Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So what edition are you buying?

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

So with a lot of people taljing about what edition they are going to be buying. with the CE looking to be roughly 90-100 euro in certain areas and the SE to be around 45-55 euro.

CE contains:
    media?id=3803279

-- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game

-- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War(R) expansion set

-- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more

-- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks

-- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series

-- A World of Warcraft(R) mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account

-- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit

HMV have it set the SE at €45

I'm thinking hard at getting the CE, My friend working in a game store says he can hold one for me for only a day if I want to buy one. With playing WoW I'll get the cool Thor companion pet and the USB dog tags with the original game and expansion is really tipping me over on getting it.

So I ask you, what are you going to buy?

What edition will you buy? 7 votes

Collector's Edition
    0% 0 votes
    Standard Edition
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

I've pre-ordered the standard edition, but I might wander into town on the release day to see if I can pick up the Collector's Edition as well. Been really looking forward to this game. The Beta was great fun, can't wait for the single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Probably just going digital. I'm off work on the release day so not mad about traveling into town when I can preload beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Standard for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Didn't vote because I still can't decide. If they have any CEs in stock when I go in, I'll grab one. Otherwise I'm happy to just have the game. I can't see myself playing the soundtrack for a few hours whilst watching developer interviews.

If you stamp "collector" or "limited" next to "edition" on anything, I'll probably buy it. It's a weakness.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Standard although the SE would be nice if I saw it for around the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Gonna go for standard edition myself, would be interested in the music CD but I don't really fancy paying that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Standard for sure (Digital Download); considering a Collectors edition to be saved, unopened for future resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

If you stamp "collector" or "limited" next to "edition" on anything, I'll probably buy it. It's a weakness.

My friend has that exact weakness.

Age of Conan CE
    Aion CE
    Warhammer CE
    final fantasy CE
    WoW CE(and all expansions)
    Think he has a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Ooh, WoW pet, shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Ooh, WoW pet, shiny!
    If I played Wow I could see mself getting the CE just for this.

Not sure if I am reading it right....those the CE allow you to field a 'unique' Thor unit? Is this just a graphics tweak? Is it avail in MP?

I remember Empire TW gave a unique unit with their CE too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dacian wrote: »
    If I played Wow I could see mself getting the CE just for this.

Not sure if I am reading it right....those the CE allow you to field a 'unique' Thor unit? Is this just a graphics tweak? Is it avail in MP?

I remember Empire TW gave a unique unit with their CE too.

Different decal I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The only thing holding me back is knowing if I buy one collectors edition, I will have to buy all 3.

Advertisement