Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to mix and match speakers for 5.1 surround.

Options
  • 21-03-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

I plan on putting in a 5.1 system in the new house which will be getting chased for wires next week.

I would like the two rear speakers of the system to be "in wall".

Just wondering can I go and get two in wall speakers to replace the two existing speakers in the 5.1 system and leave the rest of the system as is?

Are there other considerations like wattage etc that have to be inline with the current system.

Also, as a side question. How much should I expect to be paying for these in wall speakers and is there much hassle involved in chasing out the wall for them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zabzab

The answer is yes you can use inwall I would need to know what system you are using at present. Also James loudspeakers USA do a very slim line beautiful on wall speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Well I haven't bought anything yet. I'm just planning, what kind of stuff do I need to take into account?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

As long as the speakers are the same impedence (4omh or 8ohm usually) and are sufficiently capable in terms of power handling you should be fine. In general, rear speakers in a 5.1 setup are less important than the front three, which usually carry most of the sound.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Thats great advice, thanks.

I'll be sure to double check that info before I buy anything.

Thanks again.

Advertisement