Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What restricted breed do you belong too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

how do you ge the pic to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Fluff and The Boss as a baby ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

heres my lady earlier 2day

cookie monster as we call her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

seamus wrote: »
    My savage, Darcey, just after licking, sorry I mean mauling my hand to pieces.

picture.php?albumid=1141&pictureid=6968

"Can I have my dinner please?"

picture.php?albumid=1141&pictureid=6967

sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

Currently I am owned by two Staffies. :D

Ruby
    4792598225_f2285a5c04.jpg

Lillie
    4793266566_e5a699b3bd.jpg
    4793234162_5f6ca70f9d.jpg

They'd certainly kill you ... by licking you to death :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Aww this thread has me trolling through old pics I hadn't looked at in ages, its hard to believe how they change in the first year :)

Brook @ 3 weeks.JPG

First Night Home.JPG

Cleo & Brook 13.02.10.jpg

Brook & Kitty.JPG

Before & After2.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

And of course I can't forgot my girl Daisy, gone but not forgotten x

25.12.93 - 28.08.07

Daisy.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Whos afraid of the big bad wolf. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alabaster

Hi guys

The pictures of your dogs are amazing! Absolutely beautiful animals. I've been reading treads on this forum for ages and have found the advice/discussion so helpful. Seeing this thread about restricted breads however has finally nudged me to register and to post for the first time. We have owned 2 GSD and a doberman. Both GSD passed away a few years ago, but like ye say they were 'vicious' dogs only insofar as they slobbered all over us as often as possible. We couldnt have asked for better, milder mannered pets in the whole world.

Our doberman was only 4 years old a few weeks ago. Like the other two he was nothing but loving and kind and we were always very responsible with him. He had an encaged run, slept in an enclosed shed and was left loose with a radio fence when we were around. We did walk him, but always kept him under control. In our area, which is rural, several other dogs including retreivers, labradors and numerous other big and small dogs roam free, but we were always responsible with our beautiful mild mannered doberman and never let him run with other dogs.

We had him out for a run with us last week when he fell down twice, we thought he was tired. Two days later he completely lost his footing and was disorientated and we rushed him to the vet. We were told that he was poisoned. We asked that everything possible be done to save him no matter the cost, but the following day we had to watch our precious pet being put to sleep as he was in too much pain and could not pull through.

He was poisoned deliberately by a neighbour with anti-freeze or something similar the vet said (I am sure of this but couldnt prove it so cant do anything about it for now), he was literally never left out of our sight until he was put to bed each night, so he had to be poisoned in his bed (there was a small gap at her top of the door). I'm so sorry for such a long post it being my first post, but my husband wants to buy another doberman but I never want to go through what I went through last week again or never want to put another dog through the pain our darling doberman went through. Should we just not get another dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh jesus you poor thing, what sort of evil horrible people are there out there that would hurt your dog like that :mad::(

Give yourself time, dont rush into anything...thoughts are with you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

alabaster, very sorry to hear your story, have had this happen to me but not to the same degree my dog was also poisoned but pulled through the following day. Its possibly the most cowardly way to harm/kill someones dog, i really do hope you find out who done it and report them. As the previous poster said don't rush into anything regarding your new dog, give yourself time to grieve and move on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alabaster

Thank you TillyGirl and Ricardo G

Ricardo G I'm so happy that your poor dog pulled through, you know how hard it is to look at them poisoned, its killing to see...they go through so much that no living thing should go through when they are poisoned..I dont want to repeat here what our little darling suffered but I can put my hand on my heart and say that he did not deserve that cruel, prolonged death any more than me, my husband or daughter did. I know exactly who murdered him, I just cant prove it, we have only only one neighbour capable of this cruelty. We are now in the process of buildong a shed closer to our house to make sure any future dog would be safe, but are we being selfish looking for another dog after what happened. I have to add that we love dogs and although we would love them to be part of our home, would be willing to not have dogs if we cant provide a safe environment for them because of our crazy neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

This is dreadful. If someone did that to my dog I do not think I would be able control myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

alabaster wrote: »
    Should we just not get another dog?

Yes in time, a dog deserves a loving, kind & caring owner like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

This is awful alabaster, I'm so sorry for your loss. but give it time and when you're ready I'm sure you'll be able to give a very lucky dog a great home.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Image021.jpg

P010809_1959.jpg[/IMG]

This is Millie my 3 year old american akita. She's so adorable, wouldn't change her for anything!!!

image_0001Daydreaming-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

My beautiful boy Ogie, a staffie x. He's the best boy and so clever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Alabbaster - what happened to your dog is dreadful. And having to live beside someone capable of such a heinous act must be difficult. There was a thread on boards I came across today, when doing a search, of someone asking what to do about a neighbours barking dog and several posters recommended poisoning it. There's more people need restricting than dogs for sure.

If you do get another dog in time it might be best to get one that's happy to be indoors rather than risk your neighbour getting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Lovely little fella, reminds me of that terrier from "The mask"

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

He's a stunner!!!

And jinxycat I love Millie! Your "day dreaming" pic is absolutely brilliant :D:D I actually lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Daydreaming? :)
    Did Millie find a beetle in the grass? That's what my Huskies do when they try to squash a bug and get the smell on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

Ok so we have one Pitbull Terrier called Boots And 3 Staffordshire Bull Terriers called Socks Pebbles & Bear and here they are >> My little babies :D

The boys Staffy Socks And Pitbull Boots
    august017.jpg

The Girls Staffy Pebbles Staffy Bear
    may2010057.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

koneko wrote: »
    Daydreaming? :)
    Did Millie find a beetle in the grass? That's what my Huskies do when they try to squash a bug and get the smell on them.

No she does that everytime we come home from a walk, i think the muzzle makes her ichy so she does a dive attack and gives it a good scratch when we get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

TaraR wrote: »
    Ok so we have one Pitbull Terrier called Boots And 3 Staffordshire Bull Terriers called Socks Pebbles & Bear and here they are >> My little babies :D

The boys Staffy Socks And Pitbull Boots

The Girls Staffy Pebbles Staffy Bear

TaraR - I think that I met your dogs on an IPBTA walk in the Phoenix Park, I'd recognise Boots and his pointy ears anywhere :) We couldn't stay long as Suzie was not happy at all with her new halti

All your dogs are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sam80

This is our GSD Luna. Just going on a year old now and already the best dog i've ever owned!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Nice one Sam, (s)he's lovely :)

Good to get this thread going again.

Suzie gets tired from all the daily mauling, attacking and general terrorising involved in being a RB

IMG_5752.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sam80

Sorry DBCyc, forgot to say Luna's a she. Your one's gorgeous:)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Ruby on the left and this is Marlowe on the right, a rescue shepherd who will be coming to live with us in a few weeks....I cant wait....two of the most placid, loveable....sorry I meant aggressive, dangerous dogs :D...you could ever meet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Is that Marlowe from Limerick Animal Welfare? He is a magnificent dog:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Narsil wrote: »
    Is that Marlowe from Limerick Animal Welfare? He is a magnificent dog:)

Thats him alright...he is an absolutely STUNNING dog, and so so placid and friendly. We head to Kilfinane at the weekends with Ruby to walk them together to get them used to each other and they got on like a house on fire from the start....I cant wait until we're back from holidays so he can finally come live with us :D

Advertisement