Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insuring a Modified car in Ireland - Is it possible anymore??....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Have you tried First Ireland? I'm insured with them on a (declared) remapped 2004 Jap Import RX-8. I'm 24 with 4 years NCB and 4 penalty points. Premium is €1550 with €250 excess. Worth a shot!

Thats one of the best quotes iv heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Same here :) It really is worth it to haggle! It's comprehensive too and includes breakdown cover/roadside assist and windscreen cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I agree thats a great price, is it the 250bhp Jap version?

draffodx wrote: »
    I agree thats a great price, is it the 250bhp Jap version?

Yep! In the process of remapping to 275 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yep! In the process of remapping to 275 :D

very nice, get some pics up in the other thread!

I was gonna get one but I could only find a yellow for sale and I dont like yellow cars and importing one now would cost a fortune

• Advertisement

I've posted pics in "Cars I've Owned" or something along those lines!

Yellow cars are horrible! Especially the RX-8 and M3 in "canary yellow" :vomit:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

XS Direct didn't like my mods
    I did get a quote from Arachas of €1200 with all mods declared subject to an engineers report
    Looks like the best I'm gonna get

• Registered Users Posts: 26 4wd

having worked in the insurance industury and having a backround and trade from the motor industary i can completey agree that irish insurers do not have a clue about current trends and vehicle modifactions
    and with a lack of education comes ignorance
    an insurance company is legaly obliged to quote you so try that on them next time they refuse you a quote.
    take note of when and who you spoke to . if your not getting any joy form the inital person ask to speak to a superior.
    remind them of there obligation to quote and reference the insurance ombudsman

its like going to a doctor and him saying he does not treat sick people
    my advise is to ask to speak to somrone in charge of the underwriting as my experience is that most of the employees are trained only in phones and sales. very few have any qualafactions

if that all goes tits up a garage policey is my advise
    1000 to 1500 for the year and your free to drive what you want
    great if you have a few cars or heavily moddified car and less hassle from those other ignorant *unts the cops

axa quinn and rsa will all deney any claim thay can . if there is found to be modifactions carried out
    this can lead to a number of issues especialy if your unlucky enough to have a crash with another vehicle and or injurys.

i had an experience of axa denieying a cliam because of an induction kit fitted to an interga . i had to say it to the engineer that because of the poor quality install that the vehicle would be under preforming . he did not want to listen . so i offered my advise to the owner he took the vehicle to be tested for proformance and sure enough it was well down on power
    he went to the ombudsman and he ruled in the customers favor it was a long drawn out battle but he won in the end
    axa had to review there policy wording because of this .
    ****in robbin pricks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 4wd

<Mod Snip>

I'm sick of editing your posts now. Don't advertise and if you want to contribute to the forum, please do so in a civil manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

To get a trade policy you're supposed to be in the trade. It's not meant for any joe soap. If you were stopped at 3am by the Guards, what would your excuse be? You were working on the car until the early hours?

• Advertisement
Advertisement