Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clogherhead Prawn Festival World Record Attempt

Options
  • 14-06-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I've just seen that Clogherhead's Prawn Festival is holding a World Record Attempt for "The Most People Buried in the Sand Simultaneously"! on Saturday 17th July at 3pm.

Apparently the French currently hold the record with 342 so they're looking for 343 or more (obviously)!! The detail is on www.clogherheadprawnfestival.ie/news .....

Would be great if we could nab this title from the French, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Sounds like great fun, I might go!

Here's a working link: http://www.clogherheadprawnfestival.ie/news.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 22moomoo

Check out the link here too:

www.dailymotion.com/video/x7p2m4_most-people-buried-in-sand-simultan_fun

It should be a great bit of fun for the kids, (and the big kids too)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

I Loooooooove the sound of this!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I must say I'm looking forward to this festival, lots of stuff happening.
    Was at carlingford Oyster festival last year and some parts were good but others were a bit 'Father Ted ish'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Got my bucket and spade at the ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 irjudge

A success. Put the French in the shade with a cool 520 people buried. Most have been dug up again.

Yes indeed there was a good crowd and it was organised well. I'm a record breaker! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

was there today, alot of fun and well organised. Didn't get buried but regret it now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Elisabeth82

Hi everyone! :-)
    I too was at the festival, got buried and all, it was loads of fun!!!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/szilvi.juhasz/20100717ClogherheadPrawnFestival#
    (sorry for the Hungarian text below the pictures, they were originally meant for my family)

@The Big Fella: I know how you feel, I went to the Street Performance World Championship in Dublin this year and didn't participate in the world record for most people jumping on space hoppers. Seeing the youtube videos about it, I will deeply regret it for the rest of my life...

@Irjudge: I tried to find how many people got buried but no one could tell me anything official. Is 520 the official result??? Because it just sounds fantastic!!! :-D

Have a nice day everyone! :-)
    Szilvi

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I think the official number was 509.

Apparently, there was no-one from guinness world records present so the organisers now have to present all the evidence to them to try to get the record certified.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure that they got all the info required from the guinness people. The whole event was documented and filmed from start to finish so there should be no issues. Was out again yesterday at the pier. Pity about the rain but it was good fun none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

great craic all weekend!:D

Hi revileandy,
    thanks for all the info! :-) No wonder I could't find it anywhere if it is not official yet. Strange, that no one from Guiness World Records was there, isn't it?
    Anyway, we know that we did it!!! :-)
    Have a nice day!
    Szilvi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

My dog didn't win a prize at the dog show :mad: but otherwise an excellent event.

Was going to go bungee jumping but the price was a bit steep. Watching them afterwards I'm kind of glad anyways. How many are waking up this morning suffering whiplash? They were being thrown around like rag dolls. :eek:

Hi everyone,
    I emailed the organizer to get some clarity on this, and this is what he said:
    "Hi szilvia

We buried 517 people officially, we're not sure if guinness will
    accept the 517 people as they didnt have a stick with a number behind
    their head!

But in any case 517 people is what we buried so thats what we're sticking to!!

Regards Brian"

Have a nice day everyone!
    Szilvi

Advertisement