Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dyno Day - 26th june - Urban performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

tossy wrote: »
    Car parts are designed to be stressed to the limits that is what margins of error are for,i've probabyl had my car on the dyno 5 or 6 times no hassles,i know of one car that has had 67 dyno runs!!

I just know from experience (a €1,600 experience!) :eek::eek:
    Car was kept in perfect working order and on a dyno run the oil pump failed badly. Luckily Joe had only begun bringing her up to speed on its 4th run so was able to cut it off without causing more damage. If I was on the M1 when that happened it'd be a lot worse.
    The point I'm making is that you can keep your car in perfect working order but you can't do anything about manufacturing faults, which was what happpened in my case.

On the point of car parts are designed to be stressed to their limits, well no they're not. They are designed to perform within their limits. I work as an Engineer in manufacturing and did a Masters in FEA...basically designing components and analysing components for failure, so I'm not talking BS.
    You are right in saying there are margins of error, but margins of error are for the manufacturing process. I think you mean components have limits and those limits are conservative. Anyway thats just semantics.

BTW I will be getting the remap done and will be on that dyno again ;) I just think people should know there is a risk involved, not just trying to argue with you tossy ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thats why you sign a dissclaimer form before your car is put on the dyno,that you know that the car is mechanicly sound,and that accept that if the cars fails on the dyno,then its not the mappers fault.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

lafors wrote: »
    I just know from experience (a €1,600 experience!) :eek::eek:
    Car was kept in perfect working order and on a dyno run the oil pump failed badly. Luckily Joe had only begun bringing her up to speed on its 4th run so was able to cut it off without causing more damage. If I was on the M1 when that happened it'd be a lot worse.

You said it yourself,that part was going to fail sometime even if your car was never near a rolling road!

tossy wrote: »
    You said it yourself,that part was going to fail sometime even if your car was never near a rolling road!

True enough, it was going to happen sometime.
    I wasn't going to be running at full pelt on the M1 like it was on the dyno though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

1)Voodoomelon + 1
    2)Onkle
    3)Draffodx
    4)Eireal + 1
    5)mattsimis
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Spectators

1)Midnight_EG
    2)Bonito
    3)RoverCraft (Shame it's not a 4WD dyno)
    4)
    5)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Adding me. May bring a spectator too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Would love to go but not sure if I can get it off work or if I'll have a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

90 % I will now be able to go. will know for deffo tomorrow.

That means i may get the driveshaft coupling sorted, and sure ill do the caliper seals at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Only a week out, anychance of an updated list of who definitly is or isnt coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I should be there

(1 Draffodx
    (2 Onkle
    (3
    (4
    (5
    (6
    (7
    (8
    (9
    (10

(1 Draffodx
    (2 Onkle
    (3 Eireal +1
    (4
    (5
    (6
    (7
    (8
    (9
    (10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

(1 Draffodx
    (2 Onkle
    (3 Eireal +1
    (4 Voodoomelon +1
    (5
    (6
    (7
    (8
    (9
    (10

Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

(1 Draffodx
    (2 Onkle
    (3 Eireal +1
    (4 Voodoomelon +1
    (5 Knifey_Spoonie
    (6
    (7
    (8
    (9
    (10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I'm going but I ain't sure if I'll put it on the dyno

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I'm going but I ain't sure if I'll put it on the dyno

Same as myself, my alloys need to be straightened as they are causing the steering wheel to shake at 100km/h +

So not sure about putting her on the dyno, I've been told it would be best not to. I'll head along anyway.

Whats the best way to get to urban off the M50?

draffodx wrote: »
    Same as myself, my alloys need to be straightened as they are causing the steering wheel to shake at 100km/h +

So not sure about putting her on the dyno, I've been told it would be best not to. I'll head along anyway.

I was only there the other day but I can't remember, I know we came off at Ballymount and went left. I have no idea from there! I'll let Onkle put up proper directions

draffodx wrote: »

Change your back with your front wheels and your away in a hack!

Come off the m50 at ballymount then follow this, its about 5minutes drive or half a "country" mile!

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/7KMspnetUp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I was only there the other day but I can't remember, I know we came off at Ballymount and went left. I have no idea from there! I'll let Onkle put up proper directions

Off the M50 at Junction 10, drive towards the Belgard Road, when you reach the Belgard Road turn left and then take the next left onto Airton Rd.

About 500metres up Airton Road take the first left and follow the road, this will bring you to a junction, go straight across this junction and urban are in behind a small lawnmower shop there facing Power City

eireal wrote: »
    Change your back with your front wheels and your away in a hack!

Come off the m50 at ballymount then follow this, its about 5minutes drive or half a "country" mile!

Their probably the same, my next door neighbour had to get all 4 of his ford alloys straightened thanks to our lovely bog road back home.

Gonna get them all straightened and refurbed at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Looking forward to this. Seeing as we didnt get the numbers, how much will this be?

• Advertisement

Looking forward to this. Seeing as we didnt get the numbers, how much will this be?

€45

45 quid if it's less then 10 I think.

There's 7 on the list for the dyno and I might put mine on too when the time comes. Isn't Matt Simms meant to be coming too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I've only just had the car on the dyno, so I might come around as a spectator. Unless I get the crazy idea to get the van dyno'ed to see what's left after 350000 km :)

/M

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Had really hoped to go to this but have a dodgy wheel bearing on front left and of course ford in cork don't have any... looking like I might not have it before the weekend so I ain't gonna chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

RoverCraft wrote: »
    (Shame it's not a 4WD dyno)

There's a 4WD dyno in Dunboyne. Doesn't help you in this case though.

/M

I'm getting my bike set up on sat morning in bray so i'll call in on my way back past, won't be putting the jammer on the dyno though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

lafors wrote: »
    I'm getting my bike set up on sat morning in bray so i'll call in on my way back past, won't be putting the jammer on the dyno though.

im in now guys, ive edited the post in the motors sectin.

(1 Draffodx
    (2 Onkle
    (3 Eireal +1
    (4 Voodoomelon +1
    (5 Knifey_Spoonie
    (6 kceire
    (7
    (8
    (9
    (10

Onkle wrote: »
    Off the M50 at Junction 10, drive towards the Belgard Road, when you reach the Belgard Road turn left and then take the next left onto Airton Rd.

About 500metres up Airton Road take the first left and follow the road, this will bring you to a junction, go straight across this junction and urban are in behind a small lawnmower shop there facing Power City

Sorry Onkle, could you maybe put a pin on this map - http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.294901,-6.354132&spn=0.006618,0.023904&t=h&z=16

thanks.
    being a lost northsider ya know :)

this map any use to anyone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement