Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Back the Calor Kosangas Housewife of the Year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

why isnt there a house husband of the year award, i feel discriminated against :(
    Put a dress on and you fit right in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

limklad wrote: »
    Put a dress on and you fit right in.

as if he needs any encouragement

hiya snowie :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

shellyboo wrote: »
    I'm the complete opposite! I can also do all those things but wouldn't be holed doing them for myself. When I'm at home with the parents, I cook and clean like a demon.

I'd actually quite like to be a housewife and be kept in the style to which I have become accustomed. I could write a novel on the side or something to keep my brain from seizing up :)
    Are you a lady of a certain age?

You have to say Boo 3 times and she may answer you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CDfm wrote: »
    as if he needs any encouragement

hiya snowie :p

:eek:

pffffffffffft

I've no interest in buying or wearuing womens clothing. besides thats the womans jobs....

tho my kitchen will have one of these in http://www.waterfordcookers.com/Products/Rangecookers/1558.htm

and my gf can have a little electric hob in the corner... :D

• Advertisement

What would ya be prepaed to do fo the Waterford Stanley :p

What would ya be prepaed to do fo the Waterford Stanley :p

sell my sole to bank of ireland of course :pac:

sell my sole to bank of ireland of course :pac:

Would you sell your soul to Blaithnid Ni Choffaigh :D

*shivers*

gingers have no soles imagine what eric cartmen would do if he found out :eek: it does even bare thaught....

your sick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Domestic bliss.

" Thats a fine cake there Nora" "sure I only had the one egg a nob of butter and a cup of flour" Wow.

Mug cake

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Make_Cake_in_a_Mug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Thaedydal wrote: »

Just the thing to entertain the buzzards on a rainy bank holiday ... looking forward to trying this one out.

Bagsy not cleaning the mugs afterwards though :cool:

2009-02-blathnaid-ni-chofaigh.jpgHeatranger.jpgSnow_Monkey_WSF.jpg&t=1&h=196&w=135&usg=__Ciay9QHazYctkqZgIWm48ahxcE8=

IT has a certain charm doncha think :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Thaed = Legend

But would it feed a family of 4 and have enough left over to be produced again at a coffee morning.

The Calor Kosangas Housewife of the Year could do all that while plucking chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

maybe we need some GC awards........

ME ME ME ( Im going to regret this) :D

nah kahannie wins or how ever you spell it he dilivered a child, or well helped it break out.,...

dangerous territory -did he carry it for nine months.

something more PC the GC Ironing and Vacuuming awaard goes to :eek:

trout wrote: »
    Just the thing to entertain the buzzards on a rainy bank holiday ... looking forward to trying this one out.

Bagsy not cleaning the mugs afterwards though :cool:

Just make sure you grease them up before hand, the mugs that is and then afterwards put them in the sink and pour boiling water from the kettle on them,
    easy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do you know how much they cost?

When it comes to kitchenware lust, they are pretty bloody hot.
    Through in as much Le Creuset as I can haul, and I'd happily play lovely Mamie for the TV.

In real life my bloke would have to be fulfilling his traditional role, of honing his bod by toiling endless in the fields like a big manly man. To get the special treatment.

FACT!!!! Couldnt agree with ya more :pac:

• Advertisement

FACT!!!! Couldnt agree with ya more :pac:

Less of that and more of "its a grand cake nora"

A Calor Kosangas Housewife of the Year should also be able to crochet a dress for a small child while doing the vacuuming
    You can do that surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Less of that and more of "its a grand cake nora"

A Calor Kosangas Housewife of the Year should also be able to crochet a dress for a small child while doing the vacuuming
    You can do that surely?

Pffffffft! thats nothing! :pac:

Crochette is handy enough, as is making patchwork quilts out of scraps of old curtains, table clothes and clothes, I can do all the domestic arts, it makes life thriftier but I seem to have lost out on the other side as the co parent can't/won't do most of the manly work expected like washing windows, painting inside and out, unplugging the sink, I get stuck doing that as well.

A true Calor Kosangas House of the Year wouldnt grumble and would order a powerhose and spraypaint attachments for her Kenwood Mixer.

A true Calor Kosangas House of the Year wouldnt grumble and would order a powerhose and spraypaint attachments for her Kenwood Mixer.

That sort of things costs money, she'd have to make her husband a nice cup of raspberry leaf tea and then wait until the life insurance kicked in before being able to afford such things.

Are you sure you mean only tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Kenwoods are sooo last century/millenium. Its KitchenAid mixers these days.

I'm not impressed by the Waterford Stanley range either, its only as shadow of an Aga. In traditional Ivory.

/Swoon

Giselle wrote: »

I'm not impressed by the Waterford Stanley range either, its only as shadow of an Aga. In traditional Ivory.

/Swoon

Thats Wonder Woman talk that is ;)

Giselle wrote: »

/Swoon

Agas are meh.... if you live bye old school days of an aga well then good for you theres plenty of horrible things to go with one like doileys and net cutains etc.... and all the ironing left on a arm chair to one die of it...

you got taste.
    not

• Advertisement

Giselle is a dab hand at needle point amd doilies she gives as presents to her friends are a source of real pride.:rolleyes:

Advertisement