Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggheads

Options
  • 26-05-2010 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

I'm going to do a recording for eggheads in a couple of weeks. I've always been decent at pub quizzes etc but have never seen it. I've heard that tactics are as important as quiz knowledge. I've also heard that CJ is the most disagreeable one but also advised to not be tempted to knock him out early as he is probably the worst one.

Anyone have any other tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Haven't watched it in a good while, but sports usually comes up and CJ is God awful at sports, so keep in till the end if/when it does pop up..

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭law86

CJ is the one who is most often knocked out, and usually on sports. It is much harder to pick off Chris or Daphne who are all-rounders, so I reckon it would be strategic to knock CJ out as soon as you can, if you can. Then you are assured of at least two people in the final round. Plus he makes the most disgruntled, incredulous, hard-done-by face. Good times. Very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Kevin the very brainy one is crap at food and drink

CJ is good at world geography but not too hot on English geography - he also has a good deal of knowledge on Arts and books and is being coached by the others in the team on historical dates.

Judith is good at everything but not so great on tv shows - I don't think she even has a tv in her house.

Barry (his wife is an ex musical dancer so he has a fair grasp on musicals)

The best of luck by the way let's know what your team name is and when you will be appearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Din Taylor

Will see how I do before I give details of team name. I don't want to embarass myself on British national television AND boards.;)

Thanks for the tips so far.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,497 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I watch it now and again. This Irish fella Pat Gibson is now a regular Egghead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Gibson

If you haven't been start watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

deelite wrote: »
    CJ is good at world geography but not too hot on English geography -

I don't think there are different rounds, its just Geography. a mix or world and english comes up.

Irish people are obviously at a clear disadvantage in the geography round due to the english geo questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Din Taylor

Thanks for all the help guys. Just recorded yesterday. Your advice was very useful.

Won't say how we did but I'll say that we did well enough so that I'm not embarassed to tell you our team name. We were "Living by numbers". You'll know me as I'm the only oe with an Irish accent.

Unfortunately it's not on television for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Let us know when it's going to be on TV and well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Din Taylor wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help guys. Just recorded yesterday. Your advice was very useful.

Won't say how we did but I'll say that we did well enough so that I'm not embarassed to tell you our team name. We were "Living by numbers". You'll know me as I'm the only oe with an Irish accent.

Unfortunately it's not on television for a year.

You'll need to do a reminder post. :)

Glad you did well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement