Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intruder Alarm Questions and Answers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

ebuy wrote: »
    Helle, could someone please tell me how many wires are required to wire a HKC RPK and a bell box.
    I have a 10 core cable going to my Garage and I'd like to be able to put two zones, a bell box and a RPK.

If anyone has a copy of or a link to the installation manuals for the SW812 that would be great.

If you already have the HKC install an expander using 4 cores plus wire the keypad in with it. 6 cores for the external bell. Now wire your zones off the expander.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pmac086

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Do you have the engineer code? This is required for to disable the communication component. I have not used the system so I cannot help you as much as koolkid can though.. I have attached the Manual (Aritech_CS250_Manual.pdf) which could be useful for you.

Have a nice day!

Hi Tim M-U, ta for reply, I have the Engineer code and full manual but the manual does not give the Disable instruction for the communications, have gone into the panel and came to "Arc reporting" and the options are Arm/Disarm and have Disarmed but make no difference as the panel is logging up to 20 times a day with "Line Fault", "Test failed" Etc.
    If koolkid can help as you say it would be great.
    Cheers

pmac086 wrote: »
    Hi Tim M-U, ta for reply, I have the Engineer code and full manual but the manual does not give the Disable instruction for the communications, have gone into the panel and came to "Arc reporting" and the options are Arm/Disarm and have Disarmed but make no difference as the panel is logging up to 20 times a day with "Line Fault", "Test failed" Etc.
    If koolkid can help as you say it would be great.
    Cheers

Hi pmac086,

You need to go into the communications menu and delete the arc phone numbers and the account numbers. If you remove the phone line power down the alarm plus power it back up this should stop it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

koolkid wrote: »
    I doubt that would be a problem. Ebuy can you post what type of cable the 10 core is.

This is a fact and will happen. If you doubt it you should try it as i have seen this first hand and there is no way around it. Just like wiring a DOL sensor or a RKP bus will generate false activations.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cadzer wrote: »
    This is a fact and will happen. If you doubt it you should try it as i have seen this first hand and there is no way around it. Just like wiring a DOL sensor or a RKP bus will generate false activations.

I have seen it happen on occasion. But to say it is a fact & will happen every time is not true.
    It depends on cable run,cable type ,distance , as well as other external sources.
    Which is why I asked
    Ebuy can you post what type of cable the 10 core is.
    When/if Ebuy responds I will advise if I think there will be a problem. It would seem he has a number of options open to him , so if this method of common power etc creates problems we will advise him how to solve them.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,
    Ta for the answer for the Aritec 250, I will try that and let you know.
    Just to ask the Arc phone and A/c Nos in the panel is 0 , can I delete that to "nothing" as perhaps it is trying to ring 0 all the time.

Hi Altor,
    Ta for the answer for the Aritec 250, I will try that and let you know.
    Just to ask the Arc phone and A/c Nos in the panel is 0 , can I delete that to "nothing" as perhaps it is trying to ring 0 all the time.

Your welcome,

If you use the arrow up then hit ok this will clear it for you.

Righty , will try that, is this after I hit 0 to open the Ark No, as otherwise arrow up will bring me back to the previous stage.
    Ta again, I feel the power down will reset the panel but it would be good to delete all the arc info.

Righty , will try that, is this after I hit 0 to open the Ark No, as otherwise arrow up will bring me back to the previous stage.
    Ta again, I feel the power down will reset the panel but it would be good to delete all the arc info.

Go into communications menu and into where the arc number are, accept as if your going to put in the phone number, then arrow up to delete, then ok to accept. Do the same for the account numbers. power down the panel then power back up. Reprogram time and date.

Let me know how you get on..

Brilliant, will let you know after the weekend.
    Thank you

• Advertisement

Brilliant, will let you know after the weekend.
    Thank you

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ebuy

koolkid wrote: »
    I have seen it happen on occasion. But to say it is a fact & will happen every time is not true.
    It depends on cable run,cable type ,distance , as well as other external sources.
    Which is why I asked

When/if Ebuy responds I will advise if I think there will be a problem. It would seem he has a number of options open to him , so if this method of common power etc creates problems we will advise him how to solve them.

apologies for the delayed response (away on holidays) .... I checked the cable, Its actually a 10 x 2 pair cable (20 wires in toral) that was installed between the house and garage. 10 pairs, all covered in black plastic, with some 'sticky' material inside the plastic. The run is ~ 15 meters. This will be a new install and I was planing on using the SW812 unit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That makes the job much easier. Everything can be wired as normal.

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Hi Altor,
    Job done all perfect:), thanks again,

ebuy wrote: »
    apologies for the delayed response (away on holidays) .... I checked the cable, Its actually a 10 x 2 pair cable (20 wires in toral) that was installed between the house and garage. 10 pairs, all covered in black plastic, with some 'sticky' material inside the plastic. The run is ~ 15 meters. This will be a new install and I was planing on using the SW812 unit.

It is a poly poly cable, more so used for phones than alarms. It can be used but is not recommended by the manufacture. It is very brittle so maybe junction off in a junction box to where you want your keypad, external bell and sensors.

Hi Altor,
    Job done all perfect:), thanks again,

Good to hear it all worked out for you. Any other problems you know where we are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kearneyt

Hi,

I have a Scopetronic Vista5 alarm panel and want to upgrade it to the HKC 812. I have two PIR's, window contacts, internal siren and bell box. Just wondered if these are all compatible with the HKC?
    The alarm was installed in 1992 and to be fair it's given me great service it's just that the battery needs replacement and I thought it might be the time to upgrade. Would like to avoid changing other components if possible.

Many thanks.

kearneyt wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Scopetronic Vista5 alarm panel and want to upgrade it to the HKC 812. I have two PIR's, window contacts, internal siren and bell box. Just wondered if these are all compatible with the HKC?
    Yes they would all work fine.
    The alarm was installed in 1992 and to be fair it's given me great service it's just that the battery needs replacement and I thought it might be the time to upgrade. Would like to avoid changing other components if possible.

If up to this, you had no problems with false alarms, I would recommend just changing the Control panel , Key pad bell box & battery.
    The HKC 6/10 or 8/12 would not be my choice as an upgrade. The technologhy there is over 10 years old anyway. Take a look as Astec Fusion, SigNet 100 or ,if you want HKC, the New Securewave range.

Many thanks KoolKid!

Hi Koolkid , can you tell me where I can purchase the Astec Fusion in North Dublin or Meath please. If you had an idea of cost it would be great!

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement

If your going as far as north Dublin you might as well go to Pearse Street. You would probably get a slightly better price from Astec anyway.
    For A panel with keypad & Internal & external bell you are looking at around €300

Hi,

Many thanks.

Hi kearneyt,

I would recommend upgrading to the new HKC SW 1070, If as you say you have no problems with the old alarm other than the battery it would be a straight swap. With this panel you will have the ability to add wire free devices e.g. two way motions, shocks, secure keyfobs on to it plus if you want to stick a voice or text dialer onto it you can monitor the alarm yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

altor wrote: »
    Hi kearneyt,

I would recommend upgrading to the new HKC SW 1070, If as you say you have no problems with the old alarm other than the battery it would be a straight swap. With this panel you will have the ability to add wire free devices e.g. two way motions, shocks, secure keyfobs on to it plus if you want to stick a voice or text dialer onto it you can monitor the alarm yourself.

I agree. An excellent panel. I wasn't a fan of the old panels although they were very reliable, i found them very slow software wise and it drove me crazy while programming. The new stuff is excellent in every way, build quality, software mapping, price etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

I agree. An excellent panel. I wasn't a fan of the old panels although they were very reliable, i found them very slow software wise and it drove me crazy while programming. The new stuff is excellent in every way, build quality, software mapping, price etc..
    Yep, the hkc is a bit slow at responding but I never go into the engineer menus, I only set it and unset it! It never really gave me false alarms and generally I never had a problem. (Just the new temp feature not working in the newest update).

Definitely use the hkc or the ge aritech.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

ok
    so i have this ringing my phone. can it make an announcement? Also can this device be used for monitoring centres with formats like sia?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Where do you guys buy your stuff.Need a few bits for my own alarm but everywhere near me are gone.Used to use Gardiners or Scott & o'Shea.

Electrical wholesalers tend to be dearer

Depends on what you are looking for.
    For Astec its best to buy direct from them.
    Unit 31,
    IDA Centre,
    Pearse Street,
    Dubin 2,
    Ireland.

Phone:01-670 4201
    I also Use
    Reliable Security
    Units 2 & 3 - Cian Park Industrial Estate - Drumcondra - Dublin 9 - Ireland
    Phone: 01 837 2445
    There is also some good deals to be got at
    Condor Security
    23A Greenhills Ind Est
    Dublin 12
    Phone 01 4097733

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

bryanbal wrote: »
    ok
    so i have this ringing my phone. can it make an announcement? Also can this device be used for monitoring centres with formats like sia?
    thanks
    The new securewatch systems meet the en50131 standard, this is required for central station and they require a licensed installer inorder for the gards to come out (if memory servers me right, you will get a form to fill out!)

Most installers that use the securewatch systems use the hkc txt digi which is normal..

When you say 'make an announcement', i persume you mean a speaker that would say something like 'GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE' or something. yes this may be possible, like the lights feature you could use a zone or somthing and have it ready and only turnon when the alarm is activated. altor or koolkid might help you with more information..

I hope this is what you meant?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

Tim M-U wrote: »
    The new securewatch systems meet the en50131 standard, this is required for central station and they require a licensed installer inorder for the gards to come out (if memory servers me right, you will get a form to fill out!)

Most installers that use the securewatch systems use the hkc txt digi which is normal..

When you say 'make an announcement', i persume you mean a speaker that would say something like 'GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE' or something. yes this may be possible, like the lights feature you could use a zone or somthing and have it ready and only turnon when the alarm is activated. altor or koolkid might help you with more information..

I hope this is what you meant?:confused:

sorry what i mean is whenit rings my phone i just get a beeping sound. so i was wondering will it say alarm at joe bloggs house when it rings.

• Advertisement

bryanbal wrote: »
    sorry what i mean is whenit rings my phone i just get a beeping sound. so i was wondering will it say alarm at joe bloggs house when it rings.
    You have the digi set up that it thinks its calling a central station.
    Remove that number in the ARC setting & set it to text you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement