Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpacks and other essentials

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think essentials depend on where you go, what you need for Nigeria is completely different to what you need for Sweden. The only universal essential is a towel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

All those sites tell you to bring mental things with you such as masking tap to patch holes and string that you can create your own hammock with and loads of bull**** like that. Backpack, some clothes but not too much as you can pick up cheap t shirts on the way. A towel if you want. I reckon about 90% of the places i stayed in gave me a towel for free when asked. Paid a dollar for it in the other 10%. You can buy a guidebook but the best source is the net and write stuff down. I found books to be outdated even though they say they are latest versions. Everything you need you are better off buying on a need to basis while on the road. It is easily available and much cheaper than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

millets.co.uk don't deliver to Ireland though, from what I can gather from their website.. :confused:

Towel's always useful. It can double up as bedding or a blanket as well as drying.

Other than that, I think one of the best things to have is a light pack with empty space: that way you can easily pick up new stuff and you don't spend every morning cramming stuff into your bag!

Oh yeah, this was what I was trying to remember when I first replied...

http://www.onebag.com/checklist.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement