Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GR midlands

Hiya,
    Oh thanks for that, now i know what it is that holds u up!-its just like garda vetting-i applied for it for something i was doin on the 10th of oct & it only came back on the 15th march -some joke!

Thanks a mil, oh im so nervous yet excited!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thestig06

Hiya,
    Oh thanks for that, now i know what it is that holds u up!-its just like garda vetting-i applied for it for something i was doin on the 10th of oct & it only came back on the 15th march -some joke!

Thanks a mil, oh im so nervous yet excited!!

Don't get too excited , some are waiting for nearly 2 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Best the luck GR midlands, Hope it comes through for you asap...Maybe this year?:pac: Who knows......

Oh im a vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy patient person!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Oh im a vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy patient person!!!

ya so pull up a chair and get ready to wait :cool:

• Advertisement

Hiya,
    chair ready & waiting! its gonna b a loooooooong ride but worth d wait!!
    If u dont mind me askin ya ,

Where r u in d process??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

graduated:cool:

Oh- congrads to u
    where u stationed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 collig2

Sent in the B.R form about six weeks ago and thought id try to get the ball rolling. Rang the Sgt. of my local St. and asked him had there been any progress. He rang me back a day later and told me that he sent out requests to 8 stations nationwide, and the he is still waiting on 3 to reply. This was concerning my relatives. He also said he will send out reminders to those stations. I'd say its looking like September for me aswell. Are there any cases where people have got the medical before the B.R form was complete, or would that just not make sense.

Cheers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

collig2 wrote: »
    Sent in the B.R form about six weeks ago and thought id try to get the ball rolling. Rang the Sgt. of my local St. and asked him had there been any progress. He rang me back a day later and told me that he sent out requests to 8 stations nationwide, and the he is still waiting on 3 to reply. This was concerning my relatives. He also said he will send out reminders to those stations. I'd say its looking like September for me aswell. Are there any cases where people have got the medical before the B.R form was complete, or would that just not make sense.

Cheers....

When this started back in October 2006 they rushed everything through. You applied September and was in training on phase 4 in December 2006. They would have given medical before BR check's came back but nowadays they will wait until each step of the procedure is complete before moving to the next stage. If you have relatives living or lived abroad that really slows thing up for the applicant. Hope this is of use. When did you make the application to PAS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Damn il be forever waiting with 13 blood relatives!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

A few questions about the BR form, hopefully someone can help me with.

What happens if you cant get the date of birth from all your relatives (Aunts, Uncles)

Where it says are written references attached? Do you need to provide theses or can you give them to the inspector at that interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where it says are written references attached? Do you need to provide theses or can you give them to the inspector at that interview?
    Well they aren't attached if you are only giving them to the inspector at the interview. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Sorry, to clear it up a little.

On the BR form is says References are attached to print copy Yes/No

Do you need to provide them with the form or can they be given later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Do you have to let your relatives know about the background check?

They won't actually be informed that they are being vetted. Will they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

one section of the BR form asks have you ever been charged with a crime or offence. I was in court over not having an NCT on my car, and was fined. Do i answer yes to this question or no as it is road traffic related???

SARASON wrote: »
    Just wondering about applying for this. Is it a waste of time as you dont get paid. I have heard that members of the ags dont like reserve members. Also members of the public seem to have a chip on their shoulder about reserve members.. Is all this true or bull.

As far as the public opinion is concerned, nope.. they know no different then who is a reserve or a full time member. As far as the full time members are concerned, yes some do have an issue with the reserves but not with the person,there is a difference.. they mightn't agree with the reserve but they don't not like you as a person. Mind you this section of the full-time gardas are small. Hope that answers that.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

robo008 wrote: »
    one section of the BR form asks have you ever been charged with a crime or offence. I was in court over not having an NCT on my car, and was fined. Do i answer yes to this question or no as it is road traffic related???

Answer yes and write on the br form what it was for.They will have a record of it on there system so best being honest.In fairness its a fairly minor incident I wouldnt worry about it too much.I was talking to a JLO officer who has cautioned some lads that are now working alongside him as Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

I have studied this for awhile now, when your families background checks are been carried out, Hq write out to each of your families local stations…I have found that your file could be sitting in one station for months on end before moving on to the next port of call….I my self just heard that, My file was sitting for six/seven months at a Station in Dublin area…But thankfully background checks are now fully complete and signed off…I don’t think I’ll make May's intake – Maybe Septembers one? Who knows… My advise would be to contact your local inspector who had the informal chat with you to start with.. and get it moving along... If you’re a year or so waiting…:rolleyes:

Hiya all,
    well i got the letter this morning 2weeks later 2say id passed the interview+exam, i already have a meeting on friday morning with d super & monday with the inspector my br form went off 2hours after i got the letter i filled it out & got it down 2d station , so now im just waitin 4that 2come back whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooohhhhhoooooo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

Hiya all,
    well i got the letter this morning 2weeks later 2say id passed the interview+exam, i already have a meeting on friday morning with d super & monday with the inspector my br form went off 2hours after i got the letter i filled it out & got it down 2d station , so now im just waitin 4that 2come back whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooohhhhhoooooo!!

well done, you sound just as excited as i am, just had my interview with the inspector yesterday so waiting to be called for a medical now, thats if the background checks come back ok. do you have any idea how long the waiting time is for the medical, im hoping to make the september intake??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Hi all! Ive passed the interview and selection process and now im on to the second stage of filling in the BR form. I was just wondering....when it asks me to state aunts and uncles,do i have to put every aunt and uncle down or is it just blood relatives??i have 16 aunts and uncles!!!! Also when it asks for name and station of an AGS member willing to recommend my application,would it be possible to state an uncle who has retired from the force 2 years ago??Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

lippy88 wrote: »
    Hi all! Ive passed the interview and selection process and now im on to the second stage of filling in the BR form. I was just wondering....when it asks me to state aunts and uncles,do i have to put every aunt and uncle down or is it just blood relatives??i have 16 aunts and uncles!!!! Also when it asks for name and station of an AGS member willing to recommend my application,would it be possible to state an uncle who has retired from the force 2 years ago??Thanks!!

Blood relatives.

Must be a current member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

klong wrote: »
    Blood relatives.

Must be a current member.

I don't know any garda really, how can i get a garda to recommend my application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kruger248

tcd wrote: »
    I don't know any garda really, how can i get a garda to recommend my application?

i remember reading on this thread that it wasn't essential to have a recommendation from a garda. Not everyone will know a garda personally so it wouldn't be fair to expect every applicant to get a recommendation.

When I was at the start of the process I called my local station and asked if I could meet with the sergeant in charge to find out a bit about the resrves and the gardai in general. Maybe you could do this and see if the sergeant would be willing to recommend you after meeting you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

According to hq my file is in a pile waiting on a decision has anybody else been told this?
    i hope the waits been worth my luck ill be refused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tras-peachy

is there a time limit between being told you passed the interview & exam to sending in the BR form!?

is there a time limit between being told you passed the interview & exam to sending in the BR form!?

The norm is Between 1 -2 months... sometimes faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

I sort of sat on my BR form for a while as I had trouble finding relatives addresses. I had a letter from HR in the park wanting to know if I still wanted to progress with the application.

If it's taking you a while to get it filled in there's no harm giving the HR section in the park a call to let them know.

• Advertisement

Sorry, read the question wrongly in the first place. Get it done as quickly as you can, answering all the questions correctly and fully. If you need help in any parts of the form pick up the phone to HRM and ask for help, they are good up there. Hope that helps.

Advertisement