Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Rugby YouTube Videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

looks like a shoulde charge:eek:, he had an amazing game hope he goes on summer tour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

duckysauce wrote: »
    looks like a shoulde charge:eek:, he had an amazing game hope he goes on summer tour

Nothing wrong with a shoulder charge if you have the ball.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Lomu running over Will Carling (starts about 12 secs in)

This guy was an 18 year old hooker making his international debut against England in Twickenham.

That was a seriously cheap dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

eoin wrote: »
    Lomu running over Will Carling (starts about 12 secs in)
    That was Mike Catt.

eoin wrote: »
    That was a seriously cheap dig.
    It was a bit cowardly but I have to say he was on the receiving end of a cheap shoeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

foinse wrote: »

Saw it during the game. That's a prop he's flinging out of the way. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

NOt sure if its been posted before. Hilarious because its Will Carling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

shawpower wrote: »
    Nah, there's a 1 beside the 3 on his back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

shawpower wrote: »

It's a centre! :P

EDIT: Beaten to it. Curse you Firefox and your tabbed browsing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

These guys get my vote for Most Enthusiastic Commentator's of the Year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

damselnat wrote: »

Love that clip of Jonny... Reminds us of how much the complete player he was in his heyday. He reinvented the hard-tackling outhalf. The guy was immense and was more than just a big boot...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Love that clip of Jonny... Reminds us of how much the complete player he was in his heyday. He reinvented the hard-tackling outhalf. The guy was immense and was more than just a big boot...

I remember that! How do we get ROG to that level???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Anyone have the youtube clip of Bryce Lawrence having a discussion with Berdos over a tmo decision? I cant find it but it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pity Hook is in it, but a good watch all the same.

Crash wrote: »
    Nah, there's a 1 beside the 3 on his back :)

Cheers. I watched it on the day and saw just a 3, and then watched the video of it again and missed the 1 a second time. :)

These guys get my vote for Most Enthusiastic Commentator's of the Year :D

That game gets my vote for best of the year. Phenomenal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

jack01986 wrote: »

Why was that a yellow card?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tackle looks fine, but he didn't make much of an effort to roll away. Might have been one too many infringements or something.

almighty1 wrote: »
    Why was that a yellow card?

Well overlooking the fact that James Jones is the ref, and you're presuming there needs to be a good reason, he signalled for not rolling away. Seems bizarre when you just see it in this clip, but I guess the ref believed that it was slowing down play when there was a try scoring opportunity open.

Jones did give 4 yellows to Leinster in that game though, so not hugely surprising. Plus he told me barefaced in Toulouse when I queried him on it, that he was a Home town ref that day and he'd look after us in the game against Edinburgh. He's that bad. Really. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Actually looking at it again I think it was for not releasing from the tackle. He seems to signal this after the yellow card. Eitherway it was for slowing the ball down and seemed a bit harsh but I didnt see the game so cant comment on previous.

Serious tackle though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Whistle was blown within 3 seconds of the hit, it was clearly a reaction to a very hard (but legal hit). Do not like this ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Think part of the problem was that Blair (?) was pretty much out of it, so didnt make any attempt to play the ball back, and so JJ, in his infinite wisdom, decided that making a loud noise was the best approach.

Toulousain wrote: »
    Whistle was blown within 3 seconds of the hit, it was clearly a reaction to a very hard (but legal hit). Do not like this ref.

Maybe he didnt roll away. Attacking position within the 22 and quick ball.
    Not that I buy that, JJ clearly didnt like the tackle but couldnt find anything wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Guy's, you can actually hear the ref say the penalty was for not rolling away, yes it was called very fast, but the Glasgow support was there very quick aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

One of the best team tries I've seen and finished by a second row. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Not sure if this has been shown already.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 knight_of_cake

Surpised not to see this one up so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Advertisement