Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Soap Awards 2010

Options
  • 04-05-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,448 ✭✭✭✭

ITV's rural soap Emmerdale has received the most shortlist nominations for this year's British Soap Awards.
    The shortlist comprises the standard 15 nominations per eligible UK soap - Coronation Street, Doctors, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks - in the usual viewer-voted categories: 'Sexiest Male', 'Sexiest Female', 'Villain of the Year', 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress'.
    Each show is also automatically nominated for the elusive 'Best Soap' trophy.
    While the public vote determines the result of six awards, winners in the remaining 11 categories - which include 'Best Dramatic Performance', 'Best Storyline' and 'Best Newcomer' - are decided by a panel.
    From the 36 nominations, Emmerdale appears in each of the nine categories. Coronation Street and EastEnders, meanwhile, notched up eight apiece. Doctors secured six, while Hollyoaks has five.
    This year, Hollyoaks notably failed to receive nominations in the 'Best Storyline' and 'Best Single Episode' categories, while Coronation Street has no candidate in the 'Best Newcomer' stakes, last year won by Craig Gazey (Graeme Proctor).
    Winners of the 'Lifetime Achievement' and 'Special Achievement' awards are also discussed by the panel.
    The twelfth annual British Soap Awards ceremony takes place on Saturday and will transmit on Wednesday, May 19 on ITV1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Can we vote in this :)

Hope Doctors does well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Some of the winners in this years awards were a complete farce. The award for best actor in particular.
    Emmerdale
    should also have won a lot more than it did.

The awards are being shown on ITV 1 wednesday 19th May.

The full list of winners can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's a shame that
    Hollyoaks only won 1 award... They had a fairly poor year, but still thought they'd get more than one... The Parachute Scene was fantastic though and deserves the award

I am glad that
    doctors got some recognition! yippee!!

• Advertisement

I am glad
    Stacey and Bradley
    won

I expected Aaron from Emmerdale and his storyline to win a few :(

There are shown on ITV tonight and TV3 tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

angel01 wrote: »
    I am glad that
    doctors got some recognition! yippee!!

Me too..they deserved it:)

Ah Blanche (corrie!). I'll really miss her character:(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

Youd think the charaters of Stacey and Bradley would smile or at least pretend to look happy that Eastenders won an award for the Archie Mitchel story line ....bloody miserable

• Advertisement

Youd think the charaters of Stacey and Bradley would smile or at least pretend to look happy that Eastenders won an award for the Archie Mitchel story line ....bloody miserable

Just noticed that myself...wow they really don't seem to be enjoying themselves at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Stacey(in real life) is one miserable bag of bones isn't she?

greenie wrote: »
    Just noticed that myself...wow they really don't seem to be enjoying themselves at all.

Billy Mitchell was jumping around like a 3 year old hugging and kissing everyone...:D

Stacey(in real life) is one miserable bag of bones isn't she?

I dont think she is, Lacey is a very shy person in real life but a damn good actress :) she finds these award shows hard being shy.

greenie wrote: »

They seemed tired as well and they both want to move forward with their lives I guess

Larry Lamb's glasses made him look about 80 :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

i missed the end who got soap of the year?

They seemed tired as well and they both want to move forward with their lives I guess

Larry Lamb's glasses made him look about 80 :eek::eek:

She will always be Stacey Slater and him Bradley Branning no matter what roles they take next imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She will always be Stacey Slater and him Bradley Branning no matter what roles they take next imo

Stacey Slater Ice Skater :P

I dont think so, people have said that about lots of people but doesn't mean they have to sit playing the same part for 40 years. They are ambitious and want to do more acting, Lacey could easily do hollywood films.

blondie7 wrote: »
    i missed the end who got soap of the year?

Eastenders

• Advertisement

I dont think she is, Lacey is a very shy person in real life but a damn good actress :) she finds these award shows hard being shy.

I still think she could make more of an effort though. Dare I suggest act if its not genuine...? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Lacey is great at playing a grumpy cow that has a face like a bulldog licking p*ss off a nettle .....

I still think she could make more of an effort though. Dare I suggest act if its not genuine...? ;)

Some people don't find it easy to go to award shows and things like that, I think she is a wonderful actress who has made Stacey into such a legendry character. I will miss her and Jean so much :(:(

I dont think so, people have said that about lots of people but doesn't mean they have to sit playing the same part for 40 years. They are ambitious and want to do more acting, Lacey could easily do hollywood films.

Who from Eastenders has gone on to do well in Hollywood :rolleyes:

Who from Eastenders has gone on to do well in Hollywood :rolleyes:

Michelle ryan has, lacey is brilliant and could easily do it. Why the sarcastic smiley? just because not many have done hollywood so far, that can change.

Some people don't find it easy to go to award shows and things like that, I think she is a wonderful actress who has made Stacey into such a legendry character. I will miss her and Jean so much :(:(

You're dead right about the characters. Stacey filled the Kat role perfectly. I only hope Jessie brings her A Game back to the show as Kat on top form is a force of nature...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Cant believe Danny Miller didnt get best actor. To add insult to injury Scott 'I can be out acted by a plank of wood' Maslen does get the award.

gazzer wrote: »
    Cant believe Danny Miller didnt get best actor. To add insult to injury Scott 'I can be out acted by a plank of wood' Maslen does get the award.

In all fairness to Scott, in his current storyline, he is acting a blinder, really great acting at the moment and at Christmas, during the Archie storyline, he was integral. I like him and he is gorgeous which is an added bonus :D

• Advertisement

Jack is officially cool...:)

Advertisement