Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Welcome to the Geography Forum

• 19-03-2010 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to our new Geography forum.

Whilst its home is here in the Science category, it has already been agreed that the social and economic sides of geography are welcome for discussion here as a part of the bigger picture. If it's a thing that this is leading to confusion, we can introduce thread prefixes to clarify things, but lets try it without them first and see how the forum starts off.

Your mods are Flamed Driving and hunnymonster who's no stranger being the mod of the Athletic / Running / Triathlon forum.

So let science commence!

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Gotta throw a congratulations to Flamed Diving on this new forum...he did persist with it.

Keep it geographical people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Ah now, it was a group effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Nice one! Well done, looking forward to contributing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

efla wrote: »
    Nice one! Well done, looking forward to contributing
    As above, well done for getting this forum set up.
    Just a small point that is probably being worked on as we speak, but the forum does not seem to be included in the Science drop-down menu.

Duiske wrote: »
    Just a small point that is probably being worked on as we speak, but the forum does not seem to be included in the Science drop-down menu.

Duly noted. I will contact the higher-ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Duiske wrote: »

I think it usually takes a while for that change to happen. I can't remember where I read it but I think the change takes effect the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

well done on getting the new forum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Congratulations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yay for geography! I'm looking forward to using this forum a lot :)

Just wanted to mention a point about advertising. It is perfectly ok for people to post threads about upcoming guest lectures/speakers coming to various societies and universities. In fact, I encourage such behaviour. The advertising that the charter speaks of simply relates to people trying to sell goods/services. If you want to do that, go to adverts.ie. This ban on advertising also goes for Geography societies who wish to promote some night out.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I am delighted to hear that this is finally happening!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Congrats, FD (and all concerned). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Woot!

That is all.

Advertisement