Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can you hear?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 1:48pm

In relation to the thread about hearing bells on a Sunday morning. What can you currently hear wherever you are?

I'm sitting outside my family home so I can hear some Sigur Rós playing over the sound system, with the wind blowing in my ears and the distant blubbering of the river as it moves over the small rapids downstream. There's also the faintest sound of birdsong as they fly overhead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

My two brothers screaming at each other, the tv and plates clattering in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I can hear the sound of two big extractor fans.

I'm in work and the radio is broken. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Pc fans, the voices in my head and the tin foil rubbing my head its all going on in my head I tell ya's !

Chorcai wrote: »
    Pc fans, the voices in my head and the tin foil rubbing my head its all going on in my head I tell ya's !

Well at least with the voices in your head you'll never get lonely. I envy you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just tinnitus and computer fan whirrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can hear commentators on the tv. My brother is watching Man Utd v Liverpool, and I can hear my parents talking in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

The fridge, the radio, about 4 petrol engines and 2 diesels, the hydrolic crane, the electric crane... Way to much tbh but this pays the bills!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Two of my friends in the room speaking German. The hum of our computers. Me typing this.

I should really put on some music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Pc fan, husband snoring and the downstairs neighbour kid running around.

liah wrote: »
    Two of my friends in the room speaking German. The hum of our computers. Me typing this.

I should really put on some music.

It sorta seems like you already have got music all around you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am lying on my bed listening to my headphones, so at the moment I hear the soundtrack for Heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

The sound of my 4year old giving me grief he wants the laptop back to go on some thomas the tank engine site.Id better give in for the peace:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

It sorta seems like you already have got music all around you.

Not sure German is the most musical language ever. :eek:

Especially when they're talking about Machete and breaking out into Arnie impersonations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tinnitus, that's about all really, apart from this typing, as I haven't put my (new) bionic ear/hearing aid in yet. Apart from the tinnitus its quite peaceful.

liah wrote: »
    Not sure German is the most musical language ever. :eek:

Especially when they're talking about Machete and breaking out into Arnie impersonations.

Arnie impersonations can be extremely musical. Get them to sing the soundtrack from "Hello Dolly" as sung by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

It started to drizzle and I had to sit back inside so now I hear the pitter patter of my puppies paws against the tiled floor of our diningroom and her lazy yawns with Sigur Rós still playing in the background.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu684V2lB3Q&feature=related

and traffic outside

ps german is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Traffic, always the traffic. I try to guess what gear each car is in to make it interesting. What an exciting life I lead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I can hear the Utd match.....me typing.....and the usual voices in my head that want me to kill Ray Shah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

My nextdoor neighbors roaring at each other. Their not fighting or anything, its just how they normally communicate.

Noisy bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

The fan in the kitchen isint too loud today so i can hear the clang of the plates hitting the hot pass. The commis' are dying, and so i hear very little out of them because i fúcked them out of it them already this morning.

The waitress' are zooming past the office door (in so far as any of them are fit to zoom on a Sunday).

The pot walloper is singing "Country roads" and i swear to fúck if she misses that high note once more i'll shove the rolling pin up her hole.

There's a match on the telly in the bar, my gut says no goals yet as i havent felt the walls in the office shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the fan on my overheating laptop, and the all ireland, have to keep looking at the screen as dont understand a word of irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This post has been deleted.

thanks, really not how i wanted to hear the score

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I can hear my laptop whirring, and faint sounds of the washing machine coming from the utility room. All terribly exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The Who.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

Cork V Tyrone match

Vegetables boiling over, pots and pans clattering, foul language (OH making dinner, I'll leave him sweat another while)

Thud of rap music, gunshots and women screaming (Grand Theft Auto) above my head

I love Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

the sound if the projector fan whirring. The bing bing if the Luas as it pulls off and some moving around in the upstairs apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

All I can hear is the TV in the background with the GAA matches going on and my computer buzzing. Can't hear things outside of the house very well when inside the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Some Panjabi MC..speakers up fairly loud, I'd be lucky to hear anything else.

Advertisement