Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things you do for Love..

Options
  • 16-05-2010 3:50am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm sitting here with a sore arm and a sore arse, because I got 7 vaccines to go to South America, to meet a woman whom I'm madly in love with.

We knew each other online for ages, and back in September bought a ticket to Buenos Aires on the spur. I only work part time, so I chucked the idea of getting a car, or moving to Dublin for the time being.

I regret nothing though :o

So just out of curiosity, what things have fellow boardsians done for love? <3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I regret nothing though :o

Really?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any thing she tells me to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I set her free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Around 7 years ago, I drove to Longford from Dublin on a Vespa in the middle of winter to meet a girl. It took me around 3 hours & I almost froze to death.

She must've appreciated it though, as we're still together. And now I drive a car!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

super-rush wrote: »
    Really?

Yah really. I only want one thing in my life, and that's to be with her by my side. Everything else will fall into place :o

• Advertisement

Around 7 years ago, I drove to Longford from Dublin on a Vespa in the middle of winter to meet a girl. It took me around 3 hours & I almost froze to death.

She must've appreciated it though, as we're still together. And now I drive a car!

And hopefully you don't text while driving cos if you get killed you'll get no compassion here.

Have you ever met this girl?

Yah really. I only want one thing in my life, and that's to be with her by my side. Everything else will fall into place :o

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Why the :o ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have you ever met this girl?

Nope I have not. Just MSN and Skype every evening.

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »
    Why the :o ?

Why not? It's a smiley of a warming smile :o :pac:

Wow man I admire your trust in this if you haven't even met the girl in person. I thought you went there in September.

Edit , I see you bought the ticket in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Awwwww! Best of luck OP :) I was impressed when someone hitched from cork to clare, you're well in there :P

Well, all the best - I hope everything works out well for ya. ;)

lonad wrote: »
    Wow man I admire your trust in this if you haven't even met the girl in person. I thought you went there in September.

Yeah... I understand that it can be hard to accept for some people, but I cant imagine living my life, sharing my memories without her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<Meatloaf reference>

Yeah... I understand that it can be hard to accept for some people, but I cant imagine living my life, sharing my memories without her

Go for it , just make sure the ticket is a return , talking with someone on MSN can be very different to talking in person.

Sorry if I seem cynical of your dreams but I do wish you all the best.

And hopefully you don't text while driving cos if you get killed you'll get no compassion here.

I don't text whilst driving anymore. I learned my lesson after I ran over the 4th pedestrian.

Go for it , just make sure the ticket is a return , talking with someone on MSN can be very different to talking in person.

Sorry if I seem cynical of your dreams but I do wish you all the best.

Awwwww! Best of luck OP :) I was impressed when someone hitched from cork to clare, you're well in there :P

And it rained that day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I once travelled from Dublin to Kilkenny on a pogo stick for a Smithwicks. It was love at first sight taste. I'm gonna cry now I'm so drunk happy,.

Hic

Einhard wrote: »
    I once travelled from Dublin to Kilkenny on a pogo stick for a Smithwicks. It was love at first sight taste. I'm gonna cry now I'm so happy...and drunk...

How could you be drunk drinking Smithwicks , it doesn't stay in your body long enough to have any effect:pac:

How could you be drunk drinking Smithwicks , it doesn't stay in your body long enough to have any effect:pac:

That's blasphemy sir!! I demand you make amends for your sl....zzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

good luck op.

i hope she doesn't turn out to have a big fat cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I'm going to North America for a girl I met last summer. She was supposed to move here to study, but complications arose and so I decided to go over to see her instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Fell in love with this guy over MSN and Skype once but didn't think he's reciprocate. So pretended to be a chick from from Argentina for years! And still do!

Can't believe the sucker is still falling for it!

"It's been really nice meeting you, Brian, but can we go back to having a virtual relationship?"

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Fell in love with this guy over MSN and Skype once but didn't think he's reciprocate. So pretended to be a chick from from Argentina for years! And still do!

Can't believe the sucker is still falling for it!

Cecilia?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Einhard wrote: »
    Cecilia?! :eek:

You can call me ANYTHING you like ;)

Advertisement