Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

LETS GO MURPHYS!
    LETS GO MURPHYS!
    LETS GO MURPHYS!
    LETS GO MURPHYS!
    LETS GO MURPHYS!
    LETS GO MURPHYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

Has Anyone gone too the belfast or cork shows???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Apparently they only played one track from Do Or Die/Gangs All Here era at the Belfast gig.....................................

• Registered Users Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was at cork gig last night. my first time seeing them, great show and atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

not great gig at all
    they good with the crowd
    played alot stuff off new album im not really familiar with
    end of the gig ,no encore just a thanks very much ...and they legged it

• Advertisement

Just got back from the gig......great show one of the best gigs i ever been too.....my ears and throat are pretty messed up ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

endasmail wrote: »
    not great gig at all
    they good with the crowd
    played alot stuff off new album im not really familiar with
    end of the gig ,no encore just a thanks very much ...and they legged it

Totally disagree, thought the gig was great. Then again I dislike the whole "lets pretend to go off stage but everyone knows we will be back" gimmick. Played for a solid hour and a half and almost every song was a crowd pleaser and finishing off with everyone on stage singing skinhead/ boys on the docks was a great moment I thought.

Class gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Thought it was a good one too meself, better than their last show in Tripod. F2F were very good.

Anyone grab a setlist? They pulled out some good oldies. I nearly lost the head during the intro to Vengeance. Was surprised they played Spicey as well!

Got a Ken Casey pleck after :)
    Was gonna hit the Cork gig if Runnin' Riot were supporting, but alas they aren't

They were there tonight, didn't play though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F2F were very good.

+1, people who were there for them actually seemed to be into them too. Did enough to get me to check them out anyway.

Didn't get a set list and was also surprised to hear some old stuff, although there did seem to be some people just waiting for one particular song. :rolleyes:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    +1, people who were there for them actually seemed to be into them too. Did enough to get me to check them out anyway.

Didn't get a set list and was also surprised to hear some old stuff, although there did seem to be some people just waiting for one particular song. :rolleyes:

Wonder what Song that could have been.....Still think the guy wiping the water up that fell was probably the funniest thing :p

• Advertisement

They were there tonight, didn't play though!

Hardly. Marty was on facebook earlier :p

dregin wrote: »
    Hardly. Marty was on facebook earlier :p

Well the singer (Colin?) was there anway. Tore into a bouncer who wouldn't let me up on stage. :P

f2f's set was:

A-ok
    I Won't Lie Down
    What's in a name
    Disconnected
    Bill of Goods
    Ordinary
    Blind
    Complicated
    You've Done nothing
    Pastel
    Walk the Walk
    I'm Trying
    It's not Over

Colin, aye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Inkivaari

Ahh I thought that the gig was great, first time seeing them, got up onstage for Kiss Me I'm ****faced, and got a towel off the singer, and a picture with him too!! Fxckin epic night, ears only just stopped ringing a while ago, throat is still fxcked! Will definitely be seeing them next time they're in Dublin!! Face To Face were surprisingly good, I'm converted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

loved the gig last night, face 2 face were great, i am covered in brusies and the ears are still ringing great fun, any1 have the setlist??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Set list available here http://swearimnotpaul.blogspot.com/2010/04/setlist-dropkick-murphys-olympia.html, but as far as I remember 'For Boston' was the first song

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Set list available here http://swearimnotpaul.blogspot.com/2010/04/setlist-dropkick-murphys-olympia.html, but as far as I remember 'For Boston' was the first song

It was

And i'm shipping upto boston wasn't the last song.....Wasnt it.......

I'm shipping upto boston
    Skinhead on the MBTA
    and Boys on the docks???

And i'm shipping upto boston wasn't the last song.....Wasnt it.......

I'm shipping upto boston
    Skinhead on the MBTA
    and Boys on the docks???

Shipping DEFINATELY wasn't the last song, the guy who put that setlist up must have left early to get his bus

As I was leaving i seen a guy robbed a set list from the stage while he was on the stage.....you think he'd get on and post the set list :P

• Advertisement

That's not the set at all. Complete garbage or copied and pasted from a different night.

they opened with For Boston, Spicy was very early in the set (no later than the 4th song), we didn't get Wheel of Misfortune or Fighting 69th. They played Vengeance and Boys on the Docks was during the encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Great gig in Dublin. Was very impressed. Some damn fine moshing boys and girls haha :) . But yeah, they really were a crowd pleaser and liked how Ken came down during "kiss me im s**t faced". All in all, 10/10 , best gig ive been to in a while. :D

Having a pit was a waste of fcukin time though, caused more problems IMO

think thats right....

the first one is Probably the best video i done a few more too come in the next few days hopefully

think thats right....

Probably the best video i done a few more too come in the next few days hopefully

For future reference, the final part of the link, copy it, click on the youtube symbol in post, and paste inside ;)

Ahhh, ya seem to have got it

Nice vid

Class videos!

Was a really great set. I couldn't believe it when they played Spicy! It must be years since they played it! LOVED IT! And seeing Al rocking the Tricolour boxers was fooking hilarious!
    Brilliant night, probably as good as the one in TBMC that they shared with Frenzal Rhomb few years back. More please. :D
    Also side note...great set in Foggy Dew afterwards.

Skinfull wrote: »
    Class videos!

Was a really great set. I couldn't believe it when they played Spicy! It must be years since they played it! LOVED IT! And seeing Al rocking the Tricolour boxers was fooking hilarious!
    Brilliant night, probably as good as the one in TBMC that they shared with Frenzal Rhomb few years back. More please. :D
    Also side note...great set in Foggy Dew afterwards.

Tell me more

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

Heres the cork set
    for boston
    Famous for nothing
    State of massachusetts
    Sunshine highway
    God willing
    The fighting 69th
    Echoes on A street
    The walking dead
    Caught in a jar
    johnny i hardly knew ya
    As one
    Buried alive
    The auld triangle
    Fortunes of war
    The dirty glass
    Bastards on parade
    (big rip on the page.. Looks like it could start with a Y or V)
    Fields of athenry
    Devils brigade
    Forever
    Workers song
    Captain kellys kitchen
    Kiss me im ****faced
    Barroom hero
    Shipping up to boston
    Skinhead on the mbta
    Boys on the docks

Cant believe they played spicy in dublin! ****!

and they played with Frenzal Rhomb? FUUUUUUUCCCCCKK SAKE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

f2f's set was:

A-ok
    I Won't Lie Down
    What's in a name
    Disconnected
    Bill of Goods
    Ordinary
    Blind
    Complicated
    You've Done nothing
    Pastel
    Walk the Walk
    I'm Trying
    It's not Over

NICE!!! pastel was unreal

Seven thirty seven almost every daaaay!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Tell me more

Oh wait didn't mean to imply the Murphys were there, but the DJ hit us with SLF, Bad Religion, Rancid, Flogging Molly, Rage and so on and so on. Great set though the place was filled with DKM fans and post gig goers so its not surprising. EPIC Pints of miller too :D

Advertisement