Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kildare Route Project - Is it open?

• 08-03-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

Does anyone know what's the current state of this project, is it open, or nearly finished or delayed? It is a major piece of infrastructure and thought there would have been a big announcement that it was finished, or did I just miss it?
    Is there any news on this or photos

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No

1. There is a missing link between the KRP at Parkwest and the Interconnector Project from west of Kylemore road.

2. Some extra tracks need to be laid elsewhere, I understand 2 of the 4 tracks are fully done from Parkmore to Hazelhatch but 2 are not.

Completion of item two is Autumn/Winter 2010, no information on the missing link. We may hear something before the hearing on the Interconnector next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    1. There is a missing link between the KRP at Parkwest and the Interconnector Project from west of Kylemore road.

Has anyone tried contacting IE over this vital link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I have been assured by 4 TDs that they agree that there is no point in proceeding with the Interconnector absent the 'missing link'. We are awaiting publication of the Railway Order.

In fairness IE only announced the Kylemore Road to Heuston section would be quad track ( partially 5 track in effect) when they confirmed late last year that the Interconnector Tunnel would run from Inchicore not Heuston.

I assume that they are dealing with the design of the remainder of the Missing Link since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

The 4 track section as constructed is in commission, however the two older tracks will be taken out of service, one at a time, to be relaid during 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Kishogue stations is never going to be finished, so the 4 KRP will never be "done"
    see thread on C&T

• Advertisement
Advertisement