Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interpreting a dream

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am new to this. I dream a lot and normally they are straight foward enough but last night I found myself in the following scene:

I found myself in a crypt or very old cellar (like a continental wine cellar with earthen floor) amongst skeletons lying on old stone platforms. I took up a skull and put it in my rucksack and took it home with me.
    i think I later tried to bring it back and put back the bones the way I found them.

what could this mean? I have found different meanings for skull, crypt and bones but not all together.

I would be interested in any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

a disappointing response. maybe it is the wrong forum? dreams are supposed to tell you something and that something I need to know ASAP, but then again maybe its all pure speculation. some of the possile interpretations I read up on bones and skulls were disturbing and I have no idea why I should have dreamt such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭easynote

I do not believe in looking up meanings of different things - it is more the overall meaning and symbolism of the whole situation in the dream that means more in my opinion. Have you taken something that you felt that you should give back or have you disturbed something that you feel you should put right- do you have someone to say sorry to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

easynote wrote: »
    Have you taken something that you felt that you should give back or have you disturbed something that you feel you should put right- do you have someone to say sorry to?

Yep, this would be my question as well.
    Oh and - are you carrying around something on your mind like a secret or burden like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I know it might be a bit late for a response but more often than not the theme of our dreams are influenced by situations we have encountered the previous day or within a relevant time frame, whether its a tv program or general discussion that was had, its like setting up a metaphorical pattern matching programme in our heads.
    The cellar/basement is the metaphorical place you associate with things that you have left in the past, the skeleton represents an issue you had forgotten or closed a door on and the act of picking up the skull is merely the act of you taking hold of the memory again...
    The fact that you placed it back might suggest it was fine where it was, maybe it was just a case that you remembered something the previous day that you had forgotten about or hadn't thought about in a long time.

Advertisement