Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys

Options
  • 21-03-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

DKM are playin on the 22nd April, and I was jut wondering if anyone had been to previous gigs and if so, whats it like? also, any idea what songs they play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/dropkick-murphys-63d6d2b7.html

Have seen them a few times. They're generally good. But havn't seen them in a year or two now cause I've gotten a bit bored of them. Going to this gig though as Face To Face are supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Great band, Irish connection there obviously, and always play a good show in Dublin as a result...they pull out the stops because of the connection with Ireland and their heritage, Warrior's Code would be my favourite album of recent times....I recommend checking that out

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

they just released a new live album so i guess that might get you an idea of the set! long as they play citizen cia in cork ill be satisfied!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Seen them about 20 times the last few years in Europe and on their Annual Boston gigs and have never been to a bad gig.

On their last european tour Jan/feb seen them in Barcelona/Antwerp & Berlin and they have really started playing bigger Veunes 5-7k venues.

Most were sold out too, will be coming back to dublin for the gig in April.

It been the end of their tour will only add to the night.

Top quality guys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I got my tickets a few months back... can't wait for it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw them in tripod a few years ago, place was stuffed and great atmosphere. Didn't know there was a gig in the olympia :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Linus67

The Dropkicks are great live!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

will have to get going to that
    have their live albums and they are great

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

awesome seen many times, never dull... wanna be irish...but very well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭LeBash

Just listen to the live album and you'll know what to expect.

The set list has the potential to be great though cause they have 3-4 great songs on every album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Never seen em live, used to like them but dont bother listening to them anymore. What is the irish connection anyways apart from having murphy in their name?

from Bostan and knew an Irish guy once.

One of them is a registered Reverand as well, how stereotypical can you get.

Ahh, I like em, prefare Blood Or Whiskey though.

LeBash wrote: »
    from Bostan and knew an Irish guy once.

One of them is a registered Reverand as well, how stereotypical can you get.

Ahh, I like em, prefare Blood Or Whiskey though.
    blood or whiskey you say. Thank feck i can download torrents on my phone

seanybiker wrote: »

Yeah, they would be like an actual Irish version, and around alot longer as well.

They have a new EP out called Live and Learn and the Cashed out on Culture album is good, the earlier albums are a bit more folky, but i like em as well.

have 4 on the way. Blood and whiskey debut version then blood and whiskey and 2 other ones. Cheers for the tip

have 4 on the way. Blood and whiskey debut version then blood and whiskey and 2 other ones. Cheers for the tip

Just make sure your not downloading songs called Blood Or Whiskey, cause theres a few of them around.

Check out thier MySpace or Youtube, they have loads of stuff kicking around.

LeBash wrote: »
    Just make sure your not downloading songs called Blood Or Whiskey, cause theres a few of them around.

Check out thier MySpace or Youtube, they have loads of stuff kicking around.
    no this them alright. Celtic punk/folk. only 1 seed though grr

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I spent a long time whinging about the murphys as "whanna be Irish", but they really aren't at all. They're from Boston with very strong Irish connections. That's just the way it is.

Their music is also significantly better than Blood or Whiskey's in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

How?!? what program like?

And hey now.. Half of Boston is Irish!! And proud of it. And also prefer murphys to blood or whiskey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Does anyone knwo if this gig is going ahead?
    Dublin isnt the first gig on the euro side of the tour but the air space has been closed since the 16th! Are they even in the country!? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Im shipping up to boston played a lot at basketball games and other sporting events. Also featured on the Departed. other than than that dont know a lot about the band.

Will be going ahead as were in the UK over the w/end and will be booked onto the ferry over.

Im just hoping now i can get flight back to dublin on thursday morning for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Will be going ahead as were in the UK over the w/end and will be booked onto the ferry over.

Im just hoping now i can get flight back to dublin on thursday morning for this..

Airspace closed till wed at 1pm now. :( Good luck getting here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Inkivaari

calex71 wrote: »
    Saw them in tripod a few years ago, place was stuffed and great atmosphere. Didn't know there was a gig in the olympia :(

As far as I know, theres still tickets available in the balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

So the gig is a definite too happen tomorrow???? did they play belfast last nite???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

going to the concert tonight in cork (if its on)

any news if its definitely on with this ash cloud and all ?

Saw a mate say he was on his way to the gig last night in Belfast... Dunno if it actually happened in the end or what
    [edit]
    Yeah, they played Belfast last night.
    [/edit]

Yeah gig went ahead last night and Cork/Dublin go ahead as normal...

• Advertisement

Was gonna hit the Cork gig if Runnin' Riot were supporting, but alas they aren't :(

Advertisement