Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox freezing- Help please

Options
  • 13-06-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My beloved xbox 360 premium console (2 and half years old) keeps freezing. No sign of the red rings yet, but it seemed to be very warm on the bottom. I probably let it get too dusty, but what can I do now?

I dont have my receipt :o I'm don't want to send it away for weeks but I will if I have to. I'd be tempted to maybe buy an elite if I saw one for good value.

Anyway is there anything I can do here at home rather than just sitting around whilst my friends blow each other up on MW2? Is there a way of cleaning dust out?

Any help apprciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My beloved xbox 360 premium console (2 and half years old) keeps freezing. No sign of the red rings yet, but it seemed to be very warm on the bottom. I probably let it get too dusty, but what can I do now?

I dont have my receipt :o I'm don't want to send it away for weeks but I will if I have to. I'd be tempted to maybe buy an elite if I saw one for good value.

Anyway is there anything I can do here at home rather than just sitting around whilst my friends blow each other up on MW2? Is there a way of cleaning dust out?

Any help apprciated

Keep using it till it dies and use the 3 year warranty option. There is a date on the back of the 360, that's how MS can tell how old it is if you didn't register it when you got it. It's not as accurate but seeing as you have no receipt.

It only took 10 days last time I had to send my 360 away.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Ive got an Elite and have the same problem man so I doubt buying an Elite may solve your problems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

constant freezing was a precursor to the red rings with mine. just wait till she dies and send her away. i've put off sending mine away until exams are over.

Advertisement