Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JJ-Verse novels?

• 22-06-2010 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Was thinking about this last night, are there any novels out now or recently that are set in the JJ-verse? There might be fan fiction as well.

Enlighten me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the what:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

The
    alternate universe established in ST: XI as a result of Spock Prime and Nero

The
    alternate universe established in ST: XI as a result of Spock Prime and Nero

oh, that rubbish

*wanders off out of thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Thanks for nothing.

your welcome. :)

google

"memory alpha" for all canon star trek items
    "memory beta" for non canon stuff - a lot of the books fall into this category

if there is anything you'll find reference to it here, basically Star trek wiki.

There is definitely a back story as to how and why Spock appears in the universe, its part of the detailed buildup to Star Trek Online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CSaber

There were four novels due out this summer set in the JJ-verse. They were written by Christopher L. Bennett, David Mack, Greg Cox and Alan Dean Foster. The novels were written, and at least one reached the copy-edit stage.

However a few months ago it was announced they were all on indefinite hold, until at least the sequel is out in the cinema. It appears they want the movies to chart the future of this new timeline for at least the next while.

There are two 'young adult' books due out next year set during nuKirk's time in the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I'd like to read books about Captain Robert April and the first Enterprise. Diane Carey wrote two great ones and they could be squeezed in. I'm a little hazy on the exact chronology of old timeline and new timeline, but I'm sure it could be done. And there's no reason to say April didn;t command an Enterprise before the iShip was built (that's my little Apple jibe there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I'd like to read books about Captain Robert April and the first Enterprise. Diane Carey wrote two great ones and they could be squeezed in. I'm a little hazy on the exact chronology of old timeline and new timeline, but I'm sure it could be done. And there's no reason to say April didn;t command an Enterprise before the iShip was built (that's my little Apple jibe there).

That is a bit of a stretch, even for this Trek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

That is a bit of a stretch, even for this Trek

According to Memory Alpha, he commanded the ship from 2245 to 2250. It could still be Constitution-class, but more to the level of Star Trek V/VI tech, due to the tieline tangent and technology upgrades.

You could even do a series of books, ending with the destruction of the Constitution-class Enterprise, and the naming of the newest ship being built in Iowa as Enterprise. Have Pike as XO (instead of George Kirk in the Carey novels). It would work quite easily!

Trek 2.0 claims Kirk and co join the Enterprise on 2258. So it gives plenty of lee-way.

Advertisement