Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIS for the less technically minded

Options
  • 05-07-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

I thought I would make a thread here to promote this site which has made my work a lot easier http://pro.scribblemaps.com. Basically it has taken mapping from various sites: ESRI, Google Earth, Openstreetmap and allows you to easily change between them. You can draw measured polygon, do placemarks, make legends, overlay images and export your data into KML and save as JPEGS(High quality). I am using it for mapping sports sites and it is excellent. It wont meet the demands of high end gis users but some people may find it useful. you need to register to make full use of the features.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Looks interesting. Going to try drawing a few things and exporting them to Arc to see how it works out.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 james105

This looks very interesting.I teach Geography and can see it's potential. Thanks for the link

Advertisement