Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intruder Alarm Questions and Answers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

koolkid wrote: »
    You have the digi set up that it thinks its calling a central station.
    Remove that number in the ARC setting & set it to text you.

hi koolkid
    its a dialler that i am using. so can this be used for sia format for monitoring company, for own use to ring me or both?
    thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What panel & what digi is it?
    For example HKC & Astec fusion digis can report to Central sataions using Fast Format,SIA & SIA extended & contact ID. They can also send text direct if your phone providor supports it.

hkc securewatch panel
    hkc securewatch dialler.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The plug-on dialler can be configured to send texts.
    Here is the menu map for it.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/398168926/DMTC_Menu.pdf.html

The plug-on dialler can be configured to send texts.
    Here is the menu map for it.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/398168926/DMTC_Menu.pdf.html
    koolkid
    that menu is for the digi. in the dialler when i go through the menu i dont have the sms options or the protocol options.

• Advertisement

Is it the dialler that plugs onto the main PCB?
    How old is it?

Is it the dialler that plugs onto the main PCB?
    How old is it?

ya the dialler that plugs onto main pcb. they are both new. just wondering what the benefit of the dialler is . is it for monitoring of private use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

bryanbal wrote: »
    ya the dialler that plugs onto main pcb. they are both new. just wondering what the benefit of the dialler is . is it for monitoring of private use.

It can be used to contact the monitoring station or else send you and up to 17 people a text. You need to go into the serial port menu, modem service menu, sms text menu. It will have site name - house alarm or what ever you want to put in there. Text phone names - P 01 bryanbal. Text phone numbers P 01 0871234567, P 02 0871234567 up to 17 numbers.

Any problems let us know..

altor wrote: »
    It can be used to contact the monitoring station or else send you and up to 17 people a text. You need to go into the serial port menu, modem service menu, sms text menu. It will have site name - house alarm or what ever you want to put in there. Text phone names - P 01 bryanbal. Text phone numbers P 01 0871234567, P 02 0871234567 up to 17 numbers.

Any problems let us know..
    ya thats what iv been doing altor.
    when i set off alarm it rings me but no text. in dialler menu i remove the calling function and still no text. in modem service menu i try to send test text but it says no digi present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Depends on what you are looking for.
    For Astec its best to buy direct from them.
    Unit 31,
    IDA Centre,
    Pearse Street,
    Dubin 2,
    Ireland.

Phone:01-670 4201
    I also Use
    Reliable Security
    Units 2 & 3 - Cian Park Industrial Estate - Drumcondra - Dublin 9 - Ireland
    Phone: 01 837 2445
    There is also some good deals to be got at
    Condor Security
    23A Greenhills Ind Est
    Dublin 12
    Phone 01 4097733

HKC Stuff,can you buy direct from them?

Greenhills one is nearest me I'll try them thanks

Incidently are they any wireless panels available with onboard GSM or any cheap options for texting alarm alerts when a landline is not available.HKC Securewave panel

• Advertisement

Condor in Greenhills would have a good range of some of the more basic stuff.
    You would not be able buy direct from HKC.
    PM me if your going there Ill give you a contact name and number.

ya thats what iv been doing altor.
    when i set off alarm it rings me but no text. in dialler menu i remove the calling function and still no text. in modem service menu i try to send test text but it says no digi present.

You should not be going into the dialer menu as you if you have the text card that plugs onto the board. Did you add phone numbers anywhere else apart from the sms text menu, if so you will need to delete these. Who is your phone service provider ? Can you go into the serial port menu press yes, then go to options menu press yes, modem options menu press yes, text enable.

You should not be going into the dialer menu as you if you have the text card that plugs onto the board. Did you add phone numbers anywhere else apart from the sms text menu, if so you will need to delete these. Who is your phone service provider ? Can you go into the serial port menu press yes, then go to options menu press yes, modem options menu press yes, text enable.

when i go to dialler menu it comes up ff dialler v1.8 so this is the device i have. service provider is eircom. test enable is on in sms options.

when i go to dialler menu it comes up ff dialler v1.8 so this is the device i have. service provider is eircom. test enable is on in sms options.

If you have a text dialer you should not be going into the dialer menu. The dialer is a different device that is used for a monitoring station.

You need to program the the text dialer in the modem card menu...

If you have a text dialer you should not be going into the dialer menu. The dialer is a different device that is used for a monitoring station.

You need to program the the text dialer in the modem card menu...
    ok guys to avoid any confusion this is what i have http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Files/Products_March08.pdf product sw-4/8 dc. in spec it doesnt say anything about texting but i should be able to call my own phone which i can but no announcement to say alarm at bryanbal.

ok guys to avoid any confusion this is what i have http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Files/Products_March08.pdf product sw-4/8 dc. in spec it doesnt say anything about texting but i should be able to call my own phone which i can but no announcement to say alarm at bryanbal.

That is not the text dialer that plugs on to the board. It does not do voice messages either, it is used for monitoring the alarm through a monitoring station. You need the SW-DMTC for the text.

That is not the text dialer that plugs on to the board. It does not do voice messages either, it is used for monitoring the alarm through a monitoring station. You need the SW-DMTC for the text.

thanks altor had a feeling we were talking about different things. what format does it use for monitoring station. should it just be a matter of putting in phone number and account with monitoring station to set up.

thanks altor had a feeling we were talking about different things. what format does it use for monitoring station. should it just be a matter of putting in phone number and account with monitoring station to set up.

Your welcome,

It goes through on fast format but you will need to be a registered installer to set up monitoring on the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Hi all,

We're renting an apartment with a HKC SecureWatch alarm. We'd like to able to be able to inhibit the infra-red hallway detector so we can use the alarm while in the the apartment.

I'm renting, so literally know nothing about the alarm other than what is in the poorly written "User's Manual" (I'm a tech writer myself and it's abysmal). This manual has, on page 2, a list of zones penned in by the original engineer; Z2 has a note "Hall Pir" which I presume is the hallway infra-red detector. I've confirmed this - if I wave my hand in front of the detector in the hallway, I see the following on the LED screen of the alarm:

Z2 hall pir

From this I assume that the the hallway infra-red detector is definitely Zone 2. According to the manual, I should be able to inhibit this zone in 1 of 2 ways:

Method 1: Page 5 - Use the Part Set A, which according to the inked-in installer note, inhibits zone 2:

Press:

0 # 7

Method 2: Page 6 - Use Zone Inhibit to inhibit Zone 2:

Press:

0 <user code> * 2 [REC]

However, when I try either of these methods, standing in front of the hallway infra-red detector, the alarm simply goes off straight away.

Any help appreciated - I rang HKC SecureWatch and they were unable to tell me anything, and Eircom PhoneWatch, the original installers, can't tell me anything either. (No surprise at Eircom really.)

P.

Have you tried to inhibit zone 2 by entering your code and navigating trough the user menu?
    Quick codes may have been disabled in the engineer menu.

• Advertisement

Have you tried to inhibit zone 2 by entering toy code and navigating trough the user menu?
    Quick codes may have been disabled in the engineer menu.

What's a "toy code"? Please assume I'm a moron when it comes to alarms (because, well, I am).

P.

Typo fixed. I'm on a mobile.

If I enter either <code>, or 0<code>, I get the same message on screen:

Fully arm ?

(? character is blinking)

I presume I can only select Yes or No; no menu as far as I can see.

P.

Try * or # (previous / next )
    If it doesn't give any other options then your code does not have the required permissions.

Try * or # (previous / next )
    If it doesn't give any other options then your code does not have the required permissions.

Ah, when I press *, for example, I do see options:

Manager Menu
    Bell Test

etc.

What menu/sub-menu am I looking for? Nothing about this in the user guide unfortunately, but I found a menu map on the web site:

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Files/SW812%20Menu.pdf

(The only change to the manual in 5 years has been to fix the typo "Tempory" to "Temporary". I guess it's the knowledge economy.)

P.

You are looking for inhibit.

I can see "inhibit tamper", but no other mentions of inhibit.

Just to note that when I type in the short code 0#7, I do see the following onscreen:

Partset A

So looks like the shortcode does actually work.

However, the "Alarm" light blinks red. According the manual, I should instead see (and hear) System Arming at this point.

Does this indicate it's going to go off? (It already did once)

Is there a way to view which zones belong to this partset?

Thanks for the help,

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    I can see "inhibit tamper", but no other mentions of inhibit.

Just to note that when I type in the short code 0#7, I do see the following onscreen:

Partset A

So looks like the shortcode does actually work.

However, the "Alarm" light blinks red. According the manual, I should instead see (and hear) System Arming at this point.

Does this indicate it's going to go off? (It already did once)

Is there a way to view which zones belong to this partset?

Thanks for the help,

P.

Have you tried 0#8 ? this is the other partset on the alarm.

Have you tried 0#8 ? this is the other partset on the alarm.

No, because I have no idea what that would do (that part of the user guide does not have any zones inked in).

P.

• Advertisement

oceanclub wrote: »
    No, because I have no idea what that would do (that part of the user guide does not have any zones inked in).

P.

The installer should of excluded the pir in partset, he may of done this partset b.
    0#8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement