Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skelloggs

krd wrote: »
    I'm not crazy about Duplo.

But I like the rest of the stuff. You Don't have to go anywhere is good. and huggies.

How do you make those? Are you cutting up samples ?

Cheers.

I cut up some samples of John Faheys - "Requiem for john hurt" for you dont have to go anywhere.Huggies is just myself sampling my guitar through grain delay and other effects.Yeah I am starting to dislike duplo aswell, more I listen to it the more faults i hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Thanks a million Rock!

We're super proud of this one.

At this point, it's all just little tweaks to make sure everything is sitting right and nothing is stealing focus from the vocals.

Thanks again man!

Wooooooot!

---

EDIT:

Here's a SLIGHTLY newer version (just more properly "mastered")...

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/open-eyed-dreams-not-even-close-to-being-finished-mix-v2-1

Still a ways away from completion!

Again, kudos on the track. Listened to it a few times now. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Did this last week.
    Really tightly edited drums (slate samples on kick and snare) and Peavey 6505 at deafening volume into mesa oversize cab. Ended up using just a single 57 into API pre for guitars on this.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2133088/01%20Ritualistic%20afflictions.mp3

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Again, kudos on the track. Listened to it a few times now. :cool:

Wow! Thanks so much!

Sincerely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hardware_king

Wow! Thanks so much!

Sincerely!

Possibility of downloading it somewhere? Wouldn't mind it in the car :)

• Advertisement

Possibility of downloading it somewhere? Wouldn't mind it in the car :)

:)

Check your inbox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Welcome to house Noob hell. I'm still there.

You should do more. But use the techniques you've learned from the other stuff you've done, you'll get much better at both.

One thing about house music; it's not as repetitive as it sounds. You're baseline in the track, if you make subtle changes to it from bar to bar - it will be repetitive without being repetitive. You're drums; you can do a lot more with them. Try putting a clap on 2 and 4 and hi-hats in between on 1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3.

I still have a mountain to climb on my stuff, but I'm getting a better idea of what I'm doing.

My latest Noob piece.

http://soundcloud.com/the-noobian-prince/festival-acid-the-noobian-prince

It's not a proper dance track for many reasons - The arrangement mostly (there isn't one). It's a little over loaded, it's cheesy, and fashionable....for 1998.

Here's a link to a new demo.

Rock suggested I post it here, which I didn't really think I should, for a few reasons, but anyway, at his suggestion I will.

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/light-insanity

It's a demo (yes!) for a song called Lights.

The vocals and acoustic were recorded on an iPhone and then I added some bass and some other flourishes in my DAW.

Essentially, this is a structural demo that I fleshed out for fun...

The fleshing out mostly occurs during the instrumental break... you'll know it when you hear it.

As you'll notice if you make it to the end, this song was essentially brand new... so we're still working on the structure, but it'll be done soon...

Anyhoo... forgive the crappiness of the whole thing... if anyone has anything to say about it, please do... though, honestly, this would be the one to attack for sound quality...

In other news, I'll have a Boards/TRT related announcement to make tomorrow... and yes, it's pretty wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Welcome to house Noob hell. I'm still there.

You should do more. But use the techniques you've learned from the other stuff you've done, you'll get much better at both.

One thing about house music; it's not as repetitive as it sounds. You're baseline in the track, if you make subtle changes to it from bar to bar - it will be repetitive without being repetitive. You're drums; you can do a lot more with them. Try putting a clap on 2 and 4 and hi-hats in between on 1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3.

I still have a mountain to climb on my stuff, but I'm getting a better idea of what I'm doing.

My latest Noob piece.

http://soundcloud.com/the-noobian-prince/festival-acid-the-noobian-prince

It's not a proper dance track for many reasons - The arrangement mostly (there isn't one). It's a little over loaded, it's cheesy, and fashionable....for 1998.

What year is this? :D

Thanks KRD for having a listen and advising. It is a lot more complicated than it first appears.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out at some point in the future, 2002 maybe:D

Cheers.

Here's a link to a new demo.

Rock suggested I post it here, which I didn't really think I should, for a few reasons, but anyway, at his suggestion I will.

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/light-insanity

It's a demo (yes!) for a song called Lights.

The vocals and acoustic were recorded on an iPhone and then I added some bass and some other flourishes in my DAW.

Essentially, this is a structural demo that I fleshed out for fun...

The fleshing out mostly occurs during the instrumental break... you'll know it when you hear it.

As you'll notice if you make it to the end, this song was essentially brand new... so we're still working on the structure, but it'll be done soon...

Anyhoo... forgive the crappiness of the whole thing... if anyone has anything to say about it, please do... though, honestly, this would be the one to attack for sound quality...

I heard it when you posted it on twitter - yesterdays news.

I really like it. Apart from the FFFups some of the vocals sound much more natural and relaxed than the heavy studio work. Your singer (who I can never remember her name - Eileen? - her delivery sounds much more "soulful" - or realer)

In other news, I'll have a Boards/TRT related announcement to make tomorrow... and yes, it's pretty wild.

You've decided on that operation and the "he" in you will become the "she"?

You've been offered a deal from a major Japanese label?

I heard it when you posted it on twitter - yesterdays news.

I really like it. Apart from the FFFups some of the vocals sound much more natural and relaxed than the heavy studio work. Your singer (who I can never remember her name - Eileen? - her delivery sounds much more "soulful" - or realer)

Elaine... yes, those FKups... shame, but we were just happy to remember all the changes... and you, you're up on my Tweets... sweets!
    You've decided on that operation and the "he" in you will become the "she"?

You've been offered a deal from a major Japanese label?

You're sooooo close!

Actually, YOU may already know...shhhhhhh...

Glad you like the new song! Thanks!

I don't recall that conversation Chris:D

I'm sure I used the word "DON'T" at least ten times:D But maybe that was something else.

Anyway, yes this is an excellent tune. It shows how versatile you guys are. Not just in terms of song type but also in uses of modern technology:D

3 smiley faces in one post, not good.

Best of luck with the operation Chris"tine":D

I don't recall that conversation Chris:D

I'm sure I used the word "DON'T" at least ten times:D But maybe that was something else.

Anyway, yes this is an excellent tune. It shows how versatile you guys are. Not just in terms of song type but also in uses of modern technology:D

3 smiley faces in one post, not good.

Best of luck with the operation Chris"tine":D

hahahaha... we're gonna be the Indigo Grrls before you know it!

;)

Wait until you hear the NEXT song....

You're sooooo close!

Actually, YOU may already know...shhhhhhh...

Glad you like the new song! Thanks!

Milan, I hope at the very least I get a bag carrying gig out of this

Or

I might just have to orientalise the faces of the members of the riot tapes, as may have been requested. You won't feel a thing - a little botox, a little cuprinol - the effects wear off over a few months - or years- 40 - 60 years.

Milan, sloooooooooow theeeeeeeee fuuuuuuuuuck down

There is nothing in the Riot tapes catalogue equivalent to this Indigo girls track.
    please

Get a grip

Milan, I hope at the very least I get a bag carrying gig out of this

Or

I might just have to orientalise the faces of the members of the riot tapes, as may have been requested. You won't feel a thing - a little botox, a little cuprinol - the effects wear off over a few months - or years- 40 - 60 years.

mwaaaaaaaa

And hey, wait til you hear our new mash-up cover of Closer to the Heart and Closer to Fine.

IT'S AWESOME.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Hi folks. We've finally finished off a batch of 10 songs we've been working on for a while. I’ve posted earlier versions of some tracks here before & got some great feedback. These are the final versions. Production wise, we know they’re not perfect, but we wanted to draw a line under these tracks as we’ve a heap more to work on.

http://soundcloud.com/the-brouhaha/sets/project-2010

We’re not a gigging band. I suppose we’d consider ourselves more of a 3 piece song writing team who’ve been muddling our way through home recording for the past couple of years. We’ve have mortgages, kids & day jobs etc. Ideally we’d love to get a publishing deal with an established artist who would record & release our stuff. So, think of these tracks as demos.

Anyway, would appreciate if anybody wants to have a listen. Feel free to comment either here or on Soundcloud. Good, bad or indifferent, any feedback is appreciated.

Thx to Rockshamrover for suggesting Soundcloud for hosting the tracks – great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

Hey guys

bit of shameless shilling/self promotion going on here but i presume its ok in this thread, and seeing as im a semi-regular:)

new single out today from my band Huey and the Hobgoblins
    Its called Mood Elevator and you can have a listen here:

If you like it you can download it by texting "music 6141" to 57501 and then downloading it from www.downloadmusic.ie. Texts cost a €1

Cheers folks!

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

I did a reworked version of this. Click on the link above.

Better than the original (but not much:D)

Hi folks,

I did a reworked version of this. Click on the link above.

Better than the original (but not much:D)

That's a huge improvement on the original... that's a great track & sounds much more professional than the previous version.

The intro is really mellow & the step up at 0:15 is spot on on - not what I was expecting at all.

I the guitar works really well. Now there's lots of variety (both rhythmically & the chords progression) in the music as the track progresses. Dance purists would probably say too much variety... but for me this is a great mix of pop and dance.

For me the piano sound is a tad lifeless - I'd probably pick a patch with that wasn't so flat sounding (just a personal thing). Only other thing I'd call out is that there's probably too much handclapping going on.

I love those snare breaks you have in there (the one with all the reverb @ 2:14 & 2:58).

Nice track overall - a really big improvement. Fair play.

Cheers Yoda,

Thanks for the positive feedback. The clap thing has come up a few times as has the piano so I'll have to try again:D

I'm glad you like the snare breaks at the end, I really like these myself and know one else has commented on them.

Rock.

Cheers Yoda,

Thanks for the positive feedback. The clap thing has come up a few times as has the piano so I'll have to try again:D

I'm glad you like the snare breaks at the end, I really like these myself and know one else has commented on them.

Rock.

I dunno about trying again – the track sounds great as it is. The piano sound & handclaps are just a personal preference.

We've just posted another track (Wide Eyed bright Boy) on Soundcloud. It wasn't quite finished last week when we posted the other 10. We've 11 tracks up there now (we call them Project 2010)... they started life as us trying to do the "record an album in a month" challenge back in Feb. It took us a bit longer than expected, but we got there in the end.

Would appreciate any feedback from folks.
    The Brouhaha - Project 2010

We’re just starting work on another batch of songs now, so I’ll post those up as we start to getting them together

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    I dunno about trying again – the track sounds great as it is. The piano sound & handclaps are just a personal preference.

Cheers Yoda.

I sent you something on Soundcloud about your new track. Very nice.

This is prolly just for Rock, but a few of you may like it..

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/the-riot-tapes-lights-live-demo-silly-version

This is a version of that new song called Lights.

I took the, "it sounds like a live bootleg" thing a bit far, but some seem to prefer it...?

The middle eight is a bit better though... More Christmas-y.

Anyway, feel free to ignore it. Though feedback is obviously welcome!

And Rock, I hope you saw my comments and suggestions on the new ver. I basically like it a lot, in summary.

@ZV Yoda

I'll check those new tunes a bit later - sounds like they're good!

This is prolly just for Rock, but a few of you may like it..

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/the-riot-tapes-lights-live-demo-silly-version

This is a version of that new song called Lights.

I took the, "it sounds like a live bootleg" thing a bit far, but some seem to prefer it...?

The middle eight is a bit better though... More Christmas-y.

Anyway, feel free to ignore it. Though feedback is obviously welcome!

And Rock, I hope you saw my comments and suggestions on the new ver. I basically like it a lot, in summary.

@ZV Yoda

I'll check those new tunes a bit later - sounds like they're good!

Thanks Chris,

I just posted you a PM on Soundcloud. Lovely song.

Thanks Chris,

I just posted you a PM on Soundcloud. Lovely song.

ahh... thanks man... thought you might like the new Christmas-y version...

and yeah, trying to get me to sing of the cuff a capella ain't a great idea... still, I think you can hear the idea. ;)

• Advertisement

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    We've just posted another track (Wide Eyed bright Boy) on Soundcloud. It wasn't quite finished last week when we posted the other 10. We've 11 tracks up there now (we call them Project 2010)... they started life as us trying to do the "record an album in a month" challenge back in Feb. It took us a bit longer than expected, but we got there in the end.

Would appreciate any feedback from folks.
    The Brouhaha - Project 2010

We’re just starting work on another batch of songs now, so I’ll post those up as we start to getting them together

Been a while since I listened to Pictureland... ;) Hello old friend.

Overall this project has come together quite nicely... has it been mastered at all?

I'd def like to hear it all a bit more compressed... just a touch...

I like "Words"... wish the sorta arpy synth was a bit more dominant in the mix... but I understand why it's not.

drums sound nice!

oohh.. I like the more upfront vocal sound on Easy... actually very much like that song... the production seems a bit bigger, which I like...

Actually... it's a bit odd... seems like the older tunes (to me) have a more airy vocal sound..?

I think I prefer the more upfront sound... just my two cents.

And hey I like everything about WEBB except the sound of distorted guitar... I think a more raw sound would suite it... but that's just me!!!

Overall a very impressive effort, good job!

Advertisement