although camera phones weren't common/invented when i was in school

I would presume boarding schools would have them though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

someone looked at me in the showers i think i was abused!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Didn't have them in my school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Don't have any form of showers. I would kill for showers (its at the beginning of the day) :mad: but yeah I can completely see how it would cause huge problems

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Didnt have them in our school either - it's funny how the gays taking the photos arent bullied

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

bluewolf wrote: »

Did they have a letter from the HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yes we had them also.

I think it would be better if PE was the last class of the day the whole time, adleast you could go straight home after class to shower rather than feel sweaty and smelly because you're afraid to shower. Unfortunately there is too many classes and they would clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

We had showers but no one used them, we just used half a can of lynx after PE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Didnt have them in our school either - it's funny how the gays taking the photos arent bullied
    Just cause SOME a them take photos dont mean they should be all bullied:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Amusingly, I've been in places where there are no stalls or curtains around the toilet bowls. You just have four our five guys all sitting down taking care of business in full public view. (Of people in the restroom only, of course)

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Oh Yeh.. And we are suppose to were shorts in them too like football shorts or boxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Amusingly, I've been in places where there are no stalls or curtains around the toilet bowls. You just have four our five guys all sitting down taking care of business in full public view. (Of people in the restroom only, of course)

NTM

Those showrooms can be confusing, it was only after we all finished that we found out none of it was even plumbed in. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Isle

NTM

Where the hell was that!!! Prison?

We had open showers in my secondary but we weren't forced to use them after PE. it was optional. No one ever used the showers except for one girl. But camera phones didn't exist back then in the late 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

in my school no one was allowed use the showers because of **** like this. until in 6th year we got them back, just for 6th years, used to be a handy way for one or two of the "mad Lads" to have a smoke and to get clean.

never seen photos taken, more than likly the guy taking it would get slagged.

but it was just 2 or 3 cutains a few shower heads, curtains can easily be pulled back for a photo. so its not exactly impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bluewolf wrote: »
    Did they have a letter from the HSE?

Once in my school showers somebody stuck their hand through the curtain, cupped my balls, and demanded that I cough.

We had open showers. Wore shorts though. We were forced to do it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

We had open showers, but luckily, no camera phones. I never showered in school anyway because of the high risk of being wet-towel whipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

Isle wrote: »

We had open showers in my secondary but we weren't forced to use them after PE. it was optional. No one ever used the showers except for one girl. But camera phones didn't exist back then in the late 90's.
    Did ye think that girl was strange because she didnt care about getting naked in front of ye?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

We have showers in our school, two or three people use them. No one takes pictures 'cos were not gay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Isle wrote: »

Almost. The Army.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

baz2009 wrote: »
    No one takes pictures 'cos were not gay.

Are you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

We had open showers too, rarely ever used em though cos our PE was last thing on a Friday, so we either didnt bother going at all and just mooched off home or went and I showered back at home.

plus if you did get dressed in there you were guaranteed to be shoved into the shower fully clothed by someone "for the laugh", fool me once!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Had open showers in my school too. Some folk used em but all wore shorts I think.

I personally don't ''get'' open showers, I want privacy dammit!! I can't have a danger **** in an open shower, then again that would be the ultimate danger **** I suppose.

Anyhoo, yeah, open showers are weird. Yes, showering is natural, being naked is natural, but so is sleeping naked, and I wouldn't do that with another dude, so why the fúck would I want to shower with other men?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

The secondary i went to didn't have showers! And triple PE on a friday morning was usually football, or running, or something else to make you sweat. So i used to have a sluice down at the sink in the loo's and i think i was the only one. 60 or so hormonal girls sweating away in kilts and jumpers(because you had to wear he full uniform no matter what the weather was like) made for some very smelly afternoon classes:(
    From 1st year they were collecting money to build a new wing with showers in it, i've left school 13 years now and they're still collecting and the new wing is yet to be built.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Our showers are in plain view with no curtain or anything.

No one uses them though..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

The school I went to didn't even have showers, but even if they did I probably wouldn't have used them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

We had open showers in school but I don't think they had ever been used.

But yeah half a can of lynx and you were sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

We had open showers that used to be freezing, no one ever took pictures though, although its not really an extreme level of bullying anyway I don't think, anyone having a shower was obviously comfortable enough in their own skin anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement