Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse in Limerick

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed a horse and a goat tied to a fence beside OMara Motors, across the way from OMC Scientific on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick? The horse looks so thin, you can see his ribs sticking out, and he has no water, looks like he has mange too, I have never seen him stand up, he looks very weak. The goat looks healthy enough. I know there is an issue with horses being mistreated in Limerick, but I have never seen one this bad. I reported it to the Roxboro Garda Station, but I doubt they'll do much about it. They said it belonged to the travellers across the road and they have "had words" with them before. Its ridiculous!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

coco_lola wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a horse and a goat tied to a fence beside OMara Motors, across the way from OMC Scientific on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick? The horse looks so thin, you can see his ribs sticking out, and he has no water, looks like he has mange too, I have never seen him stand up, he looks very weak. The goat looks healthy enough. I know there is an issue with horses being mistreated in Limerick, but I have never seen one this bad. I reported it to the Roxboro Garda Station, but I doubt they'll do much about it. They said it belonged to the travellers across the road and they have "had words" with them before. Its ridiculous!:mad:

Ring Limerick Animal Welfare, they may be able to do something about it.
    063 91110

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Is there a local SPCA near you/in the area that you could contact? They may be able/willing to do more than the guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Thanks, Ill get in touch with Animal Welfare, the guards said they would call them, but tbh i dont think they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hamlyn86

Some people just don't have a clue about how to treat their animals!!! I don't know how they can do it!! And if they don't have a clue about how to treat them there must be a local stables that would take better care of the horse for them at least!!
    I'm sick of seeing skinny animals that are left in some field or tied up and forgotten about!!:confused::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

just an update on that horse - i was driving by last week and the horse is no longer there - fingers crossed he was rescued, but im not sure what happened!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement