Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

At 7oc on a Monday?! Sure what'd you be doing?

I meant Monday in general! And today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Waheyyy road trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I like having nothing to do *stretches luxuriously*

Yesterday, I had to help my daddy fix a report and powerpoint for his presentation today. I'll do his college work of course, but not my own :pac:

Anyone have interesting plans for tomorrow? I imagine my day will be filled with sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

I'm at home in rural Mayo for the week. Very peaceful and relaxing, or at least it would be if I didn't have a ****ing debating intervarsity to organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Ataxia wrote: »
    I'm at home in rural Mayo for the week. Very peaceful and relaxing, or at least it would be if I didn't have a ****ing debating intervarsity to organise.

Same, except for rural Mayo insert suburban north Dublin, and for debating intervarsity insert four concerts and a thesis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Same, except for rural Mayo insert suburban north Dublin, and for debating intervarsity insert four concerts and a thesis.

Same, except for suburabn North Dublin insert rural West Midlands and for four concerts and a thesis insert writing thesis and organising the next year of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Stupid exam timetables just gave me a heart attack.
    Better than last summer, but still... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

mickstupp wrote: »
    Stupid exam timetables just gave me a heart attack.
    Better than last summer, but still... :(

Just got told that it was up by a friend....two exams on one day again.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ataxia wrote: »
    Haha, mine is very similar to this. Except rural Sligo instead of rural Mayo, and attempting to organise the 1940s night that we're having in two weeks.

The exam timetable is out? Is that not way earlier than any other year? The joys of not having exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Very early:eek: I haven't even started attending lectures yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

It says the timetable wont be up until 3 wks before the exams on the website when i check :confused:

It was sent out to our emails, nearly had a heart attack seeing they go on til June 5th! I'm flying out for a holiday that day yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Instead of rural places, Maynooth (home for me) and doing anything else I'm working on getting novels read and working out how to tackle essays for English and Psychology. I'm going to spend the next day or two in bed and feel like hell.
    :mad:

But I just found my watch that's been missing for ages!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Thanks Rob!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Teenage dramatics... my god, I'm so glad I'm not a yung wun anymore.

My sister is planning on "sitting" on the green all day, thinking my mother's as thick to believe that she'll just be *quote* pannin' ou'.

All I said was that does she think mam is retarded and that it's fairly obvious what she's going to be up to and she goes "Eh, don't be fcuking judging my friends, my friends are all beautiful people, you don't know them, don't judge them. Hmmkay? Wtf (I would like to point out here that she said "double-you-tee-eff") what is your, like, problem?!"

oh-em-eff-gee, roll eyes.

Kids these days.

What are ye all doing tomorrow? Please tell me I'm not the only one studying..

I've had similar conversations! My sister just goes to the pub now ha! Oh to be young and underage...wouldn't for anything!

No you're not the only one studying! I'll be doing the same! Don't worry! I'm not bothered to go to the "parade"! Ha!

I'm in work from 12-7 and either heading to Zinc or Bradys tomorrow night.

Anyone care to explain this whole "Kilkenny library" that comes up when you search books on our library site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Thursday 27th May, 09.30: Commencing final exam as undegrad.

Thursday 27th May 11.30: Commencing final pissup up as an undergrad.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'm in work from 12-7 and either heading to Zinc or Bradys tomorrow night.

Anyone care to explain this whole "Kilkenny library" that comes up when you search books on our library site?

NUIM have a small campus in Kilkenny (mainly diploma and cert courses), complete with library and all. It's very closely tied with NUIM, hence why their library listings come up with ours (also if it was a very important book, and you needed it, I *think* they can organise a transfer of the material from Kilkenny to Maynooth)

Well those feckers have all the copies of the book I need :(

• Advertisement

Get it transferred up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I *think* they can organise a transfer of the material from Kilkenny to Maynooth

This is true, I've got one book on hold in the Maynooth library for about a month now.

You fill in a form, and they bring it down the next day, and will hold for two weeks. Whenever you bring it out you can have it for three hours and can't leave the library with it, and if you need for longer than two weeks just let them know.

Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Dublin tomorrow.:D

Are lecturers on holiday this week? My head is wrecked. I need my lecturer to approve my essay title for the essay that I have fully researched and ready to go, I emailed him about 12 hours ago and I still haven't heard back from him. :mad:

I didn't think it was midterm for lecturers.. I wouldn't mind only I asked him if he would be able to have a look at it if I emailed it to him during reading week and he said "Yeah, no problem!".

HEAD: MELTED.

(I know lecturers probably have a life outside Maynooth, but really, essays are due the week we come back, you'd think he'd make himself available by email at this time of year considering it's his course)

Well I kind of needed it for today/tomorrow, so I'll just have to switch to a different book.

Are lecturers on holiday this week? My head is wrecked. I need my lecturer to approve my essay title for the essay that I have fully researched and ready to go, I emailed him about 12 hours ago and I still haven't heard back from him. :mad:

I didn't think it was midterm for lecturers.. I wouldn't mind only I asked him if he would be able to have a look at it if I emailed it to him during reading week and he said "Yeah, no problem!".

HEAD: MELTED.

(I know lecturers probably have a life outside Maynooth, but really, essays are due the week we come back, you'd think he'd make himself available by email at this time of year considering it's his course)

Some will be in, some wont - doubt you will find anyone after tomorrow, but officially everyone is on duty

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

just do it.

even if you have to start all over again you will have learned something and that is what we are all here for. right?

Well I kind of needed it for today/tomorrow, so I'll just have to switch to a different book.

Whats the book?

Arensberg - An Irish Countryman =/

• Advertisement

Arensberg - An Irish Countryman =/

That should be in the library - there was an edited edition of Family and Community released a few years back that included this - it could be in the catalog under Family and Community in Ireland.

I'm not sure though...

edit: Search shows three copies of The Irish Countryman in under 941.50822 ARE? JPII

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement