Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible Road Condition In Lanesbro/Ballyleague

Options
  • 20-04-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

After several road "repairs" and severe ice the road have literally fallen apart and the useless council workers do a worse job trying to fill the pot holes cause the next day a truck or a tractor comes by and rips the whole tarmac apart. and its just gone to this stage where some potholes are the depth of half of a wheel...

is there a rep here or does any one have a email or a number for the person responsible for the road in Longford county?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭baldbear

http://www.longfordcoco.ie/coco_content.aspx?id=9904

Mark Casey is a councillor in the Lanesboro area maybe contact him or report road fault on the top right of the page. Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i actually know him lol... he only got elected recently?

anyway apparently after the sewerage is fixed the road surface is going to be completely resurfaced...but before it gets better its gonna get worse...

ech my car is gonna fall apart before ill see daylight...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Quirky-K

Well thats usually the case with the roads in Lanesboro. The Main Street has four massive holes just outside Larry Leavy's place. It's cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

I'd be surprised if there's any major work carried out on any roads in Longford in the near future... budgets have been slashed across the board so there just aren't enough funds to finance any major renewals.

well ive spoken to Mark Casey he said the road wont be fixed till they finish the sewerage works...

i know the budget has been slashed but that has cost me 2 sub frame bushings and a drop link already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

well ive spoken to Mark Casey he said the road wont be fixed till they finish the sewerage works...

i know the budget has been slashed but that has cost me 2 sub frame bushings and a drop link already

If you've previously made the council aware of the poor condition of the road then you may be able to make a claim for the damage.

ah wouldn't go that far...its not that serious...

though the road conditions are seriously unfit...

it increases the braking distance and concentration on the road since your shaking and wobbling from side to side while driving

Advertisement