Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale M249 Para

• 12-03-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Having a clean out:

M249 Para
    ELCAN sight
    British Army Sling
    High MAH 9V battery
    Box mag modification
    Dummy rounds

€350 the lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭chris20

any pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I'm away till monday. I'll have them then. She is in fine condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭daxter

wer ar you based?

Dublin

• Advertisement

Ok €300 and I'll throw in an SSG 69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

By any chance would you be willing to split this lot?

I'm interested in the dummy rounds and the ELCAN sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

How old is it Alvin? From what I have read these AEGs can be problematic - any issues e.g. wear of metal on bipod?

Thanks

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    By any chance would you be willing to split this lot?

I'm interested in the dummy rounds and the ELCAN sight.

Thats most of the price. Buy them and you get a really cheap M249 along with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Yeah only thing is I already have an M249 Para. Otherwise I would have bought the lot ;).

• Advertisement

Bemused wrote: »
    How old is it Alvin? From what I have read these AEGs can be problematic - any issues e.g. wear of metal on bipod?

Thanks

It's about 2.5 years old. In terms of gaming it's about 30,000 rounds. - Not a whole lot. I found it a tad to heavy for my fat-out-of-condition-ass to drag through ditches so it's been safely stored away.

It does suffer (slightly) from wear on the bipod, as do all of the A&Ks hence their cheap price compared to CA. But because it's not been used much that wear is less.

A&K also suffer from a dodgy hopup unit. I replaced that with a Garder unit.
    It shipped with a small type 9V 1000MAH battery for storage in the forgrip giving bugger all playtime.
    The wiring loom has been extended to route a 9V 2000MAH crane battery through to the spare space in the box mag which extends the life by about 150% - You will get a weekend out of it at one charge. The battery I am supplying has been reconditiond with a TM battery discharger after every use.

The box mag does not have any faults and has fed all of those rounds without a jam on 8.4V and 9V. It works fine in sound powered and always on modes..

Hope that answers your question.

The SSG I'm adding in has been tested at 1J. I'm supplying a bipod and a spare 25rnd mag.
    I bought it to try sniping before investing lots of money in an expensive snipers rifle. Got bored very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

if u are willing to split ill take the 249 on its own

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Yeah only thing is I already have an M249 Para. Otherwise I would have bought the lot ;).

It's a nice piece. I just need the space so I'm toying with what I can get rid off.

Walsh475 wrote: »
    if u are willing to split ill take the 249 on its own

Split in what way? You can take the 249 with all of the bits or that and the SSG for 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

i would be interested alright at 300 is there any zoom on the ECLAN sight?

Walsh475 wrote: »
    i would be interested alright at 300 is there any zoom on the ECLAN sight?

Yep it's 3X or 4X wide field illuminated Day(red) Night (Green) and neutral (Crosshair)

Confirmed still up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

If your toying with the idea of spliting this up, I'd be interested in the sight

I'm trying to sell it as a total package. I don't really need the cash rather than the space it frees up, so if attaching the sight makes the gun easier to sell then I'd rather keep the two together.

If someone wants to take the other items in the package, then I'd be willing to do that, but otherwise unfortunatly no.

Hope you understand.

Alvin,

If you "don't really need the cash" I'd be able to offer 200 (can't afford any more) and free up that space for you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Alvin - maybe I missed it but what make is the 249 (A&K I assume?)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

yeah its an A&K but Alvin has dealt with the dodgy hop-up that they are know for and fitted a Guarder Unit instead.....

Alvin,

If you "don't really need the cash" I'd be able to offer 200 (can't afford any more) and free up that space for you! :)

It retails at 300. Thats without the (nice) scope, metal rounds, sling, battery, replaced hop-up unit and the additional SSG and bipod...

If I did that, the Mrs would kick me soooooo hard.

And not in the good way.

Alvin - maybe I missed it but what make is the 249 (A&K I assume?)

Yep. The hopup has been replaced and the bipod is fully functional. It was only ever used to rest the gun when not in use. The wear on it is small.

Alvin,

Meet me half way. I'll pull the SSG from the deal and drop the price to €250

Would love to man, but even as it is I should not be considering this - have a timing belt and service on the car coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Hi Alvin, I lost track of this thread somewhere along the way, would you confirm exactly what you are offering for sale @ €250?

Hi Alvin, I lost track of this thread somewhere along the way, would you confirm exactly what you are offering for sale @ €250?
    What you see in the pictures above @250.
    Thats the 249, 9V 2000MAH battery, ELCAN, dummy metal rounds, British Army sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

you willing to sell the scope on it's own

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

I'm trying to sell it as a total package. I don't really need the cash rather than the space it frees up, so if attaching the sight makes the gun easier to sell then I'd rather keep the two together.

If someone wants to take the other items in the package, then I'd be willing to do that, but otherwise unfortunatly no.

Hope you understand.

That question was already answered! ;)

Advertisement