Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm one of those weirdos who isn't the biggest fan of old school action movies - I like Predator, but it isn't really anything special IMO [cowers in corner]

Wanted: One Film Moderator.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

KerranJast wrote: »
    AvP's main problem was complete ignoring the premise on which its based which was bad assed Space Marines like the ones from Cameron's "Aliens" dumped in the middle of the two species.

Hell if they'd just copied the plot from the AvP2 Marine campaign (the 2001 PC game) the film would have been sooooo much better.

Exactly... I liked both films as generally i like that stuff but "Aliens" in the middle of AVP would have been awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Get your ass over here if you guys wanna check out a big gallery of pics from the movie.

Loads of the different types of Predators themselves!

http://filmz.ru/photos/44010/full/

EDIT: just in case I'll say SPOILER ALERT so I won't hear any whinging back over this :pac: (There's nothing too revealing here)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Get your ass over here if you guys wanna check out a big gallery of pics from the movie.

Loads of the different types of Predators themselves!

http://filmz.ru/photos/44010/full/

Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Is it just me or does anyone else find the fact that the director is called Nimrod hilarious?

Nimrod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

http://filmz.ru/photos/44023/full/#

You can see the little bit of mesh for the actor to breathe through at the back of the throat!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is it just me or are the Predators a lot cooler/more intimidating with their masks on?

Frisbee wrote: »

You can see the little bit of mesh for the actor to breathe through at the back of the throat!

Da-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm............ They better nudge that out somehow...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Da-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm............ They better nudge that out somehow...

Ah, a lot of these Predator pics look like they do because of the lighting. Any visible signs of the mesh will be hidden or CGI-ed out.

But now that I see it I'll probably be looking for it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Only ever seen Predator is 2 worth the watch anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

KerranJast wrote: »
    Hell if they'd just copied the plot from the AvP2 Marine campaign (the 2001 PC game) the film would have been sooooo much better.

I nearly soiled myself so many times playing as the marine.:cool:

That was one seriously cool, atmospheric game. Turn off the lights, turn up the sound, it was like actually being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Frisbee wrote: »

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Ah, a lot of these Predator pics look like they do because of the lighting. Any visible signs of the mesh will be hidden or CGI-ed out.

But now that I see it I'll probably be looking for it :pac:

These are production shots, not movie stills. The film won't look anything like that. All the visuals need to be sorted

LZ5by5 wrote: »

New Breed of Predator I believe. But Female could be on the money too....I read somewhere that there was a new breed in the film anyways.

And I agree with the poster above somewhere, the Preds look way better with the masks on.

I think Predator 2 is well worth the watch, not as good as 1, but still a good watch.

Avoid AVP!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Seriously I laughed when I should have despaired. What's next? An Alien reboot? Then Alien -v- Predator reboot?:pac::pac::pac:

Another example of unimaginative and unoriginal Hollywood writers and studios.

you...can see...THE FUTURE!:eek:

Heh, never would have guessed that Ridley Scott would be the one trying to save the sinking ship though. Kind of like how I never expect Cameron to step up and save the sinking ship that is the Terminator franchise.

Jeez.

The guy that is playing the Predator is freaky enough looking without makeup!

derek-mears_new-jason.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just saw the trailer on YouTube for this now and I have to say it looks pretty good!

Yes lots of spoilers, but I never remember these things anyway! :p

Looks like it could be a worthy Predator 3 (just ignore the AVP stuff as everyone else has said).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

%5B342%5Dnegative%20bear.jpg

Trailer #2 is out now, looking tasty!

• Advertisement

Looks good. Very spoilery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It actually does look good but I can't understand why they are showing so many deaths. We all know the majority if not all of them will die but seriously now we know when to expect it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

GodDAMNIT, why? Why spoil your movie so completely like that? Down to who gets killed / who doesn't, what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

From the above comments I feel vindicated in my decision not to watch it :)

I'm allowing myself to be cautiously optimistic, though I'm going to try not to let the fanboy in me get too excited for fear of a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Terry Crews would make the best Mac.............chasing after Predator doing the robot!!!

Weird Al Yankovic to star as Hawkings haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Jeez.

The guy that is playing the Predator is freaky enough looking without makeup!

derek-mears_new-jason.jpg

He played Jason in the Friday the 13th remake released last year.

I'd say he'll make a good (sexual) Predator

I believe he had a small role in Magruber too, he's reaching lofty heights. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

I hope this is okay to post here (seems like the right thread :P), Ill be spreading the word a bit more but myself and 4 of my friends will be suiting up in Predator costumes (not the cheap ones mind you) for the premier on the 8th of July and 9th (maybe other dates, not too sure yet) to promote the film at Cineworld on Parnell St.

We will be there to raise a bit of money for Crumlins Childrens Hospital and to promote the film aswell as for a bit of craic...so pop along..get your photo taken with a pred and see the new film!

Below is the quality of costumes we will be wearing
    P7250410.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^^ - WOW.

Advertisement