Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dyno Day - 26th june - Urban performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antokwon

draffodx wrote: »
    Thanks for having us, was impressed with the dyno dynamics and was a well run setup, hopefully we can get another day organised with more cars in the future :D

Welcome along :)

thanks mate, just said id see what all the fuss was about and get involved ha :D, was a great day on the dyno even tho i was worse for wear after my birthday party te night before haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

antokwon wrote: »
    hey the red prelude is mine :) any chance in seeing the video???

Hey, welcome to forums. No problem, i'll try and get it up by Friday evening and i'll post it on here.

Hey, welcome to forums. No problem, i'll try and get it up by Friday evening and i'll post it on here.

thanks a million mate :) hope everyone was happy with the figures!!! we got a good turn out for the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Hi Guys

firstly thank you all for attending on saturday,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

thanks a million mate :) hope everyone was happy with the figures!!! we got a good turn out for the day!

did i pass you on the m50 yesterday heading northbound near the firhouse exit? around 7pm?

• Advertisement

ottostreet wrote: »
    did i pass you on the m50 yesterday heading northbound near the firhouse exit? around 7pm?

yeah was on it about that time what u driving?!?

yeah was on it about that time what u driving?!?

a silver mitsubishi fto.

passed by ya and thought the prelude looked very familiar...then i realised it was from the pics of the dyno day!

a silver mitsubishi fto.

passed by ya and thought the prelude looked very familiar...then i realised it was from the pics of the dyno day!

small world i remember the fto ha, nice car!

Here's the Prelude:

I have more of it, i'll try and get them uploaded over the next few days.

I have Eireals Type R uploaded too, but its on private until he says its ok/not ok to post it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I have Eireals Type R uploaded too, but its on private until he says its ok/not ok to post it. :)

Fire away with it dude!

• Advertisement

I have more of that too, i'll see about uploading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

was there only fwd cars done or rwd too?

organise another one, i hadnt got a car to bring down but i should have the chaser in a few weeks :D and i have a nicely setup eg at the moment too would be interested to see what they both make

rob

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Go back a page or two, the 850 was rwd and there was a supra done too!

Here's the Prelude:

I have more of it, i'll try and get them uploaded over the next few days.

Great video man thanks a mil!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Go back a page or two, the 850 was rwd and there was a supra done too!

And a 7 series!

draffodx wrote: »
    And a 7 series!

My bad, and also a 7 series!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I'd do another one again anyways, I've a catback waiting to go on the car and will most likely bang on an induction kit too so wouldn't mind seeing if there's gains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 philly.dang

Nah, I know the guy that use to own it though.

He was adamant it was a Type R, when in fact it's just an SiR and that colour is resprayed simply cos it's a crash and repair :D

The bay is still white also!

it was a type r if it was an sir how could it have a dc2 type r on the vin tag and matching chassis code on the book explain nick and who told u it was crashed and repaired?? coz i never crashed and repaired it either did the previous owner, i gave yur man that owns it now the receipt for the spray job and he can feel free to ring him and ask if he did any repairs on it!! jelousy will get ya no were

it was a type r if it was an sir how could it have a dc2 type r on the vin tag and matching chassis code on the book explain nick and who told u it was crashed and repaired?? coz i never crashed and repaired it either did the previous owner, i gave yur man that owns it now the receipt for the spray job and he can feel free to ring him and ask if he did any repairs on it!! jelousy will get ya no were

coming up as DC2 SIR on mywheels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

cleared as sir wen imported man simple as

loads of ppl clear vti's as ILS, sir's as esi
    its all for the insurance reasons,
    vin is all dat matters

• Advertisement

pablosd wrote: »
    cleared as sir wen imported man simple as

loads of ppl clear vti's as ILS, sir's as esi
    its all for the insurance reasons,
    vin is all dat matters

so theyre all uninsured? wouldnt fancy that myself!

so theyre all uninsured? wouldnt fancy that myself!

no, its more of a loop-hole in the system

u insure ur car, whatever it is down as on the log,
    some ppl are lucky dat their car was cleared by revenue as lower insurance class model.... as long as the chassis number/engine numbers match, ur ok...

no, its more of a loop-hole in the system

u insure ur car, whatever it is down as on the log,
    some ppl are lucky dat their car was cleared by revenue as lower insurance class model.... as long as the chassis number/engine numbers match, ur ok...

This is interesting, I don't get this! I've got an FTO GPX, the VIN and chassis plates will show that its a GPX, its cleared as a GPX, and when NCT check the plates, it will be a GPX.

So say this Integra Type R (which is cleared and declared as an SIR), is crashed, and an assessor comes to view it, and sees that the VIN & chassis codes say its a Type R, wouldnt that put the owner up the swanee?

Also, how does it get through the NCT with mismatching plates to whats on the book? A simple look at the code can generally tell you what the car is easily!

So say this Integra Type R (which is cleared and declared as an SIR), is crashed, and an assessor comes to view it, and sees that the VIN & chassis codes say its a Type R, wouldnt that put the owner up the swanee?

Yes, if the car is a Type R and isn't insured as one then the owner has no insurance, it doesn't matter what's on the log book.

This is interesting, I don't get this! I've got an FTO GPX, the VIN and chassis plates will show that its a GPX, its cleared as a GPX, and when NCT check the plates, it will be a GPX.

Also, how does it get through the NCT with mismatching plates to whats on the book? A simple look at the code can generally tell you what the car is easily!

dont know how it works, but my old teg was down on the log book as ''integra dc2'' full stop ,(didnt say whether sir or itr) why? its said type r on vin plate? my civic is down on the log as EG9, doesnt say sir or vti? (says clearly SIR on vin)
    there is many more examples like dat around the country, wen u go to revenue i suppose dey only check paperwork, dont check the car(dats da way i cleared passat years ago) ,
    taking into consideration revenue reading jap loogbook translated dey only get the first chassis bit no. in dis case DC2? so its up to you to tell dem further wat it is...?

dont know how it works, but my old teg was down on the log book as ''integra dc2'' full stop ,(didnt say whether sir or itr) why? its said type r on vin plate? my civic is down on the log as EG9, doesnt say sir or vti? (says clearly SIR on vin)
    there is many more examples like dat around the country, wen u go to revenue i suppose dey only check paperwork, dont check the car(dats da way i cleared passat years ago) ,
    taking into consideration revenue reading jap loogbook translated dey only get the first chassis bit no. in dis case DC2? so its up to you to tell dem further wat it is...?
    Doesn't the car have a black rocker cover? I thought I saw the bonnet up that day, and also, why get it painted that colour? Or was it that colour when you bought it? Type R's never came from the factory in that colour

And just had a look at my log book there, it says mine is a Honda Integra 1.8 Type R

• Registered Users Posts: 3 asti

Colt/Mirage/Lancer/Cyborg/Asti it's all very, very confusing.
    My mate had a MIVEC one when we were 18, I was so jealous of him at the time.
    :eek: say this said id clear this up there all mirages except the lancer the cyborg is mivec mirage is the jdm version of the colt ie a cyborg mirage

goes like this

cyborg rx zr rs(light weight)
    lancer md 1 other model
    asti rx rx version r zr rs

there 3 different cars with 3 different models

no such thing as a colt mivec unless its a convertion hope that helps:D

asti wrote: »
    :eek: say this said id clear this up there all mirages except the lancer the cyborg is mivec mirage is the jdm version of the colt ie a cyborg mirage

goes like this

cyborg rx zr rs(light weight)
    lancer md 1 other model
    asti rx rx version r zr rs

there 3 different cars with 3 different models

no such thing as a colt mivec unless its a convertion hope that helps:D
    That was useless without pics or links! Help us out a bit more please :)

What has what it says on the log book got to do with anything anyway?

Its not up to you whether to tell your insurance company what your car actually is, you have to be up front and honest about it, its not a choice.

If your not you dont have insurance, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm going on what mywheels and cartell say :rolleyes:

Also, can't remember who told me, I asked somebody about the paint and they said they thought it was crashed and repaired.

Jealousy me hole :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement