Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubble 3D IMAX.

Options
  • 25-01-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭

Here's the trailer for the Hubble 3D IMAX film that was filmed throughout STS-125 last year. Looks absolutely amazing. Sadly we don't have an imax cinema in the ROI anymore so it might require a spin to London to see it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I really want to see this. Is there an IMAX in Belfast that would show it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

And here is a link to a video first posted by lord Lucan on the STS-129 thread about the final mission to service Hubble.It is All about the making of the Imax film.It is funny,poignant,scientific.Six of the crew are in it including Mike Massimino who just the other day was acting as capcom to the ISS/SS for a tweating session live.Megan who could not be there for this video and mike flirted in a very funny way,she was in charge of his robot arm during his Spacewalks and she acted as Capcom a lot of the time during 126.
    anyway it combines so many interests it really is worth a watch!http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/archive/ns/replay7.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Baza210 wrote: »
    I really want to see this. Is there an IMAX in Belfast that would show it?

From what i can gather the IMAX in Belfast closed down too so London is probably our best bet.

Hmm, seems like the release is in March... I'll be in London in April, hope it's still showing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Looks like the Science Museum in London are going to be showing it from March 19th on their 3D Imax screen.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/events/imax_films/hubble_3d.aspx?eventId={AAD2BCDF-1454-4881-BA40-C38BB1010293}

• Advertisement

Awesome, it's still showing in April. Thanks for the link.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Baza210 wrote: »
    Hmm, seems like the release is in March... I'll be in London in April, hope it's still showing!

me too, im going over on the 15th, if its showing i'll catch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Argh.. Times like this I wish I was back in Sydney. Imax 'round the corner :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Yeah trip to London seems like the only way.

Advertisement