Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork Naked Bike Ride

• 25-05-2010 10:11am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can't find the story online, but there's a brief in the Irish Independent today saying 150 people had signed up to do the Naked Bike Ride in Cork on July 19. It starts at 5 in the morning:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

que flood of my saddle is killing me threads on that day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bunch of knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lumen wrote: »
    Bunch of knackers.

Langers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I have been known to take part in naked events.

I took part in Spencer Tunick's photo shoot down by the Pigeon House. It was a wonderful, liberating experience until a man with a megaphone roared at me to "lose the erection".

Myself and the missus spent an afternoon on a Croatian island full of old naked Germans. It was a liberating experience until she told me to "lose the erection".

However, I shall be giving this one a miss as I swore to Donal Óg that he would be the last Cork person to see my erection.

And, by the way, before somebody accuses me of prejudice, I would point out that some of my best friends are Cork people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Just dont use chamois cream. Getting the saddle out could require surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

There is a similar ride in Portland that attracted 5,000 people last year.

http://bikeportland.org/2009/06/14/world-naked-bike-ride-was-it-good-for-you/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

However, I shall be giving this one a miss as I swore to Donal Óg that he would be the last Cork person to see my erection.

Is this really necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

nakedride1.jpg
    LOL @ Armwarmers!!!!!!!!!!!

el tonto wrote: »
    Is this really necessary?

Apologies if I offended anyone. On reflection, it was a bit gratuitous and insensitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Lets face it the way some people wear their Lycra they may as well be naked

http://www.frakincool.com/images/red-bicycle-shorts.jpg

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/2009/cameltoe-4954_1.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Is it wrong to ask how many women have signed up? bet its a sausage fest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

@thebouldwhacker This lady isn't a cyclist... no chamois and skinny legs. Us ladies cyclists has a little more class ... i think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

What's the motivation behind this? Is it for the love of feeling the wind through your hair...and your hair? Or is it something more pervy?

no chamois

there is! look at the pic aga.........................

oh:o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    What's the motivation behind this? Is it for the love of feeling the wind through your hair...and your hair? Or is it something more pervy?

All the info is here. I'll give it a miss myself, too old and fat for that kind of thing.

http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/

Wonder if they are doing Paddy's Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkdave

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to ask how many women have signed up? bet its a sausage fest
    Not so. I did the Spencer Tunick thing too, and it was great. Nobody I know had anything bad to say about it. Think I will do this ride too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Block (8

**** I'm useless I just can't do it :o

but hmmmm naked ladies on bikes..............

Done. Signed up. Along with 450 others. There is a majority of females, like in the Spencer Tunick event.

corkdave wrote: »
    like in the Spencer Tunick event.
    However unlike it this will be on public roads, where people who may not appreciate the art, freedom and/or novelty aspect to the event have access. While that event was held in 'private' this is open to all the expressions both physical and verbal of the less enlightened Corkonians out there. Though it is early in the morning take it from someone who used travel through the city at 6am there are plenty of dawn zombies out there.
    I wouldnt really equate the two events (bar the lack of clothing) I think the aims and philosophy are unrelated but what ever spins your wheel I guess;)
    That said I hope its a success and all the best to you and all those who participate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

city at 6am there are plenty of dawn zombies out there

+1 Thats when the up all night drongo element are on their way to the early house.( Bless em- Its a dirty job.....)

Best of luck to all participants though..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dubl

They do this naked rides in Cork second year in a row. Maybe next year in Dublin?!

Though it is early in the morning take it from someone who used travel through the city at 6am there are plenty of dawn zombies out there.
    Looks like last year's naked ride met one of them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

26773_596492323666_122500126_35434515_4278731_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Shhhh! Listen! ...What's that noise?

Oh. :rolleyes: that's the sound of Dirk fapping.

This bike ride has got a lot more publicity than might be expected. RED FM and 96 FM are both plugging it. There is an email address to send your registration to. myrebelcounty@gmail.com

corkdave wrote: »
    This bike ride has got a lot more publicity than might be expected.

Naked bike ride causes local media splash

Members of the Ursus family believed to defecate in sylvan settings

• Registered Users Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Aaaaaaaand we're back, apparently.

Wonder if RightToBikeIt will be wandering out for the big day out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

His youtube hits might suddenly skyrocket for a very different reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i tell you though, no more close passes if you cycle naked*

*untested

Advertisement