Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Teacher Wanted

Options
  • 07-07-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if there are any guitar teachers around the west that can teach electric guitar.

I've been playing for a few years, but never known how to go about learning solo's, so i've been doing rhythm for the whole time.

Could anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are a few sites if you google, here is one www.galwayguitarschool.com

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Legaeldan

biko wrote: »
    There are a few sites if you google, here is one www.galwayguitarschool.com

Hi Biko,

Only problem is I work during the day, so I wouldn't really be able to do any schooling. I'd only really be able to do 1 on 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

# Lessons are held in Lower Salthill, Galway
    # Courses involve 5 lessons, one a week for 5 weeks
    # The number of people on each course ranges from 2 - 6 (max.)
    # The length of each lesson depends on the number in the group though lessons are typically an hour long.
    # Everyone at the same level starting course.
    # Daytime as well as evening classes available
    # One to one lessons possible depending on availability
    # The cost of each course is 100 Euro
    # Immediate results are guaranteed or your money back
    # References available
    Ring and ask, I'm sure they can accommodate.

Otherwise there are plenty of schools, one of them is bound to have evening classes that suit. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Legaeldan

I'll give it a try and see what happens. It's a bit far, but if it gets the job done, what can I say. :D

I should've mentioned i'm out in charlestown, Co. Mayo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

I would recommend Kevin McNicholas, if he could teach me then he can teach anyone! He does lessons in Tuam and Castlebar so one of those might be handy for you. He also does Oranmore and Galway. I just finished the 10 week beginner's course in Tuam and after 20 years of frustration I can actually play a few real songs now.

http://www.guitar-made-easy.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement